Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Mantralord's Tropical Storm/Hurricane update thread!
Posted 2005-08-25, 05:27 AM
UPDATE: Storm is within local radar range, you can see my ass slowly get pummeled in detail here: http://www.weather.com/maps/news/atl...dar_large.html

Ahoy there mateys! ARRR! There seems to be some rough weather ahead! I am Captain Mantralord of this here thread (ARRR!), and I will safely guide you through one of nature's most devastating forces! Scrub the deck and batten down the hatches, you scurvy swine! Let's take this party downstairs!

Update 1 - 7:25 AM - Conditions outside are pretty calm with some mild rain. The tropical storm is like 2 miles off the coast but I still have to go to college, go figure. Well, there's not much going on outside yet so hopefully the next update will be more exciting and life threatening to me!

Update 2 - 7:30 AM - Ooh, a hurricane warning has been declared, so there's no college today or tomorrow for me! Stay tuned for active coverage all day long with your Captain, Mantralord!

Update 3 - 2:29 PM - Now this is more like it! Things are really starting to heat up outside. Winds are now at around 20 mph sustained and trees are starting to bustle. The sky has turned an eerie dark gray and what I'm experiencing now is only a taste of what's to come! Captain Mantralord has sailed many a stormy seas and I can speak from experience! I doubt the power will go out from this storm, but it's possible. If it doesn't I'll keep providing updates for every single insignificant event!

Update 4 - 4:51 PM - The tropical storm is just now making landfall...it's still only like 30 mph winds outside but it'll get worse as the storm passes by.

Next Update - lalalalala

Last edited by mantralord; 2005-08-25 at 02:51 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2005-08-25, 08:16 AM in reply to Mantralord's post "Mantralord's Tropical Storm/Hurricane..."
what college do u go to?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2005-08-25, 12:35 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "what college do u go to?"
gruesomeBODY said:
what college do u go to?
Local community college, university in next 2 years...I had the option of going straight to university, and I definetly should have taken it. Only reason I didn't is because it would be double the gas money to go there. I hate community college teachers, they're way too happy and high-schoolish. I need stern, cold, uncaring, organized university teachers. My english teacher in high school was like this, and I passed with a A+. First time I've ever gotten an A in a major subject in high school. God bless him.

Oh, and NEW UPDATE!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2005-08-26, 04:09 AM in reply to Mantralord's post "Mantralord's Tropical Storm/Hurricane..."
Interesting stuff.

Is this some kind of annual thing? I remember when I first registered that you were in the middle of one of these threads.

Has this Hurricane/storm got a name?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-08-26, 10:48 AM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "Local community college, university in..."
mantralord said:
Local community college, university in next 2 years...I had the option of going straight to university, and I definetly should have taken it. Only reason I didn't is because it would be double the gas money to go there. I hate community college teachers, they're way too happy and high-schoolish. I need stern, cold, uncaring, organized university teachers that can bend me over and give it to me with out so much as a second thought towards my feelings.
Oh, and NEW UPDATE!
And how!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-08-26, 11:38 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Interesting stuff. Is this some kind..."
Lenny said:
Interesting stuff.

Is this some kind of annual thing? I remember when I first registered that you were in the middle of one of these threads.

Has this Hurricane/storm got a name?

It's like.. I dunno...

Storm Name: Katrina

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2005-08-26, 01:13 PM in reply to Mantralord's post "Mantralord's Tropical Storm/Hurricane..."
I like looking at my own posts.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2005-08-26, 01:50 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "I like looking at my own posts."
Well, he hurricane is over...it moved south at the last moment. Nothing exciting here.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mantralord

Posted 2005-08-26, 02:13 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "I like looking at my own posts."
Mmmmmmm.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav