Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion

Posted 2006-01-05, 04:30 PM in reply to Great-Thanatos's post starting "Yesh, grammor ish for the lewzars."
Well.. i just thought of an idea.. not sure how it can be done.. but if we can somehow advertise zelaron as a clan hosting forum it might do us some good...
You never know howmany people might like this idea.. especially since a good forum template costs quite a few bucks these days.. im sure it couldnt hurt... but the problem is... how do we get the word out?

My sig won't show =/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
EX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

EX-Mania

Posted 2006-01-10, 02:20 PM in reply to Grav's post "We need new members? How are we going..."
1. Consolidate forums down to 4 or 5.
2. Make the forums worthwhile so that people actually benifit from using them.
a. general discussion/ interesting links/ news forum
b. creative arts forum (post your music, drawings stories, get critique)
c. a trading post for mmo's/ place to trade NDS wifi-connection codes
d. game/ tech forum
e. off-topic/ bullshit forum
3. Simplify the layout. Why the fuck isn't there a big 'reply' button on the top of each page?
4. Archive the best threads in a separate forum.

Last edited by Niko; 2006-01-10 at 02:26 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Niko is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNiko is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Niko

Posted 2006-01-10, 02:33 PM in reply to Niko's post starting "1. Consolidate forums down to 4 or 5...."
Quote:
3. Simplify the layout. Why the fuck isn't there a big 'reply' button on the top of each page?
What's the need? I don't know which skin you're using, but on the one I'm using there's a BIG REPLY BUTTON at the top of each post if you want to zip straight to advanced mode, and a QUICK REPLY button below the post for a fast reply.

It ain't rocket science.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-01-10, 03:19 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "What's the need? I don't know which..."
Lenny said:
What's the need? I don't know which skin you're using, but on the one I'm using there's a BIG REPLY BUTTON at the top of each post if you want to zip straight to advanced mode, and a QUICK REPLY button below the post for a fast reply.

It ain't rocket science.

I'm referring to the default skin. Considering everyone starts with it, I think it should be a bit more straightforward/ similar to a standard forum skin.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Niko is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNiko is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Niko

Posted 2006-01-10, 05:16 PM in reply to Niko's post starting "I'm referring to the default skin...."
Perhaps we should make the religion of Zelaronism?

We worship the swedish gods;

CHRUSER- The god of Creation.
SLAYNISH- The god of Annoyance and Greivances(sp).
D3V- The god of Racism.

anymore to add?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2006-01-10, 06:13 PM in reply to slaynish's post starting "Perhaps we should make the religion of..."
Grav - The God of Mysterious Comebacks.

I've been banned what - 14 times? And I'm a sup mod now, even!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2006-01-10, 07:24 PM in reply to slaynish's post starting "Perhaps we should make the religion of..."
I'm the god of worthless posts.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-01-11, 07:40 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I'm the god of worthless posts."
I tend to agree

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2006-01-11, 09:56 AM in reply to Niko's post starting "I'm referring to the default skin...."
I'm referring to the red version of the default skin. Exactly the same, just a different colour.

Your standard forum skin doesn't show whose post you replied to. Take something like the IPB forums or whatever, the thread is just one big mass. You can't really tell who replied to who.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-01-11, 05:51 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I'm referring to the red version of the..."
WetWired- The God of Electricity and Electronics.
Adrenachome- The God of Reefer
Lenny- The god of annoying books.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2006-01-12, 03:36 PM in reply to slaynish's post starting "WetWired- The God of Electricity and..."
I have left a legacy! Yahoo!

You know, I never posted the rewritten ten fully. I was planning on doing it on the anniversary of a year, but never got round to it.

Hmmm...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-01-13, 07:51 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting ":D I have left a legacy! Yahoo! You..."
Can I be the holy distributator of shut the fuck up juice?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
pr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenpr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

pr0xy

Posted 2006-01-16, 11:45 PM in reply to pr0xy's post starting "Can I be the holy distributator of shut..."
More gaming hacks = more people lol.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
logik is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenlogik is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

logik

Posted 2006-01-17, 10:13 AM in reply to logik's post starting "More gaming hacks = more people lol."
How about some kind of publicity stunt? Not publicly of course, but online.

Around the time the DIII demo or whatever it was was leaked, I bet the forums got a lot more activity. Zelaron was certaintly in a lot of articles, and it had the DIII whatever it was.

So yeah, a publicity stunt.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-01-31, 05:43 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "How about some kind of publicity stunt?..."
You need more people like me to keep these forums worth visiting.

Stupid fucking cuntbags.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2006-01-31, 03:45 PM in reply to Grav's post "We need new members? How are we going..."
How do we get more new members?

Easy!

Clone old members!

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2006-02-01, 12:57 AM in reply to RoboticSilence's post starting "How do we get more new members? ..."
Clone Zaggon like 20 times and we'd have convesations about carrots and pokemon in every thread.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2006-02-01, 12:48 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Clone Zaggon like 20 times and we'd..."
Clone zagggon 20 times and the world would commit suicide, every mirror would go into hiding, and we'd have 20 zagggon's.

Nuff said.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-02-03, 08:10 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Clone zagggon 20 times and the world..."
Keep the site up for more than a couple hours a day should help.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2006-02-03, 04:44 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "Keep the site up for more than a couple..."
lol ya no shit. I'm gone for a month and when I do try to log on its down. Go figure.

This isn't just a suggestion. This is a proven fact.

GUIDES! The masses like guides.
WoW players... take 10 mins, write a guide on your favorite character. Make it nice and presentable and I gaurentee within 1 week that post will have more hits than any other thread in the WoW section.

DII- Same thing. Ya its effin old, but people still search that shit all the time.

Shit you could write guides for Gunbound and Rakion and they'd get tons of hits. I've seen a few GW character suggestions around, how about some more?

Last edited by Kaneda; 2006-02-03 at 04:48 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda