Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Rain - Fast or slow?
Posted 2008-04-28, 01:33 PM
Topic: Will you get hit by more rain drops if you are running or walking?

/discuss
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-04-28, 01:36 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post "Rain - Fast or slow?"
Running.

If you are walking you cover a less area that the drops could be in, say there are 20 drops inside of a 6ft by 3ft rectangle while you are walking it only multiplies so fast, now if you are running you have a chance to break through new barriers and get hit by more drops.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-04-28, 02:45 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post "Rain - Fast or slow?"
Ever drove in the rain? Notice how it seems like it's raining harder when you're moving rather than stationary?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-04-28, 04:02 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Ever drove in the rain? Notice how it..."
But if there's wind to rain, and you're in a large storm, there isn't much difference if you stay still, walk, or run, except that if you run you'll get hit by more of the rain.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-04-28, 04:41 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "But if there's wind to rain, and you're..."
Walking.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-04-28, 04:58 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Walking."
Walking, but I got this from watching Myth Busters.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-04-28, 05:00 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Walking, but I got this from watching..."
Rhode Island. Neither a road or an island.

/discuss
When my time comes, I want to be burried face down. That way, anyone that doesn't like me, can kiss my ass!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
talentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

talentedhamster

Posted 2008-04-28, 05:03 PM in reply to talentedhamster's post starting "Rhode Island. Neither a road or an..."
Rhode is a Greek Deity?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-04-28, 05:40 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Rhode is a Greek Deity?"
The Deity of Miniscule Armpit States?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2008-04-28, 05:51 PM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "The Deity of Miniscule Armpit States?"
http://kwc.org/mythbusters/2003/09/mythbusters.html

"Over a hundred yard course, it is better to walk in the rain than run in the rain, if your goal is to not get wet. The difference isn't huge, but over eight trials the running person got wetter."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-04-28, 06:27 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "http://kwc.org/mythbusters/2003/09/mythb..."
Mythbusters redid the experiment and found that it's better to run in the rain.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-04-29, 03:52 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Mythbusters redid the experiment and..."
but its better to run in the rain, on a slick surface, with a knife in your hand, and a noose around your neck...and it attached to a tree...

but only if your black of course
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
micdawg12 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenmicdawg12 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

micdawg12

Posted 2008-04-29, 04:32 AM in reply to micdawg12's post starting "but its better to run in the rain, on a..."
What the fuck are you on? x_X.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-04-29, 06:19 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "What the fuck are you on? x_X."
I got a better idea.

Get an umbrella. If you're out in the rain and worried about the degree of wetness you are going to obtain it's going to be miniscule when compared to having an umbrella, or not being out in the rain at all.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-04-29, 07:07 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "I got a better idea. Get an..."
stand under my umbrella ella ella eh eh eh
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-04-29, 08:14 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "stand under my umbrella ella ella eh eh..."
She says umberella.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-04-29, 01:36 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "She says umberella."
Foreign wench. I'd bang her twice, then throw her out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-04-29, 04:45 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Foreign wench. I'd bang her twice, then..."
id just like hit her with a baseball bat. i HATE that song. and everyday at camp last year BLI was on for 8 hours. That song came on at least 3 times a day. no joke.
When my time comes, I want to be burried face down. That way, anyone that doesn't like me, can kiss my ass!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
talentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

talentedhamster

Posted 2008-04-29, 05:12 PM in reply to talentedhamster's post starting "id just like hit her with a baseball..."
Sometimes I have herd a song played, then another, then the first again. It is absurd. No one wants to listen to a song that many times.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-05-01, 04:09 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "What the fuck are you on? x_X."
im on something, not sure yet...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
micdawg12 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenmicdawg12 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

micdawg12