Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Free running
Posted 2009-04-27, 11:38 AM
Anyone ever tried free running?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjco3boDZ7A

It's awsome =D We did it indoors on my physical education. Then we tried to run on the wall, making different jumps, walljump (running up against a wall and climb over it, jumping over objects and more. Try it ffs!
It's like Mirrors Edge but irl. You don't have to be so athletic. Just have a big imagination. So when yure goingto school early at the morning and there aint any people around you should try this shiet.
When i tried it for real for the first time (today) i did it in the forest. Running opwoards stones that's about 2 meters high, jumping from high objects and balancing on falled down trees.

The thing is that you should pretend that you are being chased by someone. And you must run where there's terrain, objects or walls/rooftops. When i do it in the forest i run for the challage. By that i mean that if there is a stone infront of me and i can run around it, i go *over* the stone.

So i really think that you should try this if you like mirrors edge, running, hate running and wan't something more fun, have a great imagination, like challanges, wan't to train both strength and condition or if you wanna have really fun. Give it a try!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Fooli enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzFooli enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Fooli

Posted 2009-04-27, 04:57 PM in reply to Fooli's post "Free running"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkour
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2009-04-27, 06:10 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkour"
[QUOTE=Wikipedia]Practitioners move not only as rapidly as they can, but also in the most direct and efficient way possible. This characteristic distinguishes it from the similar practice of freerunning, which places more emphasis on freedom of movement and creativity[QUOTE]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2009-04-27, 06:12 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "[QUOTE=Wikipedia]Practitioners move not..."
Wikipedia said:
Practitioners move not only as rapidly as they can, but also in the most direct and efficient way possible. This characteristic distinguishes it from the similar practice of freerunning, which places more emphasis on freedom of movement and creativity
Just editing, as the edit button somehow did not work...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2009-04-27, 06:23 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "[QUOTE=Wikipedia]Practitioners move not..."
It is supplemental.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2009-04-28, 04:10 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Just editing, as the edit button..."
Wikipedia said:
???
Since when does wikipedia post here??

anyway, I think I tired that before a few years ago in my old P.E.
I remember some kid actually climb up a wall in GYM class last year.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2009-04-29, 06:29 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Since when does wikipedia post here?? ..."
That's awesome, I have seen about parkour before. Never really understood the point, but still looks cool. Those guys need to try getting on MXC.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V