Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III

Posted 2008-04-30, 11:28 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Lame..."
hmm... chat box doesn't seem to be working for me. In both IE and Firefox.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-05-01, 07:35 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "hmm... chat box doesn't seem to be..."
Well, here is the official statement by the website

Quote:
Ahoy there, fellow Diablo fans!

Well, there's no point in beating around the bush any longer, so let's get right down to it. A few months ago we were contacted by Blizzard in regards to the Diablo3.com domain name. While they appreciate all the work that's been put into running this big Diablo fan community over the years, they still want the domain name. Hmm, I wonder why? Now before you get all up in arms about it, allow me to explain a few things.

First off, this fan site isn't going anywhere, it's just getting a new name: Diablofans.com! Blizzard is actually being really cool about it, giving us all the time we need to make it a smooth transition before we hand the old domain over to them. So be sure to update all of your bookmarks and point 'em to diablofans.com instead. Your user accounts will all still be perfectly functional and, along with this new site name, we'll soon have a big site redesign up and running as well. A new name, a new look. Huzzah!

Secondly, while Blizzard is indeed acquiring the diablo3.com domain name, they told me that this shouldn't be considered an announcement for the Diablo 3 game we've been waiting for all these years. They acquire new domains all the time. While this is true, I personally can't help but think that this is a confirmation of sorts that they're working on the next Diablo game. Sure, they can claim it's because they want to protect their intellectual properties 'n what have you, but I can't imagine they would all of a sudden be so interested in the diablo3.com domain if they weren't working on a new Diablo 3 game behind the scenes.

On a final note, I want to thank all of you guys who've made this community so strong over the years. It's only going to get better around here and I hope you'll all stick with us. One of the nice things about this whole name-change ordeal is that Blizzard really appreciates the fact that we're a dedicated fan site and we'll be working with them much more closely in the future to bring you the latest Diablo game news.

It's funny, I've had so many offers over the years from people who wanted to pay a lot o' cash for the diablo3.com domain name and I wasn't even willing to consider then. I set out to have a great Diablo fan site because I simply loved the Diablo series. Fortunately, with the help of some great people on the staff and fans like you, we accomplished just that. But when Blizzard came around asking for the domain, I was excited about it both as a Diablo fan and for their recognition of all the work we've put into the site. Fortunately for us, the diablofans.com domain name was available and it fit perfectly in line with the intentions of this site, so I registered it and here we are. Diablo3.com will still be active for a few more months so everybody can have a chance to get used to the new Diablofans.com domain. After that, it will simply point to the Blizzard.com homepage... at least until they're ready to use it for something more worthwhile. One of the nice things about the new diablofans.com domain is that it's all-encompassing. Instead of the site just being for people waiting on Diablo 3, it can serve as the main hub for *all* current and future Diablo games. Isn't it nice to know you'll always have a place online you can call home? Hey, even Diablo's demon minions need a place to hang their hats too.

Alright, that's all the news for now. I'm sure all of this news is gonna get the Diablo 3 rumor mill running like a mad banshee... so have fun discussing the announcement with your fellow Diablo fans!
Odd, it's now www.diablofans.com .. Well, basically we're still where we started just a very tiny small step closer towards Diablo 3, atleast with the acquisition of the domain name, there can be a bit more skepticism.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-05-01, 07:38 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Well, here is the official statement by..."
http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45588

They announced it last night.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-05-01, 07:41 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?..."
It was a bit overhyped, but they also mentioned if you hadn't noticed in June that Blizzard will be taking over. And that would leave it one month short of that WWI..

