Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Post Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic
Posted 2003-07-16, 03:23 AM
Does this game cost a montly fee? I looked around on their site and didn't see anything about one.

Has anyone played it or know someone who has? Is it good?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2003-07-16, 08:00 AM in reply to Acer's post "Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic"
I haven't heard anything about a fee, but I wouldn't expect one. It's not a mmo game. It has a single player and a multiplayer that I would expect will be very similar to that of JK2.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-07-16, 09:16 AM in reply to Acer's post "Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic"
EGM said they were dying to play it so I'm sure it's pretty good.

Now, the console it's on... boo :P
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2003-07-17, 03:52 AM in reply to Acer's post "Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic"
Xbox? lol I love Xbox
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2003-07-17, 07:55 AM in reply to Acer's post "Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic"
PC Games will always beat console games though... Btw: http://www.gamespy.com/dailyvictim/index.asp?id=624
D3V said:

Last edited by Medieval Bob; 2003-07-17 at 08:19 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-07-17, 03:09 PM in reply to Acer's post "Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic"
I've been looking around for it, but can't find it. It looks GREAT though. IGN gave it a 9.5 for a rating.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-07-17, 03:10 PM in reply to Acer's post "Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic"
I've been looking around for it, but can't find it. It looks GREAT though. IGN gave it a 9.5 for a rating, and from all the video's I've seen, it seems well worth it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-07-18, 06:04 AM in reply to Acer's post "Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic"
Yeah it does seem tight, I wanted to know about fee, since I am getting SWG and if this is a monthly fee, then I wont get.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2003-07-18, 07:42 AM in reply to Acer's post "Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic"
KOTOR is not the same type of game as SWG. It's a single player game, meaning no fee. SWG is a mmorpg, and taht's why it has a fee.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

uncapped

Posted 2003-07-18, 02:35 PM in reply to Acer's post "Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic"
Good, I might get then... seems like a fun game.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2003-07-22, 06:47 PM in reply to Acer's post "Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic"
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic is a XBOX game, its single player and made by Bioware, the makers of Baldurs Gate
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2003-07-22, 06:57 PM in reply to Acer's post "Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic"
Sum Yung Guy said:
XBOX game
BAD
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2003-07-22, 07:22 PM in reply to Acer's post "Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic"
REVIEWS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IGN
"You'll see this on several Game of the Year nomination lists if not at the very top soon enough."

Unlimited Lives
"KOTOR seems flawless. It’s one of the greatest RPGs I’ve played and has eradicated my doubts that a Western developer can create an RPG on par with Final Fantasy. What’s more, it’s even replaced Halo as my favorite Xbox™ title."

GamePro
"BioWare has fabulously succeeded in taking a very PC-like title and making it palatable (not to mention obscenely addictive) to the console audience. The result: the best RPG on the Xbox and arguably the best Star Wars® game to date."

GamimgWorldX
"It is, thanks to the incredible job on the vocal work and the environments, easily the most involving RPG IÂ’ve ever played on a console or PC, and speaks volumes about the talented and passionate people making games at BioWare."

GameSpot
"You don't need to be a fan of Star Wars or of RPGs to appreciate all the impressive qualities of this game--but if you are, all the better. "

Games Domain
"Without question, RPG players, Star Wars fans and many hardcore gamers will be thrilled. There won't be many chances to dig into a game like this on Xbox, so it's all time well spent."

Game Partisan
"KotoR lives up to every fans dream and may yet spawn many a fanatic to come. From the terrific battles to the epic music I find myself unable to put the controller down long enough to sleep."

PGNX Media
"Anyway you look at it; there are LOTS of reasons to play this many times. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is my first pick for Game of the Year 2003, buy this one NOW!"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2003-07-22, 07:24 PM in reply to Acer's post "Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic"
Xenn said:
Sum Yung Guy said:
XBOX game
BAD
Bad is the the old xbox days. Xbox games are picking up and it should bring alot of new xbox gamers when Rockstar release Vice City later this year.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2003-07-22, 07:43 PM in reply to Acer's post "Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic"
Yeah I agree Xbox has improved over time.

Stanley Cups
2015 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2014 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2013 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2012 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2011 Stanley Cup Champions: The Boston Bruins. C-Zdeno Chara
2010 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks C-Jonathon Toews
2009 Stanley Cup Champions: The Pittsburgh Penguins C-Sidney Crosby
2008 Stanley Cup Champions: The Detroit Red Wings C-Nicklas Lidstrom
2007 Stanley Cup Champions: The Ducks Of Anaheim C-Scott Neidermayer
2006 Stanley Cup Champions: The Carolina Hurricanes C-Rod Brind'Amour
2004 Stanley Cup Champions: The Tampa Bay Lightning C-Dave Andreychuk

Longevity

TWELVE YEAR VETERAN (October 2002)

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67

Posted 2003-07-22, 10:39 PM in reply to Acer's post "Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic"
How did it improve? I mean, my Xbox isnt any different. People still seem to compare Xbox'x games to its console :P
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2003-07-22, 10:41 PM in reply to Acer's post "Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic"
Though I don't know the history of Xbox, a console can improve. PS2 has much better drivers currently than when it was first released. There are also newer versions of DVD readers and such.
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-07-22, 10:46 PM in reply to Acer's post "Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic"
We should get backon topic.

Stanley Cups
2015 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2014 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2013 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2012 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2011 Stanley Cup Champions: The Boston Bruins. C-Zdeno Chara
2010 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks C-Jonathon Toews
2009 Stanley Cup Champions: The Pittsburgh Penguins C-Sidney Crosby
2008 Stanley Cup Champions: The Detroit Red Wings C-Nicklas Lidstrom
2007 Stanley Cup Champions: The Ducks Of Anaheim C-Scott Neidermayer
2006 Stanley Cup Champions: The Carolina Hurricanes C-Rod Brind'Amour
2004 Stanley Cup Champions: The Tampa Bay Lightning C-Dave Andreychuk

Longevity

TWELVE YEAR VETERAN (October 2002)

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67

Posted 2003-07-23, 09:52 PM in reply to Acer's post "Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic"
backon topic being that KOTOR is a rockin xbox only game
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2003-07-23, 10:39 PM in reply to Acer's post "Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic"
This is by far the best game I've ever played. I rented it and have had it for 2 days, and my save game file is already at 12.5 hours. I think I'm already addicted, being evil is so much fun.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Bryan- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-Bryan- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-Bryan-