Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

View Poll Results: Should Marijuana be legalised?
Yes - I wanna see the stoners! 11 57.89%
No - stoners killed my kitten! 3 15.79%
Undecided - meh. 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Posted 2008-12-04, 03:13 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Obama two terms = Legalization."
D3V said: [Goto]
Obama two terms = Legalization.
Doubt it.

At best, national decriminalization.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-12-04, 04:00 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Doubt it. At best, national..."
Er, yes that's what I meant. Legalization probably will never actually happen, but Decriminalization may be sooner than we think.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-12-28, 03:45 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Er, yes that's what I meant...."
Weed in DC?

http://www.mpp.org/states/district-o...closer-to.html

As well as.

Two Washington State Lawmakers Offer Pot Legalization Bill

http://www.mpp.org/states/washington...ton-state.html

Quote:
A pair of legislators in the state of Washington have submitted a marijuana legalization bill much like the one introduced by Assemblyman Tom Ammiano, D- San Francisco, back in February.

The bill was introduced by state Rep. Mary Lou Dickerson, with Rep. Roger Goodman as the principal coauthor. The two Democrats represent Seattle-area districts. Four other legislators have also signed onto the bill. Goodman was scheduled to join Ammiano on a conference call with reporters Thursday morning.

While there have been numerous bills to decriminalize marijuana, advocates say these bills represent the first two times a full legalization bill has introduced in a state legislature. Ammiano’s bill, which would not only remove criminal penalties but set up a regulatory and tax structure for pot sales, was the first such bill to get a full committee hearing, according to Stephen Gullwig, California state director with the drug policy alliance.

“This is virgin territory,” Gullwig said.

Goodman has long advocated changes in drug policy, and became something of a hero to legalization advocates during his first election campaign in 2006. His Republican opponent, Jeffery Possinger, used attack ads and mailers in an attempt to label Goodman as soft on drugs. This included the charge that Goodman wanted to be the state’s “director of drug dealing.” But after these ads hit, Goodman’s numbers went up, and he ultimately became the first Democrat to win the suburban district since the 1960s.

The Seattle House was already set to debate a decriminalization bill. But Goodman said his bill is “very different, and much more important.”

“Decriminalization is a step in the right direction,” Goodman said. “We’re still punishing people, but were punishing them less. But meanwhile the illegal market thrives.”

Like the Ammiano bill, the Washington bill will be introduced lacking some necessary specifics until it’s amended. For instance, Goodman said he wants to introduce a clause that would forbid marijuana being sold in any outlet that also sells alcohol. The bill is currently written to bar advertising, and tax proceeds would go to fund drug treatment, rather than being put into the general fund. Goodman said he’s also looking for ways to craft the bill to make it compatible with federal policies, though this probably won’t be possible.

The Ammiano bill has been widely written about, but was also widely viewed as dead-on-arrival. Indeed, it has yet to move in the California Legislature's Health or Public Safety committees, the latter of which Ammiano chairs.

Goodman said he thinks his bill may have a better chance—though it will also have to survive a trip through a public safety committee, this one chaired by a law-and-order legislator who doesn’t want to let it out. He said that polls show support for marijuana legalization in Washington is in the high 50s, similar to California.

The bill is also more ambitious than the California legalization initiative sponsored by Oaksterdam University, Gullwig said. That measure was written “defensively” in order to allow it to survive an election campaign in which numerous law enforcement groups will spend big to defeat it.

Gullwig also took aim at the idea that legalized pot will solve either state’s financial woes — something most serious advocates aren’t claiming in the first place.

“Marijuana prohibition is such a colossal failure that it needs to be ended regardless of how much money could be made regulating it,” Gullwig said.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-01-13, 02:42 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Weed in DC? ..."
BORKED

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-01-13, 07:09 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "H6MBoSAqy24"
I have a feeling marijuana will be legalized within the next 5 years as a result of our failing economy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-01-14, 09:31 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I have a feeling marijuana will be..."
It's becoming more apparent.

My girlfriend has family in Colorado and she visited them a few months back, and she told me she saw about 15 different dispenseries within a week (Denver). That's amazing... I think the guinea pig states have already done great work in proving that the new system of taxation and regulation works just fine, and once the bad stigma is finally gone, making money off of it will eventually overturn the criminalization of it, it always does.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-01-14, 09:40 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "It's becoming more apparent. My..."
...I still don't get it. What's the point? I mean, eventually, it'll just get un-legal again, right? Too many people hate the idea.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2010-01-14, 10:42 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "...I still don't get it. What's the..."
Skurai said: [Goto]
...I still don't get it. What's the point? I mean, eventually, it'll just get un-legal again, right? Too many people hate the idea.
This isn't even worth replying to.

