Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Tea Party strikes again
Posted 2011-01-10, 09:20 AM
What happened?

# Saturday, 9:58 a.m. local time: U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords' Twitter account is updated with a post reading: "My 1st Congress on Your Corner starts now. Please stop by to let me know what is on your mind or tweet me later."

# 10:10 a.m.: Police respond to several 911 calls about a gunman, armed with a handgun, shooting indiscriminately at people outside a Safeway grocery store. Mark Kimble, a communications staffer for Giffords, described the scene as "just complete chaos, people screaming, crying."Moments later, two people put themselves in harm's way and tackle the armed suspect, while a third person intervenes as the gunman attempts to reload his firearm. Their heroism likely prevents further casualties. Police take the suspect into custody without further incident.

# 10:15 a.m.: Several paramedic units are assigned to the shooting spree but are told to stage in the area until the gunman is arrested and the scene is secured by police. The units are given the OK to proceed to the scene minutes later and begin to treat and transport the survivors to hospital.

# Five people – identified as Dorothy Morris, 76, U.S. District Judge John Roll, 63, Phyllis Schneck, 79, Dorwin Stoddard, 76, and Giffords aide Gabriel Zimmerman, 30 – were pronounced dead at the scene. Nine-year-old Christina-Taylor Greene died in hospital. Reports soon identify Giffords, 40, as one of the critically injured, although one erroneous report identifies her as one of the dead.

# 11 a.m.: Giffords, who was shot in the head, is rushed to Tucson's University Medical Center, where she was responsive to voice commands upon arrival. Within 38 minutes, doctors begin emergency surgery to bring her breathing under control and remove pressure on her brain.

# 2 p.m.: Statements and tributes begin to pour in, including a message from U.S. President Barack Obama, who called the attack "a tragedy for our entire country." Later that afternoon, police execute a search warrant at the home of Jared Loughner, the suspected gunman, and allegedly find an envelope containing notes about an assassination plot. The evening hours are marked by several vigils and prayers for the victims.

# Sunday, 12:45 p.m.: University Medical Center reports that Giffords remains in critical condition after surgery and is still on a ventilator to breathe. In an optimistic update, doctors tell reporters she is responding to simple commands to squeeze a hand or show two fingers. Later in the day, several federal charges are laid against Loughner, who police believe acted alone. Additional charges are possible.

# Monday, 11 a.m. eastern standard time: A national moment of silence to honour the victims is scheduled.

Who was shot?
Congresswoman Gabrielle Gifford of Arizona, who just had just been sworn in over Tea Party candidate.

There were several others, but they weren't specifically targeted, apparently.

Who was the shooter?
22 year old Jared Lee Loughner

Some Zelarites may confuse him with Lenny, but no.

Here is his YouTube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/Classitu.../1/nHoaZaLbqB4

and some videos into his mindset.

BORKED
BORKED
BORKED

and his only favorited video. His biography is written in past-tense, given he planned ahead of time what he was going to do, and set this up on purpose for people to observe.

BORKED

What do we make of all of this? You be the judge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Era

Let us not forget. Sarah Palin's website, with the notorious 'crosshairs' on them were directly on Garbrielle Giffords district. Disturbing to think about, considering this has happened, and they have now removed the target off of the website. Did they remove it for a job well done? You decide.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2011-01-10, 08:12 PM in reply to D3V's post "Tea Party strikes again"
Someone on a IRC channel I'm on was all "OH, I bet they blame the Tea Party for this!"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2011-01-11, 08:40 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Someone on a IRC channel I'm on was all..."
Haha, I don't literally think the 'Tea Party' is responsible for this, just sensationalizing what has happened. In other news, this shouldn't come as a shocker, the Westboro Baptist Church plans to picket the funeral of the 9-year old girl that was killed during the 'assassination attempt'.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...ctims-funerals

Quote:
Outraged at the news that members of the tiny Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kan., will try to get attention for their anti-abortion views by protesting outside the funerals of 9-year-old Christina Taylor Green and the five others killed in Saturday's Arizona shooting rampage, people in Tucson and local lawmakers there are organizing to counter any such actions.

CNN reports that there are plans for an "angel action." Volunteers will wear "8- by 10-foot 'angel wings' ... to shield mourners from pickets." The funerals begin Thursday.

Local news station ABC-15 adds that "Arizona Lawmakers are hoping some quick action Tuesday will [also] protect mourners from protesters." Arizona State Representative Kyrsten Sinema has drafted legislation that would require any protesters to stay at least 300 feet away.

There are several Facebook pages up and running, including "Fight the Westboro Baptist Church in Tucson with Love," where you can join others who object to Westboro Baptist's plans.

Westboro Baptist, led by Fred Phelps, has been showing up in recent years at soldiers' funerals and other high-profile services to push its views — and blame the deaths on America's supposedly sin-driven society. It has even said "thank God for the shooter" in the Arizona tragedy.
I respect free speech, and rightfully so this is America, but what really can be done? Nothing besides this I would suppose. Gotta help recruit the hatemongers somehow.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2011-01-11, 02:04 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Haha, I don't literally think the 'Tea..."
BORKED

Here's a viewpoint you can enjoy, khwiii.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V