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-05-01, 07:48 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "It was a bit overhyped, but they also..."
Yep, WWI is June 28th/29th. I'm pretty excited myself.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-05-01, 07:55 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Yep, WWI is June 28th/29th. I'm pretty..."
Same here, same here. I don't know why because I clearly read that this would not be a Diablo 3 announcement, and that they weren't doing etc etc etc. I guess I should've seen this coming, however, I feel it nice that Blizzard went ahead and swiped up that domain name, as it is the most prominent one that they would possibly need, and in fact use for the offical game site (diablo2.com/starcraft.com ..etc). I guess we are just going to have to wait longer and see, once again. June isn't too far from now and Blizzard could easily throw some sort of teaser site up then, or not. If they had some good marketing they could have that website up at the begenning of June, create a huge amount of hype by the Worldwide invitational and have plenty of basically free traffic coming onto their sites.

The possibilities are endless, I guess we just wait and see, once again.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-05-01, 06:28 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Same here, same here. I don't know why..."
There's no way they would have a Diablo 3 teaser site up before the WWI. I would expect it to come up right after they announce it at the WWI. I don't think they'll even really hint at it much at the WWI. All they will say is that they have a big announcement.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-05-01, 07:24 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "There's no way they would have a Diablo..."
Meh >.>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-05-01, 07:54 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Lame..."
What is WWI??
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>

Last edited by Asamin; 2008-05-01 at 07:59 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-05-02, 07:07 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "What is WWI??"
World wide invitational, I think it's based in France. A huge Gaming convention, thing. It's like E3 and Blizzcon.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-05-02, 12:19 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "World wide invitational, I think it's..."
NO...

It's World War One!

der.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-Spector-

Posted 2008-05-02, 09:20 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "NO... It's World War One! der."
-Spector- said:
NO...

It's World War One!

der.
I meant besides this.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-05-02, 10:03 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "I meant besides this."
Lollerskates at Asamin!

I hope that Diablo 3 at least comes out before I graduate college in 2011.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-05-02, 10:10 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Lollerskates at Asamin! I hope that..."
Hoax. Links to Blizzard talking about this? Otherwise I'll be saying told you so. Maybe they will annouce it at WWI but this is just a great forum move. Blizzard is the only official site, they don't need Diablo2.com or starcraft.com.
fail.

Last edited by Kaneda; 2008-05-02 at 10:13 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2008-05-03, 02:16 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Hoax. Links to Blizzard talking about..."
Do they even have those domains?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2008-05-04, 12:49 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Do they even have those domains?"
i can confidently say i think thats bogus. as kaneda said why would they use any domains other than blizzard.com/battle.net for their games when they dont have to.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
PureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

PureRebel

Posted 2008-05-04, 02:27 AM in reply to PureRebel's post starting "i can confidently say i think thats..."
They use Starcraft2.com and worldofwarcraft.com. They seem to be headed in the direction of having specific domains for each of their games.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-05-04, 09:55 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "They use Starcraft2.com and..."
I would imagine it's easier for them to operate solely with each individual game. As you've got to figure Worldofwarcraft.com probably gets a shit load of traffic, and if you were to combine it with diablo2, and starcraft as well as whatever other crap Blizzard floats around you'd have a server cluster fuck and plenty of downtime. If they individualize each game to meet the certain needs and bandwidth usage they don't have to worry about a clusterfuck, that's why.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-05-04, 11:39 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "I would imagine it's easier for them to..."
D3V said:
I would imagine it's easier for them to operate solely with each individual game. As you've got to figure Worldofwarcraft.com probably gets a shit load of traffic, and if you were to combine it with diablo2, and starcraft as well as whatever other crap Blizzard floats around you'd have a server cluster fuck and plenty of downtime. If they individualize each game to meet the certain needs and bandwidth usage they don't have to worry about a clusterfuck, that's why.
Agreed. As it is World of Warcraft is often times laggy if not inoperable when there is any sort of server shut down. It's obvious they could do them all from the same site but it'd be more tedious for the consumer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-05-04, 01:01 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Agreed. As it is World of Warcraft is..."
Hmm I suppose. I just figured since they didn't do diablo2.com and starcraft.com. Although those (aside from warcraft 1/2) really kinda "started" Blizzards new era.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda