Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Titusfied's Week 8 Power Rankings
Posted 2008-10-29, 06:38 AM
There are some teams making a push in the top 10, but the top 5 is a different story. Maybe a few wins here and some key losses there, and this whole thing could be mixed up in 3 weeks. But for the time being, here we are, as well as my critique on the Zelaron members' teams that aren't in the top 5:

1. Tennessee Titans - Started out a little slow against Indy this week, but stayed true to their running game, and ended up prevailing in a convincing win. Even though Indy scored at the end, it was during garbage time. 7-0 with Kerry Collins actually looking semi-impressive as of late. He isn't just maintaining the game anymore, he's actually making plays and giving the running game better opportunities by doing so. I saw Vince Young warming up on the field last week, but hopefully Fox won't even think about breaking up this chemistry. Even with a loss or two over the next few weeks, there would be no reason to panic, and I hope they don't. LenDale White might be the fattest RB in the league, but he's also putting together an impressive stat line season - 10 TDs in the first 7 games; NICE!

2. New York Giants - (Congrats Gruesome, they are pretty damn good - Ouch that just hurt me in the heart writing that....) A nice win over Pittsburgh on Sunday, and it was a nailbiter. I'd be a little worried with this whole Plexiglass situation taking place this season, although the team doesn't seem to be affected by it yet. But trust me, coming from a fan that had the same type of problems with T.O., it festers. Burress missing meetings, treatments, etc. is him just being a fucking asshole and thinking he's better than the team. The 1 game suspension was a good move, but benching himi last game for 1 quarter last week wasn't. It wasn't a statement, and if they think it was semi-effective, they're wrong. You can't bench someone for part of the game, then put him back in when he's needed, and think you're getting the point across... It's like a double standard. All is good right now, but if he doesn't straighten up his act, problems could be looming down the stretch, especially if they start losing a few games.

3. Carolina Panthers - This is the exact reason I put them ahead of Tampa Bay last week even after losing to them two weeks prior. They play sound football. Steve Smith is probably the best player in the league after catching a football, and he just makes things happen on the field. Of course that doesn't come by himeself alone, Jake Delhomme is the key to their success. He's having a solid season, and could be poised to make a push in the NFC, and attempt to redeam their last loss in the Super Bowl 6 years ago (maybe 7?)

4. Washington Redskins - Not a great win this weekend, but then again, there hasn't been many of them this year. For some reason they just know how to win football games. They grind it out in the run offense, but it certainly doesn't hurt when you have arguably the best RB in the league this year in Portis. And their WR corps are starting to play more consistently - especially Santana Moss. After basically getting blanked for two straight games 2 and 3 weeks ago, he's put together a string of great games this week and last week. The Redskins need him to be consistent if they want to continue squeaking out wins.

5. New England Patriots - I actually didn't think I was going to ever even contemplate putting them back in the top 5 this year, but they've really showed me something over the last two weeks. Everyone was more or less disrespecting them, and for good reason, but this team has a never say die attitude, and they're showing it on the field. If their o-line can keep Cassell sack free and let him work the pocket, they continue to climb and be successful.

Jacksonville Jaguars - I don't know exactly where they land on my power rankings, but its not good. Its not even remotely good. I actually couldn't be more disappointed in the lack of consistency this team is showing this year, especially with their run game. What used to be a formidable, and even dominant RB tandem of MJD and Fred Taylor, isn't even close to the shell of last year. Sure, they've shown they can still do it, but that's only been on rare occassions this year. Everyone is bound to have a good day here and there in the NFL, but the cream of the crop does it consistently, and they simply haven't this season. I'm very disappointed, that's for sure.

Indianapolis Colts - Again, disappointment is the prominent word on the steet. I know the o-line has been plagued with injuries this year, but holy shit, was it really that dominant in the past? Are you really going to tell me that with a few players out that is screwing up the whole rhythm of the offense? Where has Reggie Wayne been? Where the FUCK has Marvin Harrison been? Is he finally washed up, and at best a 3rd receiver? Dominic Rhodes has played nicely filling in for Joseph Addai, but even prior to Addai's injury, he wasn't very impressive. Again, it was inconsistent.

Sorry for hating on these two teams, but I'm sure you're both frustrated too D3V and Thanatos. How could you not be?

Philadelphia Eagles - Everything literally hinges on Westbrook's health, because this team is clearly different, and VERY dangerous when he plays. If Westbrook stays healthy, the Eagles will again be a threat in the NFC. Kevin Curtis will only get better as he plays and practices more, and the same goes for Reggie Brown (if he ever plays again - I think he is this week). Buckhalter shows he can take some of the load of BWest, which helps, but like I said, all hinges on the mans health. Of course Donovan needs to stay healthy too. Terrible how a team can rely so heavily on such few players, but when they're game changers like the ones mentioned above, it's true.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2008-10-29, 05:20 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "Titusfied's Week 8 Power Rankings"
Great post dude. Factual information mixed with some biased opinion is the best way to create rankings. Like you said about your Eagles, it all depends on your boy Brian. Now that McNabb has a deep threat in Jackson (\What a great rookie, to bad he has to go against the likes of Matt Ryan, Matt Forte, etc for rookie of the year), i see them competing at a high level for the next couple of years.

My Giants are playing decent right now, dispite Burresses antics. I like the pressure the front 7 brings and our young secondary is not playing all that bad. They let up a big play once and a while, but they are going to be fantastic.

As for your rankings, I like the top five. I really dont think Tenn is going to be up there for to much longer (they have only played one team with a record over .500) and i expect in less than 4 weeks, 4 of the top 5 are going to be from the beast (East).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2008-10-30, 08:59 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "Great post dude. Factual information..."
There's no way all 4 teams in the NFC East will be top 5. That's impossible if you're basing it off records.

Honestly, I'm pissed at the Colts right now. As always I will stay a loyal fan but it's just depressing driving by the stadium every morning knowing we BLOW BALLS this year. If we lose to a Tom Brady-less NE team this week AT HOME I'm giving up on this season.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-10-30, 09:05 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "There's no way all 4 teams in the NFC..."
Thanatos said: [Goto]
There's no way all 4 teams in the NFC East will be top 5. That's impossible if you're basing it off records.

Honestly, I'm pissed at the Colts right now. As always I will stay a loyal fan but it's just depressing driving by the stadium every morning knowing we BLOW BALLS this year. If we lose to a Tom Brady-less NE team this week AT HOME I'm giving up on this season.
I actually wasnt going off of records. Just skill alone.

I am honestly surprised with your colts, espeically with the new stadium opening. Petyon looks like a rookie and wayne has dropped some passes that he should have caught. Marvin looks old and clark is barely a factor. I mean, your team is/ was so stacked and now.......

The other surprise is SD. What happened to this team. From SB favorites to bottom half of the NFL (with a decent Rivers at the Helm. Oh well he's still third out of the 2004 draft.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2008-10-31, 08:46 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "I actually wasnt going off of records...."
At least Phillip Rivers is 1st in fantasy points.. he's been helping me dominate in my family league
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-11-03, 07:12 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "At least Phillip Rivers is 1st in..."
Another fucking great week of football. Tennessee had a scare, the Giants kicked the Cowboys ass, Jacksonville got smoked by CINCY (HAHAHAHA D3V), Indy won a nail biter, and the Eagles kicked the living shit out of Seattle. Looking forward to writing an updated power rankings after MNF!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2008-11-03, 08:27 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Another fucking great week of football...."
Titusfied said: [Goto]
Jacksonville got smoked by CINCY (HAHAHAHA D3V),
bahahahahahahaha

They lost to an 0-7 team.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2008-11-03, 08:28 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "bahahahahahahaha They lost to an 0-7..."
When is my Loser tag going away?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2008-11-03, 08:29 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "When is my Loser tag going away?"
I just noticed that. I told Chruser last weekend to remove them; looks like he overlooked yours. I'd PM him.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2008-11-03, 08:44 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "When is my Loser tag going away?"
I'd say it's being suited nicely.

And smoked, that may be true but 0-7 teams, any winless teams are bound to win eventually. And what's scary is the Jags are playing Detroit next week who are also winless, but actually put some points up against Chicago.

The Jaguars have one fault on each side of the ball.

When they don't run, the rest of the offense plays like crap. It is as simple as that, when the running game isn't established, the offense suffers and a loss usually occurs.

On the defensive side of the ball, we do not ever get enough pressure on the Quarterback. We spent two high draft picks drafting rushing lineman, but they still need time to develop. We have been playing our wonderful (safe) cover-two which only keeps us in the game. A more dominant rushing scheme would be great, but it's not what we have been doing.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-11-03, 08:49 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "bahahahahahahaha They lost to an 0-7..."
bahahahahahahaha

They lost to an 0-7 team.
It was an 0-8 team, just to rub it in D3V's face.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-11-03, 08:54 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "It was an 0-8 team, just to rub it in..."
HandOfHeaven said: [Goto]
It was an 0-8 team, just to rub it in D3V's face.
L2NFL. Any team can win any week.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-11-03, 09:04 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "L2NFL. Any team can win any week."
You guys going to be able to beat the Vikes in a couple weeks?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-11-03, 09:10 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "L2NFL. Any team can win any week."
But it just makes it funnier since it happened to you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2008-11-03, 09:12 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "But it just makes it funnier since it..."
But it just makes it funnier since it happened to you.
Karma is a bitch, I'd be careful if I were you. You more than anyone else know how vunerable the Colts are this year, along with the Jags. And last time I checked, i'm pretty sure, actually I am positive the Jaguars came into your brand new stadium and showed the Colts what's up, but you know... the jags aren't even that good or anything.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-11-03, 09:14 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Karma is a bitch, I'd be careful if I..."
They aren't going to make the Playoffs, while the Colts will. I think we're finally going to pull our heads out of our asses and remain consistent. After all, we got Bob "The Hitman" Sanders back. He's our entire defense, somehow.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2008-11-03, 09:17 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "They aren't going to make the Playoffs,..."
Quote:
while the Colts will
Keep dreaming, we still have a better shot at a wild card than you guys do.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V