Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Zelaron Fantasy Football Rules and Questions
Posted 2004-08-08, 03:37 PM
Alright, this is the thread that will explain everything that is needed to know for the very first Zelaron Fantasy Football season, except for the points system, which is still being determined. Of course, this is only for the following members, since they are the only ones participating in the league this year:

1. Titusfied
2. MightJoe
3. uncapped
4. D3V
5. Platnum
6. Thanatos

What is Fantasy Football?

Just to ensure everyone is clear, this is what Fantasy Football is all about, very quickly. Fantasy Football is when friends get together in a league and pick their own players, from any team in the NFL, to represent them.

First, there is a draft position selection. Simply enough, this is when each player in the league randomly picks what position they get to take players in the official draft.

For example, if you have the #1 pick, that means you get to pick the first player in the first round, then the last player in the second round, which for our league is pick #1 and #16. If you have the #2 pick, that means you get to pick the second player in the first round, then the second to last player in the second round, which for out league is pick #2 and #15. Then so on and so forth for each pick.

Next, there is the actual draft. After preseason is over, we all get together and make our teams. Once a player is drafted, no one else can pick that player, obviously. You want to pick players according to their point value for each week. After seeing how points are awarded, which will be in another thread, you will be able to tell that Running Backs (RBs) are the most important players on your team, which is why they are, or should be, chosen first. If is up to you to figure out the exact order you will pick players though.

Finally, once everyone's teams are made, head-to-head match-ups will be played each week. The team that has the most wins at the end of the season is the Fantasy Football League's winner. Tie breakers are decided first by point totals on the year. This means, that is there are two teams with 12-5 records for example, and Team A has 1000 points, and Team B has 1100 points, Team B is the winner of the league.

Draft Position Selection Date:

The day we pick our draft pick position is arbitrary. This can be done as soon as possible. It is just a matter of when everyone can get together at the same time to do so.

Draft Selection Date:

The NFL season officially starts September 9th, which is a Thursday this year. This means that our draft day will the Sunday prior to that date, which is September 5th, 2004. The actual time will be set up later.

Any questions you guys have, or anyone else for that matter that may still be interested in joining the league, place them here.

God, I love the NFL.

Last edited by Titusfied; 2004-08-18 at 12:41 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-08-08, 09:29 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "Zelaron Fantasy Football Rules and..."
Call me out, I better remove myself, I don't think I know enough about football. :\
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2004-08-08, 09:33 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post starting "Call me out, I better remove myself, I..."
Ugh, that is too bad. Now we are a league of 6, which isn't exactly a bad thing. It just means that each team will have more studs. Oh well. Would have liked you to join, but replacements will need to be found, possibly.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-08-08, 09:40 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Ugh, that is too bad. Now we are a..."
Well with Yahoo we have to have 6 or 8 so whichever. Also when is the draft going to happen? Because tonight I think that most of us were online so we could just do it like next sunday night. If all of us can get on that way we can look at our team.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2004-08-08, 09:53 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "Well with Yahoo we have to have 6 or 8..."
Alright, next week we will pick our draft order, but I do not want to have the draft until the preseason is over, that way we can avoid drafting anyone that gets injured during the preseason.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2004-08-09, 12:41 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Alright, next week we will pick our..."
Yeah I had picked Michael Vick last year right before the first preseason game. A few hours later I'm watching the Falcons play when vick takes off and get his leg snapped, I was bummed.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2004-08-09, 03:39 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yeah I had picked Michael Vick last..."
I signed up in the other thread. Just making sure you saw it. I'm down.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2004-08-09, 09:25 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I signed up in the other thread. Just..."
Exceleent, now we definitely need one more member to sign up, for an even amount of teams. I'll get in touch with you via PM or IM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2004-08-18, 09:21 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Exceleent, now we definitely need one..."
How many people do we have, because I only see 4 in the league.
!King_Amazon! said:

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2004-08-18, 09:29 AM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "How many people do we have, because I..."
Hmm, well as of right now, only 4 people made names and joined our league. If you have already made a name, post it here, and if you haven't IM me and I will give you instructions on how to do so. I am always online unless my computer explodes..

Titus_Owns_All

That is my league name, obviously. Uncapped, that is obvious too, but there are 2 that I can't figure out, so just for clarification sake, post your league name in this thread.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2004-08-18, 11:49 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Hmm, well as of right now, only 4..."
MightyJoe is there as Ditka, or something to that effect.
!King_Amazon! said:

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

MightyJoe

Posted 2004-08-18, 12:43 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "MightyJoe is there as Ditka, or..."
Alright, Ganga is out, so now we have an even amount of 6 members for the league which will work just fine. Everyone's team will basically be studs, and once everyone gets to the PM I sent out and makes a name in our league, we will get this started.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2004-08-18, 06:32 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Alright, Ganga is out, so now we have..."
Wtf.... link me to this league? I am really confused, man.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2004-08-18, 06:35 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Wtf.... link me to this league? I am..."
games.yahoo.com

Go to FANTASY FOOTBALL .. Sign in, Sign up.

Join Existing league / join custom league, enter in the # and pass, get it from Titus..

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V