Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Nooby in 3D art, a LW qustion
Posted 2003-02-11, 05:38 PM
LoL, how do I create a new layer in LW 7.0? I looked and looked all over this proggy. It is most likely in my face but I cant see it lol.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2003-02-12, 03:49 AM in reply to Acer's post "Nooby in 3D art, a LW qustion"
*Nevermind , saw wrong prog*

Last edited by Mr.Lee; 2003-02-12 at 09:33 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mr.Lee

Posted 2003-02-12, 07:12 AM in reply to Acer's post "Nooby in 3D art, a LW qustion"
Acer said:
LoL, how do I create a new layer in LW 7.0? I looked and looked all over this proggy. It is most likely in my face but I cant see it lol.
using the modeler, look at the top right corner, you will see boxes split in half going vertically(i think), click on them to make new layers...

i think this is how it is done, but chruser should come along, chruser is the master in LW
.....Broke the rubba, busted another all up in ya motha, so how u feel like havin another baby brotha? Wha? dont studda, ya pants hangin so low ya new baby brotha can be ya new lova!......
My Personal Website!
www.dimensionforums.com
ÖWÑëÐ
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"

Posted 2003-02-12, 01:32 PM in reply to Acer's post "Nooby in 3D art, a LW qustion"
Yeah I see lots of boxes that are divided by a line going from the bottom left to the top right. I will mess with it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2003-02-12, 07:15 PM in reply to Acer's post "Nooby in 3D art, a LW qustion"
yah clik the next one and so on.. then you shall make a new layer. i think...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
vec is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenvec is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

vec

Posted 2003-02-13, 08:09 PM in reply to Acer's post "Nooby in 3D art, a LW qustion"
I wonder if Zelaron is not home, he hasnt answered my IM so I can get this question settled :P. I havent seen him post lately too. Odd
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2003-02-15, 03:36 AM in reply to Acer's post "Nooby in 3D art, a LW qustion"
Well, I'm here, and I believe I gave you a detailed answer in an IM. Oh yes, maybe I should set up a place for basic questions.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2003-02-15, 04:05 PM in reply to Acer's post "Nooby in 3D art, a LW qustion"
Yeah, and thanks... it was helped me a lot. Im able to actually do stuff now
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2003-02-16, 11:15 PM in reply to Acer's post "Nooby in 3D art, a LW qustion"
You can't make new layers... there are only a certain ammount of layers you're given and you can only work with those layers
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2003-02-17, 01:21 AM in reply to Acer's post "Nooby in 3D art, a LW qustion"
i am way out of my league
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2003-02-18, 02:39 PM in reply to Acer's post "Nooby in 3D art, a LW qustion"
Randuin, I assume you think infinity is a "certain number", then?
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2003-02-18, 03:58 PM in reply to Acer's post "Nooby in 3D art, a LW qustion"
I am sorry to get alittle off-topic, but badboy you have gotten off-topic on most of my threads, please dont post things like that, thanks...

I found out how to work with layers thanks to Chruser.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2003-02-18, 04:28 PM in reply to Acer's post "Nooby in 3D art, a LW qustion"
chruser... yes it is in fact a certain number
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-02-18, 04:39 PM in reply to Acer's post "Nooby in 3D art, a LW qustion"
I certain undefined number... so there isnt a limit to layers? you just keep hitting over?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2003-02-18, 05:34 PM in reply to Acer's post "Nooby in 3D art, a LW qustion"
i dunno i suck with LW... better with maya houdini and 3dsmax
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-02-18, 05:50 PM in reply to Acer's post "Nooby in 3D art, a LW qustion"
Once i format i will try out those other progs and see what is up.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2003-02-18, 06:39 PM in reply to Acer's post "Nooby in 3D art, a LW qustion"
you should because then you'll see how much lightwave sux
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-02-19, 11:20 AM in reply to Acer's post "Nooby in 3D art, a LW qustion"
LoL, I dont even know lightwave enough to know that is is/isn't. I am such a noob at this.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2003-02-19, 04:22 PM in reply to Acer's post "Nooby in 3D art, a LW qustion"
trust me... it sux just try maya and you'll be like... wha... why was i even using lightwave?!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-02-19, 06:02 PM in reply to Acer's post "Nooby in 3D art, a LW qustion"
I have heard that the best thing to do was to learn 3DMax, then LW, then Maya.... they said it is the best way to understand how those programs work.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer