Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Playoff Weekend (Sorry Thanatos & D3V)
Posted 2008-01-14, 06:04 AM
What a great, yet unbelievable weekend of football.. Honestly, the Jags losing wasn't really a surprise, but they played good ball for at least a half and a little more. The Patriots officially have a pretty easy road to the Super Bowl, and should beat the Packers.

I just can't believe the Colts and Cowboys lost yesterday. Both dogs won outright, and it yet again proved that Peyton is a big game fraud. He put up great stats (402 yards, 3TDs, but 2 INTs), but he had costly turnovers and they couldn't close the deal. The drive at the end of halftime turned out to be a kiss of death. They were cruising along, just itching for a TD, but ended up getting picked off by Cromartie on a terrible pass by Peyton...

I'm very happy the Cowboys lost. Not that I want the Giants to win or anything, but my hate priority is on the Cowboys and their half retarded looking QB Romo. Hopefully the Packers win big next week, and we see a Packers vs. Patriots SB.

So, Thanatos, D3V, what is your reaction from the games? In particular, the ones of most interest to yourselves?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2008-01-14, 07:11 AM in reply to Titusfied's post "Playoff Weekend (Sorry Thanatos &..."
Well let's see.

Saturday night I went with the girlfriend, and a few of my buddies to watch the game down in Jacksonville, actually at the stadium. (they had those nice/new HD jumbotrons turned on). I would guestimate roughly 13-15000 people were at the stadium, which is absolutely ridiculous,

The Jaguars were being called to get washed out by the Patriots, but at the end of the first half you couldn't tell, the game was still in reach (even though in my head I knew we should've had more of a lead), but that wasn't the case... The Jaguars fought hard, and when they WERE getting pressure on Brady, they kept the momentum shifted a bit. What was funny is the Jaguars we're hanging in the game more-so when they weren't playing what they're good at, when we were slinging the ball around and running different plays, not just running the ball.

It was a fun season, but now it's over. There WERE mistakes however. You could call it TWO dropped touchdown passes, Garrard mistakes weren't even really his problem, like Peyton, his teammates we're dropping passes and you can't win ballgames when you can function on the basic principles of the game, it's as simple as that.

The opening drive for the Jaguars set it up, they went for it on fourth and one, and Garrard threw a 32yd completion to our Tight end, the stadium was estatic to say the very least, I haven't heard that amount of noise at any game i've been at during the regular season, and this was with about 1/4 of the regular attendees. It was amazing.

Nonetheless, congradulations to the Patriots, they probably will walk over SandyHeigo, if not, who cares, every team I considered pulling for is out, Go Green Bay! For now..

Now for the Colts..? What the fuck? You guys we're winning when I turned off the game in the 4th and I then hear later on they got beat. Good try guys, I can't really believe it, i'm shellshocked. I guess it wasn't either of our years, time to move on, take a nice long break, stay out of trouble, get ready to get back into the swing in about 4 months or so and get back on it. The Jaguars will hopefully be phenomenal, they're going to have a lot of starters returning that've been injured for a majority of the season, and there are already rumors about getting Jason Taylor.. muhaha. We'll see though.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-01-14, 09:13 AM in reply to Titusfied's post "Playoff Weekend (Sorry Thanatos &..."
I'm still in utter disbelief.

I mean.... we had our WHOLE team back besides Dwight Freeney. Marvin doesn't do shit, nobody can catch the ball, Addai got shut down.... I just can't believe it.

I really don't know what to say besides better luck next year.

ps - Dungy may need to step down.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-01-14, 11:22 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I'm still in utter disbelief. I..."
My Giants are going to smoke the Packers as long as no snow falls. As soon as the first flake drops, then Eli is screwed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2008-01-15, 07:21 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "My Giants are going to smoke the..."
It's nice to see former Jags' asshole coach doing well, but honestly he is a really good person outside of coaching, I guess like Belicheck he isn't paid to be a nice guy. I'm just sad the season had to end this way, but shit happens, we've got a lot of injured players, but on the bright side the cap room is upwards of 40 million, we're going to resign garrard to a much 'healthier' contract and I hear rumors already of tons of offseason free agency signings.

Chad Johnson in Jacksonville? Wtf?.. just watch.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-01-15, 07:53 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "My Giants are going to smoke the..."
Woah, a gruesome sighting.

In all honesty, I'm hoping the Packers make it to the Super Bowl. I think Favre is the only thing standing in front of a Patriots undefeated season and I do NOT want to see that happen.

Go Packers!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-01-15, 08:02 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Woah, a gruesome sighting. In all..."
Me and you both, man. I'm pulling for the Packers all the way, nothing more than seeing the Patriots would make my day. That and the Favre/packers team this year has been nothing short of amazing, and I feel a ring this year would finally give Favre a reason to retire and possibly go into coaching or sportscastin, i'm sure he'd be great at either of them.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-01-15, 02:52 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Me and you both, man. I'm pulling for..."
Yeah, sorry Gruesome, but I'm with D3V and Thanatos. I'm rooting for the Packers to play the Patriots in the Super Bowl. Actually, San Diego should just forfeit, because they don't stand a chance....

Eli Manning is playing with confidence, but he is what he is. And what he is isn't very good, so he'll choke soon enough.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2008-01-15, 02:58 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Yeah, sorry Gruesome, but I'm with D3V..."
Omg after many years my team is going to nfc championship. It will be funny if patriot go all they way to superbowl and lose it. GO Packers Go packers.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
osmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenosmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

osmoses-jones

Posted 2010-09-29, 10:02 AM in reply to osmoses-jones's post starting "Omg after many years my team is going..."
so Jags signed Trend Edwards off the waiver. WTF!

Jags vs Colts game this weekend. Where's Thanatos at? BITCH.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-09-29, 02:22 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "so Jags signed Trend Edwards off the..."
O HAI THAR

You guys suck ass this year. But that doesn't change the fact that MJD runs for 500 yards everytime he plays us. We'll still win though.

Bitch.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2010-09-29, 02:39 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "O HAI THAR You guys suck ass this..."
we'll see.ill be there and i'll take pictures of his endzone celebrations.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-09-30, 10:56 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "we'll see.ill be there and i'll take..."
Make sure you take a picture of Peyton Manning throwing his 4th TD pass, too.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2010-09-30, 11:01 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Make sure you take a picture of Peyton..."
Here yah go. I think i'll need to save the legit memory for Mojo's career game.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-09-30, 04:00 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Here yah go. I think i'll need to save..."
The Jags are a damn joke, my lowly Eagles just dismantled them! BOOOOOOMMMM!!!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2010-10-01, 10:09 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "The Jags are a damn joke, my lowly..."
Man, talk about two snowball effect weeks.

I've still got them taking the Colts. The momentum fell apart so fast towards the end of the half with that bullshit call (when dude's helmet came off) to where the cardiac cats killed themselves in the second half.

Look for them to turn it around this weekend.

And for the Eagles? If Vick keeps playing like he does, everyone else needs to watch out, if he falls apart though and there is controversy, be ready for a long season. If McNabb puts up better numbers, Skins win.

Quote:

Last edited by D3V; 2010-10-01 at 10:13 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-10-04, 11:25 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "O HAI THAR You guys suck ass this..."
thanatos said: [Goto]
o hai thar

you guys suck ass this year. But that doesn't change the fact that mjd runs for 500 yards everytime he plays us. we'll still win though.

bitch.

lolwut

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V