Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Post 1.10 ladder char's
Posted 2003-05-12, 12:29 PM
ok i am one of those lazy ppl who get rushed and have never played through the game completly so i was wondering what is the easiest character class to play through the game with? i am asking because i plan on making a 1.10 ladder char.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2003-05-12, 06:21 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "1.10 ladder char's"
I think that a Barb is the easiest..cant beat the Hp and strength..the easiness of the skill selection...and the thrill of a big ol barb hacking up monsters..and going ROAR..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hell_SpawN is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenHell_SpawN is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hell_SpawN

Posted 2003-05-13, 08:11 AM in reply to tidus2005's post "1.10 ladder char's"
ok that sounds cool but i think a barb would need a good sword to be effective. i made a zon on single player last night and play throught acts 1 and 2 and started act 3 in about 5 hours but i dont know if that is good or not. while i am only level 18 i think that i am doing ok but my bow is kinda sucky so i have to shoot monsters about 4 times to kill them. lol but other than that it was fun to actually play through the game i still kinda cheated and use mh but it would have takin too long if i had to explore the whole map by my self.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2003-05-13, 08:30 AM in reply to tidus2005's post "1.10 ladder char's"
If you compare which the fastest cower with best items then i would say its a nova sorc.

The cheapest and fastest would be a Ama with Lightning fury skill.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mr.Lee

Posted 2003-05-13, 03:43 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "1.10 ladder char's"
I say Barb if you are going solo. Sorc or Zon if you are going thru with a party.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Doofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDoofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Doofus_AW

Posted 2003-05-13, 06:03 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "1.10 ladder char's"
Doofus has 666 posts.

Anyway, I would have to agree with the others that a barb would be the best. I guess a Sorc or Zon would be pretty good too. I'm simply going to make a sorc and MF like hell and get the ladder uniques then after the season is over I'll just sell them for massive ammounts to normal characters that dont have them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-05-13, 06:06 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "1.10 ladder char's"
If I'm going to play again, I'll make a pally.

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-05-13, 07:05 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "1.10 ladder char's"
realy so you guys think a barb is best for solo becaus i have made a lvl 99 one with jamellas and it sucks because i can only get a crappy cruel weapon i think i will try a zon because it has worked for me so far.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

tidus2005

Posted 2003-05-13, 07:18 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "1.10 ladder char's"
If they remove Global physical resistance, Barb might do well. But we don't know if they're going to make more PI so that Zons and Barbs and pure physical builds will have more trouble to play through the game.

I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-05-14, 04:38 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "1.10 ladder char's"
I would say Sorc, because they are good at magic finding and thats what you really need to start out and find.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2003-05-15, 08:03 AM in reply to tidus2005's post "1.10 ladder char's"
any suggestions on how to make a sorc that can play through the game because my sorc is a ts/lm and orb/cm and i have a hard time rushing people in hell due to the light/cold imune people. not to mention that i know that lvl 20 ts/lm has pretty sucky damage.

is there a way to make a sorc that has all three elements?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

tidus2005

Posted 2003-05-15, 08:51 AM in reply to tidus2005's post "1.10 ladder char's"
Yeah, you wouldn't imagine how easy it is. Just destribute your skill points into all three tabs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-05-15, 12:15 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "1.10 ladder char's"
Basically,
20 Orb, 1 CM,
20 Hydra(firewall, but I prefer Hydra)/20 FM
stack TS/LM.

TS/LM doesn't really suck. You won't be seeing a pack of monsters that's immune to lightning + another element.

Only unique/super unique has a chance of being cold + fire immune, so just static, and teleport around and let TS to the killing, if he's the kind of monster which matters.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Senesia

Posted 2003-05-15, 12:25 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "1.10 ladder char's"
ok well i might make one with fire wall and a cold spell that freezes a monster solid like glacial spike or something.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

tidus2005

Posted 2003-05-15, 12:43 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "1.10 ladder char's"
That would be considered a fun build, not the type you'd want as you first character.

Unless Blizzard gives G. Spike more damage, I can't see it being effective since they said monsters will have more life.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Senesia

Posted 2003-05-15, 09:15 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "1.10 ladder char's"
the easiest to build in my opinion is the sorc...u only need to worry about vit/mana..and lighting and cold skill tree...sooo simple to make an effective sorc (specially mf one's)
What is this!?! A center for ants!?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
supaflip_69 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensupaflip_69 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

supaflip_69

Posted 2003-05-16, 08:14 AM in reply to tidus2005's post "1.10 ladder char's"
cool i made a druid on the europe realm and beat act one with a lvl 11 druid it kicked ass i had a few summons and a merc and we just walked up and kicked andy's ass i was so cool i think i am going to make a druid for my first ladder char.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

tidus2005

Posted 2003-05-16, 09:50 AM in reply to tidus2005's post "1.10 ladder char's"
Personally I find paladins the best to solo with. Their skills are helpful at all levels and they can work with many different types of equipment. They can have resists with skills, damage, healing, mana, etc.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
SephirothSoul is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSephirothSoul is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

SephirothSoul

Posted 2003-05-16, 09:59 AM in reply to tidus2005's post "1.10 ladder char's"
ya i would have to say they are all around the best, BUT they lack the power to do massive killing which i think will change in 1.10
.....Broke the rubba, busted another all up in ya motha, so how u feel like havin another baby brotha? Wha? dont studda, ya pants hangin so low ya new baby brotha can be ya new lova!......
My Personal Website!
www.dimensionforums.com
ÖWÑëÐ
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"

Posted 2003-05-16, 02:41 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "1.10 ladder char's"
Well, since everyone will be starting from scratch in Ladder, I guess people will play in party like the old times. So, being a party-friendly paladin would be nice.

It is true that Baba can kill fast, but when it came to a huge pack of monster, a Baba just can't seem to do enough damage, without a nice [godly] weapon, which most won't have, yet.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Senesia