As a matter of fact, BORKED
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-01-15, 07:15 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "This isn't even worth replying to. ..."
I like how D3V voted no in this poll.

D3V said:
There's the side of people that DO NOT agree with it. Basically this side of the group has nothing to stand upon other than the fact that Marijuana honestly can be a gateway drug and kids can get hooked on much worse shit, look back in the late 60's early 70's when marijuana took off, the amount of kids on ACID skyrocketed, and it's no different today.

I PERSONALLY can't stand 'stoners'. They're arrogant to me. There are a few levels of stoners, of course. A portion of them are the ones that smoke like once/twice a day, which is alright, they may do it for stress or what-have-you, and that's really not too bad. Then you have the people that are STONERS that are lighting it up basically every chance that is presented to them. These are the people I can't stand, the people that have been smoking so much for so long that basically they're always in the "duuuuuuuuuuuude state where you can't talk to them without them becoming spacedout and on the opposite side of the world while your trying to ask them a simple fucking question.

And then there's the other side of Legalizing Marijuana which has some benefits. For one, our jail systems would clear out which would be GREAT for our economy not having to pay for the massive amount of drug users that wouldn't be incarcerated anymore. I feel as this is the best point about it, but is it worth it?

Also, taking away the illegal aspect of smoking Marijuana takes away the fun of it, hence making new kids not want to start up doing drugs. Because let's be honest, once you try pot your mind does start to wonder what effects will happen with the usual of different drugs such as acid, heroin, cocaine, etc, even different types of pot.

I personally feel that most of the people I KNOW that fall into the 'stoner' category are basically morons before the fact of them smoking pot and becoming addicted to it. No it's not very harmful to your body, actually it reduces stress in some cases, but is it worth turning into a sloth and having no control of your life while your buzz is going on, constantly, every day for no reason other than you just feel like getting "fucked up". And better yet, when is the time to grow up? Basically what i'm saying is my friends that smoke pot, are basically morons anyways, before they're high, before they ever even tried it, so basically I feel if you smoke, you are a moron.
lol
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2010-01-15, 09:30 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I like how D3V voted no in this poll. ..."
I still basically agree with what I said before, I still think most stoners are morons and my only change now is I don't feel the government should have the right to tell people what and what not to do with their bodies.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-01-15, 10:58 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "I still basically agree with what I..."
You are a stoner. Therefore, you are a moron.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2010-01-15, 01:17 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "You are a stoner. Therefore, you are a..."
I haven't smoked in 2 weeks. Therefore, you are a moron.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-01-16, 11:50 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I haven't smoked in 2 weeks. Therefore,..."
D3V said: [Goto]
I haven't smoked in 2 weeks. Therefore, you are a moron.
So wait... if Kagom doesn't have sex with another man for 2 weeks, he's not gay anymore? Well, shoot, I guess I'm not alot of things anymore!
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2010-01-17, 12:52 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "So wait... if Kagom doesn't have sex..."
I haven't eaten a banana in a month, but you don't see me braggin' about it!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2010-01-18, 10:23 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "You are a stoner. Therefore, you are a..."
Thanatos said: [Goto]
You are a stoner. Therefore, you are a moron.
That's like you boasting Bush back during the 04 elections and then spewing the hatred of his doings afterwards, right?

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-03-30, 08:08 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "That's like you boasting Bush back..."
http://www.newsweek.com/id/235480?GT1=43002

Please pass this, California!!! This is a major step in the right direction. If this passes, I'm hoping the states that already have decriminalization and medicinal laws will follow suit.

I need to get the fuck out of Indiana.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2010-03-30, 08:28 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "http://www.newsweek.com/id/235480?GT1=43..."
I'm not going anywhere.

Interstate 80, comes straight out of California (San Francisco, Sacramento).

Interstate 15, also comes out of California (San Diego) and runs straight to Ontario.

Look where they just happen to intersect. Salt Lake City, Utah. And this is why I'm happy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-03-30, 03:23 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I'm not going anywhere. ..."
This will pass, almost positively. The private sector jails are going to go out of business and this is wonderful news. Thank you California for finally getting this done. I am almost absoultely positive this will pass, and with a suprisingly high percentage (75%+). How long before other states allow the people to decide about their own rights? Who knows, but as you've said, this is a good step in the right direction.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V