Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Post Watch out for this scam.
Posted 2002-10-26, 11:54 PM
Well this just happened to me. I think it's new, because I've never heard of it before.

Anyway, I'm in a channel and see a sorc spamming that his clan needs members and that if you join you can borrow occy rings and stuff off the clan account. I'm like, ok, this sounds like a scam or a deal. So I go to the channel and the sorc tells me to join a game, I'm like, ok. I join and see 2 assassins also there. anyway, the sorc gets us to gather in the corner of town, and tells one of the assassins to go outside town on the other side of the fence thing. So me, the sorc, and another assassin are standing in the corner of town, with the assassin outside town standing right by us on the other side of the fence. The sorc tells the assassin to drop her stuff and say her name so the sorc can take a screenshot of the assassins items, level, character name, and name. The assassin drops her shit and says her name, and the sorc tells her to pick her stuff up. I'm like, ok the assassin is probably a friend of the sorc, and is trying to fool me into believing this shit. So the sorc asks who wants to go next, and I suggest that the other assassin go next. So the assassin goes out, drops her shit, says her name, and picks her stuff up. I'm like, ok, I'll just go out and see if I can spot the scam. So I go outside, across the fence from the assassins and sorc, and notice that the assassins are both using burst of speed. "Knowing" that I had figured out the scam, I tell the sorc to make the assassins stand on the other side of town. They go on the other side of town, and I say, ok, the scams dead now, I'll give the sorc a laugh. Now, I know this is stupid, but I dropped my shit and said my name. Everyone hostiles me, and I instantly die. I'm like, fuck, there goes my shit. Oh well, anyway, it ends up that the assassins had placed traps in the spot they were standing before, and I would have caught this if I didn't "know" the whole scam was the burst of speed. I had been distracted by the burst of speed, and hadn't caught the traps idea. Anyway, I just hope this keeps other people from getting scammed. Please dont tell me I was stupid for dropping my items, I know I was. If anyone could spare me some equipment, I'd be greatful..I got jewed..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!