Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > News and Events

Chile Rattled By 8.8 Quake
Posted 2010-02-28, 12:53 AM
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

I'm sure you've all seen it, but I figured I'd post it anyways.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2010-03-01, 08:34 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post "Chile Rattled By 8.8 Quake"
Yeah seen about this when I was in the gym sunday. The death total is now over 700, sad. I suppose it could've been a lot worse and a tsunami luckily wasn't triggered, atleast to the magnitude that could have happened.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-03-01, 05:48 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yeah seen about this when I was in the..."
Third world countries are like emo kids. They hurt themself for attention, and then the other countries go out of their way to help them get better.

Really though, when did this happen? I didn't hear anything about this until now...
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2010-03-01, 06:01 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Third world countries are like emo..."
Happened what saturday or sunday? It was one of the strongest earthquakes ever recorded. Chile has the distinction of having the strongest earthquake ever recorded too. I think the second largest was in Alaska. Apparently this is a cluster of strong earthquakes, starting with the Haiti earthquake. It is likely there will be more along the plate.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2010-03-01, 10:22 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Happened what saturday or sunday? It..."
So Haiti was just the beginning, then? Looks like Earth has a tummy ache.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2010-03-02, 09:00 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Happened what saturday or sunday? It..."
Yellowstone is going to pop.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-03-02, 09:19 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yellowstone is going to pop."
Yea Yellowstone blowing up would put an end to the U.S. as we know it for sure. It would be good to be in latin america or somewhere warm in such an instance ;P.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2010-03-02, 09:35 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yellowstone is going to pop."
Yellowstone? Yellowstone... park?
How would that end America? I'm gonna have to look some of this up, I'm interested, now...
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2010-03-03, 01:40 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Yellowstone? Yellowstone... park? How..."
It's a caldera volcano. Supervolcano. We are all going to die

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-03-04, 04:05 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "It's a caldera volcano. Supervolcano...."
Chile's been going through much lately.

The head of the marines made the mistake of telling the Chilean population
that there would be no tsunami after the quake, only to be mistaken and adding more to the death toll.
The military has also had to deal with the many looters of grocery stores and such. But who could blame them? The previous Chilean president (just handed over the presidency to Sebastián Piñera) didn't ask any foreign country for assistance, when extra help wouldn't have hurt at all in getting food and aid to the masses.

Fortunately, since Chile is next to the Ring of Fire (earthquake prone tectonic plates), it has had a history of earthquakes. So houses have been made and prepared to last damages such as the ones caused by the 8.8
I have a string of relatives in Chile that all survived the quake safely.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2010-03-04, 04:14 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Chile's been going through much lately...."
thats good to hear

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-03-04, 09:51 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "It's a caldera volcano. Supervolcano...."
Oh.
My.
God.
The preistess was right! Surt is in America!

Really though, Super Volcano? How long do we have, again?
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2010-03-05, 10:05 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Oh. My. God. The preistess was..."
1,000,000,000 years.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-03-05, 10:54 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "1,000,000,000 years."
I hope that'll give me enough time to level up all my poke`manz...
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai