Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

help
Posted 2004-05-06, 11:33 AM
hi i am need someone tell me a good rpg game for psx beside ff series because i played them all. because i am gonna buy this afternoon when i get out of school i want to know a good rpg game that is hard and take long time to finish it thanx for help
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
osmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenosmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

osmoses-jones

Posted 2004-05-07, 05:25 AM in reply to osmoses-jones's post "help"
Some good RPG's are Dark Cloud 2 which has way too many things to do, then there is Chrono Cross, and Disgaia. I would go with Dark Cloud 2.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Omega is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenOmega is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Omega

Posted 2004-05-07, 05:40 AM in reply to Omega's post starting "Some good RPG's are Dark Cloud 2 which..."
Omega said:
Some good RPG's are Dark Cloud 2 which has way too many things to do, then there is Chrono Cross, and Disgaia. I would go with Dark Cloud 2.
He said PSX (meaning PS1), not PS2. Both Dark Cloud games and Disgaea are on PS2.

Here are a few suggestions for good PS1 RPGs besides the FF games:

Chrono Trigger (Pick up Final Fantasy Chronicles, it's a CT/FF4 two-pack)
Chrono Cross
Legend of Dragoon
Legend of Mana (don't listen to Medieval Bob, it's an awesome game)
Xenogears

If you want a long game, grab Legend of Dragoon. It's a pretty standard RPG, but it's fun and it's really lengthy.

If you're looking for something not quite as long, pick up FF Chronicles (for Chrono Trigger) or Chrono Cross. Chrono Trigger is a legendary RPG and no one should ever miss out on it. Chrono Cross is one of my favorite games of all time, and I would highly recommend it as well.

If you're looking for something really weird and pretty long, go for Legend of Mana. It's more of an adventure/RPG though. It's not at all what you might be expecting, but if you have an open mind, it's a fantastic game.

I haven't played much of Xenogears, but I like it so far. It's a Squaresoft RPG with giant robots.

Those are my recommendations.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-05-07, 11:57 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "He said PSX (meaning PS1), not PS2. ..."
Raziel said:
He said PSX (meaning PS1), not PS2. Both Dark Cloud games and Disgaea are on PS2.

Here are a few suggestions for good PS1 RPGs besides the FF games:

Chrono Trigger (Pick up Final Fantasy Chronicles, it's a CT/FF4 two-pack)
Chrono Cross
Legend of Dragoon
Legend of Mana (don't listen to Medieval Bob, it's an awesome game)
Xenogears

If you want a long game, grab Legend of Dragoon. It's a pretty standard RPG, but it's fun and it's really lengthy.

If you're looking for something not quite as long, pick up FF Chronicles (for Chrono Trigger) or Chrono Cross. Chrono Trigger is a legendary RPG and no one should ever miss out on it. Chrono Cross is one of my favorite games of all time, and I would highly recommend it as well.

If you're looking for something really weird and pretty long, go for Legend of Mana. It's more of an adventure/RPG though. It's not at all what you might be expecting, but if you have an open mind, it's a fantastic game.

I haven't played much of Xenogears, but I like it so far. It's a Squaresoft RPG with giant robots.

Those are my recommendations.
thanx raziel for info i got xenogears and vangrant story something like that i know vangrant story is good but what about xenogears is that good or not. here what i will by in next week breath of fire III , parasite eve and diablo for psx are those good to buy or u don't recommendate thanx for ur help
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
osmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenosmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

osmoses-jones

Posted 2004-05-07, 12:01 PM in reply to osmoses-jones's post starting "thanx raziel for info i got xenogears..."
i beat legend of dragoon 2 times i might go for third, i beat chrono cross like 3 times i might go for 4 times i never beat chrono trigger and legend of mana yah legend of mana is good i might get they new one for gba thanx raziel for ur ifo
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

osmoses-jones

Posted 2004-05-07, 01:39 PM in reply to osmoses-jones's post starting "i beat legend of dragoon 2 times i..."
It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzShining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Shining Knights

Posted 2004-05-07, 02:41 PM in reply to osmoses-jones's post "help"
If you can find a copy of XENOGEARS, get it. It is a lengthy game. It is excellent, graphics are a bit on the down side, but emotion and everything else makes up for it. It is highly religious like, but awsome. I was 3/4th the way through the first disk and I manage to lose my memory card after taking it over to a friends house. I tried starting ver, but then i got FFXI... I will rejoin XG this summer for sure and BEAT it.

BUY IT IF POSSIBLE. A USED COPY IS WORTH $80!! Wasn't too many copies published compared to other games, and that sucked. I got one, wont sell it. I will keep it and let my childrdn and my childrens children play it. Pas it on from genertion to generation its that good, along with many other games.

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2004-05-07, 02:52 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "If you can find a copy of XENOGEARS,..."
Check out Lunar: The Silver Star Story Complete. Best RPG in the universe, possibly.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2004-05-07, 02:56 PM in reply to uncapped's post starting "Check out Lunar: The Silver Star Story..."
Yes, that two was an excellent RPG. I loved the game.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2004-05-07, 10:02 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "Yes, that two was an excellent RPG. I..."
thanx for info i got xenogears for sheap like about 17.99 $ don't know why in here is sheap but thanx for info i will look for game that u guys post
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

osmoses-jones

Posted 2004-05-07, 11:12 PM in reply to osmoses-jones's post starting "thanx for info i got xenogears for..."
Yeah, I actually found a used copy of Xenogears last weekend in Gamestop for $18. Like I said, I've only played a small amount of it, so I can't give much of an opinion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-05-07, 11:35 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "He said PSX (meaning PS1), not PS2. ..."
How funny. I actually knew it was coming before you said not to listen to me.

By the way, Legend of Mana blows Secret of Mana's wang.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2004-05-07, 11:52 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "How funny. I actually knew it was..."
Secret of Mana is certainly the better game, I won't dispute that, but LoM is fun nonetheless.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2004-05-08, 07:43 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Secret of Mana is certainly the better..."
It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzShining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Shining Knights

Posted 2004-05-08, 12:40 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Secret of Mana is certainly the better..."
raziel what state ur live
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

osmoses-jones

Posted 2004-05-08, 01:57 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Yeah, I actually found a used copy of..."
Well, since I live in Nova Scotia, it is a lot harder to find stuff, that is why it cost so much. Only 3 copies and one was for sale, other two where for rent.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Tyrannicide

Posted 2004-05-09, 06:47 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "Well, since I live in Nova Scotia, it..."
i c i live in wisconsin i have like cheap game store around me so that is good sorry to hear that it cost so much in ur country
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

osmoses-jones

Posted 2004-05-10, 09:31 AM in reply to osmoses-jones's post starting "i c i live in wisconsin i have like..."
LOL, how much does FFXI cost in ur country I got mine with the whole pack for $85 if its anything under, then I'll believe its a cheap game store.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Omega is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenOmega is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Omega

Posted 2004-05-10, 02:15 PM in reply to Omega's post starting "LOL, how much does FFXI cost in ur..."
Well, is that for the PC version or the PS2 versio(ps2 version houl costa lot more)

In Nova Scotia, I got it for $150-ish.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Tyrannicide

Posted 2004-05-11, 06:44 AM in reply to uncapped's post starting "Check out Lunar: The Silver Star Story..."
uncapped said:
Check out Lunar: The Silver Star Story Complete. Best RPG in the universe, possibly.
Definitely a great one, but I liked Lunar 2 more.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm