Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III

# of classes.
Posted 2008-10-06, 05:07 PM
Diablo 3 FAQ's state there will be 5 total classes.

Will players be able to choose the gender of their character, regardless of class?

Yes. Players will be able to create male and female characters for all five classes.

I've heard that the only class they are bringing back from previous titles is the barbarian, everything else will be new.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-10-06, 05:11 PM in reply to Kazilla's post "# of classes."
Damn it. I wonder if they are going to remake the pally with hammers.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-10-06, 05:14 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Damn it. I wonder if they are going to..."
I think the hammerdin kinda ruined a lot of Diablo II. Aside from the runewords which completely ruined the economy. I'll be glad to see nothing that grants the teleport skill.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-10-06, 05:26 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "I think the hammerdin kinda ruined a..."
Why don't you want an item granting the tele skill? It makes sense that people should be able to get that skill no matter what.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-10-06, 07:05 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Why don't you want an item granting the..."
I've never heard of a Barbarian warrior having the teleport ability. Not every class should be able to get that skill.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-10-06, 07:36 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "I've never heard of a Barbarian warrior..."
As soon as the enigma was released it caused an out-pouring of underskilled players pop'ing around with tele. Then the hammerdin + enigma was born and all hope was lost for other character designs. Basically if you want to rush hell quickly/efficiently you will be required to roll a hammerdin, bone necro, ele druid, or sorc. All of which require the enigma to be used (with the exception of the sorc). I'm not saying other classes can't do it, I'm saying if you want to be quick then you have to roll on of the above.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-10-07, 07:29 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "As soon as the enigma was released it..."
Who says that tele will even be a spell/skill in this game?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-10-07, 07:38 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Who says that tele will even be a..."
It looks so different then Diablo II, it will be hard to see how they would incorporate it. I'm just hoping runewords are done with.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-10-07, 08:14 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "It looks so different then Diablo II,..."
Done with? I'd be surprised if Blizzard doesn't add such a mechanic to WoW at some point.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-10-07, 08:26 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Done with? I'd be surprised if Blizzard..."
Currently everything in WoW is obtainable. Given you have tha patience to run said instance x amount of times. So many rune's in d2 were just so outrageously hard to obtain.. and not only that but when you finally did get one, you leave your game and it poofs. I don't want to see the impossible to obtain in d3 or d2, thats what I meant.

If anyones next post is, "the glaives are impossible". No, they arent really.. You know exactly where they drop and how often. It's a matter of time. d2 is all over the place.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-10-07, 10:00 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Currently everything in WoW is..."
But you can make higher runes from many smaller runes, so it really is just a matter of time.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-10-07, 11:05 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "But you can make higher runes from many..."
Have you ever calculated the amount of EL runes it would take to create a ZOD rune? In case you haven’t I taken the liberty of doing it for you.

In order to create 1 ZOD rune you will need approximately 1,853,020,188,851,840 EL runes.

That is one quadrillion eight hundred fifty-three trillion twenty billion one hundred eighty-eight million eight hundred fifty-one thousand eight hundred forty EL runes.

To put this into perspective, the odds of winning the Power Ball are 1 in 146,107,962.00
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My math is slightly off because I have forgotten the x2 runes after UM rune rule. Still is flabbergasting with the numbers.

Last edited by Kazilla; 2008-10-07 at 11:08 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-10-07, 11:31 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Have you ever calculated the amount of..."
Yes, but you encounter a variety of different runes. You're not going to collect all first-level runes.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2008-10-07, 12:03 PM in reply to Kazilla's post "# of classes."
Kazilla said: [Goto]
Diablo 3 FAQ's state there will be 5 total classes.

Will players be able to choose the gender of their character, regardless of class?

Yes. Players will be able to create male and female characters for all five classes.

I've heard that the only class they are bringing back from previous titles is the barbarian, everything else will be new.
Just so you know, the "5 classes" isn't set in stone. They said so in a developer panel.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-10-07, 04:23 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Yes, but you encounter a variety of..."
Maybe so, but it takes a while to even get 3 of one rune unless you endlessly rush ppl for forge or run countess.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin