Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Mmorpg pvp
Posted 2010-09-30, 04:45 PM
Desperately want to start doing some Pvp. I have several games at my disposal, and anything that is suggested that I don't have can be easily accessed. I want to pvp, plain and simple. I have done it in just about every game. From Guildwars, to Warhammer, and World of Warcraft to Aion.. all are pretty different.

World of Warcraft seems to be who can get the biggest crit first. The damage in WoW is getting insane, and so spikey that its scary. Trying to start pvp in wow its very annoying and tedious, but once you get the gear and ability, you are basically unstoppable.

Warhammer is what I will say the easiest to get into pvp. The game is damn near built around it. From level 1 you can queue up for scenario's and pvp your way to the level cap. The RVR Lakes are amazing, but I don't even know if people are even still playing it? Great Pvp game though.

Aion pvp is confusing, well.. technically I have no idea. You can't pvp in the game until level 25, and the grind to get there is very long. Apparently the game comes together at 25, and you get new abilities that make grinding easier. I will have to try to reach 25 before I can comment more.

Lastly, Guildwars. It has been a while since I tried to pvp in guildwars. From what I remember you basically tried to get into a random pug and hope you beat the AI's or you got in on the IWAY wave and got rank 3 which gets you an invite into a semi good group. Without rank 3 though you are pretty much helpless.

I want to pvp, I want to pvp with someone (I love to heal) What are the suggestions?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2010-09-30, 08:37 PM in reply to Kazilla's post "Mmorpg pvp"
In Aion, you can PvP from like 11. You just use the portals to the other people's side.
If you want variety in your PvP, try EvE. If you want PvP with consequences, try EvE. If you want people to cry when you kill them, try EvE. If you want to blow up player owned assets valued at thousands of real dollars, try EvE.

14 day free trial, no CC required. 21 days with a buddy invite
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2010-09-30, 09:07 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "In Aion, you can PvP from like 11. You..."
Eve scares me.. is it user friendly?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2010-09-30, 09:56 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Eve scares me.. is it user friendly?"
TBH, it's hard to get started without a corp (guild). With people who know what they're talking about to get you on the right track, it's not bad. The thing about EvE is there is so much depth, so much you can do, so much you can become that starting off is really hard without advice from people that have already been there, done that. On the plus side of that, it's a single shard universe so if you start, I can hook you up with a good corp to get you started.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2010-10-01, 12:37 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "TBH, it's hard to get started without a..."
What is the point of Eve? Is there a "end boss" like WoW? Is the game built around trade? I watched a small introduction to eve video and learned a couple of things. The game is massive! So many little buttons. I feel like im sitting in a cockpit of a blackhawk with no training and being told to fly it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2010-10-01, 06:59 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "What is the point of Eve? Is there a..."
The point of EvE is to be a sandbox game. The point is whatever you decide it is. There is high end PvE content, but it is not the goal of most. Some people do aspire to be trade barons. Some people want to be significant suppliers of the largest ships in the game. Some want to rule the universe. Some want to make everyone else miserable. Some are simply after fame, however they can get it. Some are out to do the next big con (see the recent "causality" trailer). To be a successful sandbox game, the actions of the player must hold meaning; when killing someone else has meaning, PvP changes.

As far as all the buttons go, the tutorial missions cover all the important buttons, and help screens cover the less important ones. Past that, your corp mates will be happy to assist you; they've all been in the same place as you, and most are willing to invest in new recruits as it eventually furthers their personal goals.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2010-10-01, 08:31 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "The point of EvE is to be a sandbox..."
I downloaded the trial tonight. Just finished the tutorial, and got my 2nd ship. The game is really different then anything I have played before. It is exciting, and dull at the same time. Im finding the little missions I have done so far to be interesting, still getting a hang of it. All I have fought so far are the few mercenary pirates floating around certain objectives. That is the dull part. I simply push 2 buttons and tell my ship to orbit, then its a ship battle to see whose cannons hit harder first. When you get attacked by multiple enemies, you can't fight for position either, you just keep doing circles until your current target dies. It may change as I get upgrades and what have you. I'm not knocking the game yet. I will give it the full two weeks, as it definitely merrits it. More to come..

You said you know a Corp?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2010-10-01, 10:32 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "I downloaded the trial tonight. Just..."
Well, depending on the situation, simply orbiting may not make the most sense. Against NPCs, whether you succeed or fail is largely determined by your strategy fitting your ship, though dealing with aggro and more threatening enemies is neccessary. Higher level missions require advanced tactics, and often teamwork. I'll send you a PM with info about the corp.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2010-10-01, 10:37 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Well, depending on the situation,..."
Sounds good, at a party now but, I will be on sometime this night or early early morning. Account name is
Edit: 
removed account name
, and my characters name is tanthrix. I'm not sure what you need to PM. I like the idea of being a pirate, can you elaborate on their role? From what I understand they basically intercept cargo ships in transition from docking bay to docking bay and ambush and loot their spoils.

Last edited by WetWired; 2010-10-01 at 10:49 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2010-10-01, 10:48 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Sounds good, at a party now but, I will..."
There are several tactics to pirating, all of them do involve destroying (or ransoming) a ship before it reaches its destination. It's important to note that if you engage a player in highsec, Concord will show up and WTFPWN you -- one tactic takes this into account.
Gatecamp -- wait in lowsec or nullsec on a gate for something to come through. Gates between highsec and lowsec and between lowsec and nullsec are popular. Note that if you're in a small ship and in lowsec, gate guns will shoot at you.
Suicide gank -- scan ships that pass by. If the value of the cargo far exceeds the value of your ship and you can destroy it in seconds, kill it. Pay for your ship from the earnings. A partner to scoop up the loot is a must.
Wardec -- find a corporation that's all helpless industrials, declare war on them, pick off their ships when they get bored and undock (you can shoot a ship you're at war with without Concord response)

All of these tactics require or work best with friends...

CRTM doesn't pirate, but they do often have PvP opportunities and they aren't afraid to PvP.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2010-10-02, 03:12 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "There are several tactics to pirating,..."
Sounds cool.. What kind of player are you?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2010-10-02, 08:34 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Sounds cool.. What kind of player are..."
My focus right now is mining and logistics. This works out well with my situation since I can semi-AFK mine while I study.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2010-10-20, 06:38 AM in reply to Kazilla's post "Mmorpg pvp"
You could alaways turn to runescape i mean they didnt destroy that game or anything
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Focused_Jesus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenFocused_Jesus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Focused_Jesus

Posted 2010-10-20, 11:09 AM in reply to Focused_Jesus's post starting "You could alaways turn to runescape i..."
Runescape was always the game that everyone turns to when there's really nothing left to play.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chrystalia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzChrystalia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Chrystalia

Posted 2010-10-20, 11:14 AM in reply to Chrystalia's post starting "Runescape was always the game that..."
thats because you can play it for free and still pvp, but then they changed that drastically and now the only way to make that game fun is to pay for membership, and even then its more addicting than fun
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Focused_Jesus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenFocused_Jesus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Focused_Jesus

Posted 2010-10-20, 11:19 AM in reply to Focused_Jesus's post starting "thats because you can play it for free..."
Yeah, I'm waiting for the Runescape 3 update to be implimented before I actually start playing again. Runescape 2 is a dead project, though people still obviously play it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chrystalia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzChrystalia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Chrystalia

Posted 2010-10-20, 11:32 AM in reply to Chrystalia's post starting "Yeah, I'm waiting for the Runescape 3..."
yeah the big thing everyone hated was the graphics but then jagex fixed that and people had to come up with new reasons to hate which none really came up so a lot of people got back into it, i used to play but my acc got hacked and i put to much time into it to just start over
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Focused_Jesus

Posted 2010-10-20, 12:39 PM in reply to Focused_Jesus's post starting "yeah the big thing everyone hated was..."
Focused_Jesus said: [Goto]
i used to play but my acc got hacked and i put to much time into it to just start over
Doesn't this kind of imply that you didn't have fun playing the game, though? I mean, if the game is fun, it should be fun regardless of your progress through the game. If having to "start over" suddenly makes the game no fun, it probably wasn't fun to begin with, IMO.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-10-20, 02:48 PM in reply to Kazilla's post "Mmorpg pvp"
Desperately want to start doing some PCP. I have several drugs at my disposal, and anything that is suggested that I don't have can be easily accessed. I want PCP, plain and simple. I have done it in just about every state. From Tennessee, to California, and New Mexico to Maine... all are pretty different.

Gang warfare seems to be who can get the biggest hit first. The damage in gangbanging is getting insane, and so spikey that its scary. Trying to start PCP in a fight is very annoying and tedious, but once you get the high and the rush, you are basically unstoppable.

Middle school is what I will say the easiest to get into PCP. The school system is damn near built around it. From sixth grade you can queue up for after school activities and PCP your way to the lethal dose. The mental rush is amazing, but I don't even know if people are even still taking it? Great PCP time though.

Canadian PCP is confusing, well.. technically I have no idea. You can't get PCP in Canada until age 25, and the grind to get there is very long. Apparently the high comes together at 25, and you get new abilities that make tripping easier. I will have to try to reach 25 before I can comment more.

Lastly, your mother. It has been a while since I tried PCP with your mother. From what I remember you basically tried to get into a random hole and hope you beat the other guys in or you got in on the wave and got rank 3 which gets you an invite into a semi good gangbang group. Without rank 3 though you are pretty much helpless.

I want to take PCP, I want to take PCP with someone (I love to hurt) What are the suggestions?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2010-10-20, 03:23 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Desperately want to start doing some..."
I'm confused.

EDIT: Oh I get it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!