Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Halo Wars
Posted 2009-01-21, 06:07 AM
I was in GameStop the other day, about to buy a new copy of Halo 3 so I could play online again with you guys, but I decided against it because I saw that Halo Wars was coming out 2/2/09! Anyone have any information on the game? Style? Is it all on Live only?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2009-01-21, 10:36 AM in reply to Titusfied's post "Halo Wars"
I think it's an RTS style game.

Here's what you do to get a new Halo 3 disc: Rent a copy from Blockbuster or any movie rental place and return your broken disc to the store and keep the good copy. That's what I did.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2009-01-21, 11:47 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I think it's an RTS style game. ..."
Ahhhhh, very smart! Good idea, I'm just going to have to do that!

What does RTS style mean?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2009-01-21, 01:51 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Ahhhhh, very smart! Good idea, I'm..."
Real Time Strategy.. like Starcraft, Warcraft III, etc etc.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2009-01-22, 06:40 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Real Time Strategy.. like Starcraft,..."
Hmm, never played those games, so I don't really know what it's like? Is it like Halo 3 on Live in the FPS perspective?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2009-01-22, 08:46 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Hmm, never played those games, so I..."
You never played Starcraft or Warcraft? How about Red Alert or Age of Empires? You basically have a "base" and you build units to send off to kill your enemy's base. It isn't an FPS in the slightest.

There is, however, a new FPS Halo game coming out as well. I can't remember the name of it, but it was in the december issue of Official Xbox Magazine (which I highly recommend you guys subscribe to.)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-01-22, 09:55 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Hmm, never played those games, so I..."
Titusfied said: [Goto]
Hmm, never played those games, so I don't really know what it's like? Is it like Halo 3 on Live in the FPS perspective?
After looking at halowars.com, no Halo Wars isn't a FPS. Like I mentioned earlier, it'll be an RTS game for the 360 where you can control armies of tanks, ghosts, banshees, etc.

KA said:
There is, however, a new FPS Halo game coming out as well. I can't remember the name of it, but it was in the december issue of Official Xbox Magazine (which I highly recommend you guys subscribe to.)
That'd be Halo 3:ODST which releases September 30th. I will definitely be getting this game.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2009-01-22, 10:23 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "After looking at halowars.com, no Halo..."
Nice, I haven't even heard of that one in September! It's keeping the Halo 3 title though? Is it a full blown new game, or just an add on to 3?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2009-01-24, 06:46 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Nice, I haven't even heard of that one..."
Halo 3:ODST is an expansion to Halo 3. It takes place on Earth between the events of Halo 2 and Halo 3. You play as an Orbital Drop Shock Trooper, essentially a special ops marine, fighting to retake New Mombasaa from the Covenant. You to NOT play as a Spartan.

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2009-01-24, 09:36 PM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "Halo 3:ODST is an expansion to Halo 3...."
Damn, I would love to do that or play with you guys but guess what just happened to me. That's right, the infamous Red Ring of Death..... $*#&$^!*@&#^@*!&#^*@! you microsoft!!!! Why me??? I was one month out of warranty too.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2009-01-25, 04:49 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Damn, I would love to do that or play..."
The original warranty? Because microsoft extended the warranty for RRoD issues because they were having so many problems. You might still be covered.

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2009-01-27, 04:23 PM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "The original warranty? Because..."
JRwakebord said: [Goto]
The original warranty? Because microsoft extended the warranty for RRoD issues because they were having so many problems. You might still be covered.
Hes covered
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2009-01-28, 11:17 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "Hes covered"
Here is a video to Halo Wars, in case you haven't seen it yet. From my understanding, it is the opening engagement between humans and Covenant, and how this whole war got started. And it is coming from Ensemble Studios, who I think is responsible for the Age of Empires franchise. And the Spartans in the video, I am assuming from the info in the book, The Fall of Reach, is the same one that you play in the other Halo games. Just in Mark IV (is that 4?) Armor. I think I am going to pick it up when it comes out.
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003