Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion

Post Freedom Is Not Free
Posted 2003-04-14, 04:31 PM
To: President Bush and U.S. Congress
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Our military is not “flying free” as most Americans believe. As a majority of the airlines do not provide discount fares for the military, the men and women actively serving our country are paying for their own flights home during leave and – in many instances – are paying higher fares than most of the public. The reason for this is that they are unable to book their tickets in advance as their leaves are not always granted 21, 14 nor 7 days in advance.

All too often, our military are not informed of their leave dates until the last minute. Then they frequently cannot afford the “walk up” fares. As a result, many family members have difficulty seeing their sons or daughters as neither can afford the airfare. In other instances, parents are paying exorbitant airfares to bring their children home before their deployment—worrying that this may very well be the last time they see them.

We recently sent a letter to the CEO’s of eleven airlines (Alaska, America West, American, Continental, Delta, Hawaiian, Northwest, Southwest, United, US Airways and Jet Blue) asking them to do two things:

1)Reinstate the airfare that was offered to active duty military personnel during the Vietnam War. It was called Military Standby. It was less expensive than “Military Reserve”, which was the other airfare offered during that time. Anyone showing an active military ID paid a greatly reduced price for his or her ticket. We want the airlines to fill--their otherwise empty seats--with the men and women who are putting their lives on the line to serve our country.

2)Provide active duty military personnel a guaranteed seat at the 21-day advance fare for all tickets booked anytime prior to the flight. If a flight needs to be changed because of a change in orders (which can be substantiated), the airlines should waive any fees or penalties and refund the total amount of the fare.

Blue Star Moms and the undersigned, are asking for a resolution from the United States Congress that airlines voluntarily provide military travelers on leave with their lowest fares, even on short notice. If a flight needs to be changed because of a change in orders (which can be substantiated), the airlines should waive any fees or penalties and refund the total amount of the fare. The airfare(s) structure should be easy for all military personnel to understand and for the airline reservations sales agents to execute. We are asking Congress to work with the airlines to make this a win-win for all concerned.

With the threats of terrorism being a real concern for all, the airlines and their customers receive the benefit of added security when military personnel are aboard their flights – and the military receives a loud message that you honor the service they provide their country.

Our Sons and Daughters joined the military for honorable reasons…to serve and protect their fellow Americans’ rights for liberty, freedom and justice. They are proud and will give their lives to protect the people they love—Americans—you and me. As they fight terrorism to protect our nation, show them the respect and appreciation they never ask for, yet deserve. Show them that you believe in them by supporting this resolution

Please click Here To hereby sign the petition!

-Nem
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
LiveWire is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLiveWire is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

LiveWire

Posted 2003-04-15, 02:42 AM in reply to LiveWire's post "Freedom Is Not Free"
Everyone should sign this.....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Doofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDoofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Doofus_AW

Posted 2003-04-15, 09:29 AM in reply to LiveWire's post "Freedom Is Not Free"
Done and done.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2003-04-15, 12:38 PM in reply to LiveWire's post "Freedom Is Not Free"
I'm not I wont want to get involved in anything.

Stanley Cups
2015 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2014 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2013 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2012 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2011 Stanley Cup Champions: The Boston Bruins. C-Zdeno Chara
2010 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks C-Jonathon Toews
2009 Stanley Cup Champions: The Pittsburgh Penguins C-Sidney Crosby
2008 Stanley Cup Champions: The Detroit Red Wings C-Nicklas Lidstrom
2007 Stanley Cup Champions: The Ducks Of Anaheim C-Scott Neidermayer
2006 Stanley Cup Champions: The Carolina Hurricanes C-Rod Brind'Amour
2004 Stanley Cup Champions: The Tampa Bay Lightning C-Dave Andreychuk

Longevity

TWELVE YEAR VETERAN (October 2002)

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67

Posted 2003-04-15, 01:40 PM in reply to LiveWire's post "Freedom Is Not Free"
quikspy67 said:
I'm not I wont want to get involved in anything.
... Dumbass.

By the way, I signed. I'm gonna be Army Special Forces soon (decided against the marines) so of course I am gonna sign this!

Maybe tonight we'll fly so far away... We'll be lost before the dawn...
Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2003-04-15, 01:59 PM in reply to LiveWire's post "Freedom Is Not Free"
Wtf I just said because It asked for street and adress what is your problem? Did you just have your period or something or did you miss it because you had sexual relations with a man?

Stanley Cups

Longevity

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67

Posted 2003-04-15, 02:23 PM in reply to LiveWire's post "Freedom Is Not Free"
quikspy67 said:
Wtf I just said because It asked for street and adress what is your problem? Did you just have your period or something or did you miss it because you had sexual relations with a man?
I think you might have missed the little "()" That stated "(Opional)"
Just Give me a blank Document in Winsyntax and tell me what you want
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
¤X¤ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between¤X¤ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

¤X¤

Posted 2003-04-15, 02:28 PM in reply to LiveWire's post "Freedom Is Not Free"
No I was saying why I didn't want to say it but then Doctah said I was a dumbass.

Stanley Cups

Longevity

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

quikspy67