Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

Bluetooth stereo headphones
Posted 2007-10-29, 10:54 PM
So I got the DR-BT21G Bluetooth headset from Sony.
Pros:
  • It's very light
  • It's pretty comfortable
  • The lack of wires is quite convenient
  • The charge lasts me all Saturday, and they charge amazingly fast, too
  • The frequency response range is decent, though it sounds a bit cut off on the high end
Cons:
  • 802.11b/g interferes with Bluetooth. If you plan on using them for internet gaming over wireless network, you'll need a Bluetooth transmitter you can position to weed out this issue, or plan on moving to 5GHz wireless networking. If you're away from the router and you computer isn't using the internet, there should be no issue.
  • The range doesn't cover my entire apartment. My room, no problem, but not the whole apartment.
  • There is slight artifacting that I only notice when listening to music.
  • When using a USB Bluetooth dongle, if you're planning on running something that is a resource hog, like Oblivion with everything turned up, plan on the audio feed cutting out whenever the framerate drops. The solution to this is an external audio gateway that plugs into your soundcard.
  • If you use a Bluetooth dongle, there will be a variable, noticable, annoying lag; you can probably learn to live with it, as long as you don't watch any live-action video.
  • Even with the external audio gateway, there will probably still be a slight lag. I'm using the HWS-BTA2W, and live-action video is barely noticably de-lip-synched; definately something you can get used to, though
  • Though you can get the microphone to work with the computer, you can't do it at the same time as you listen to stereo audio
All-in-all, they're keepers, though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired