Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Dreams in color?
Posted 2011-08-12, 06:08 AM
I've always heard that humans dream in black and white; however, on multiple occasions I've remembered colors in a dream. This morning, I actually remember having remarked in the dream about the odd, vibrant colors of an object.

Last edited by WetWired; 2011-08-12 at 08:27 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2011-08-12, 07:57 AM in reply to WetWired's post "Dreams in color?"
Humans do dream in colour, it's just that most people don't remember. There are only a small percentage of people who dream in black and white.

I think it's also true that as you get older, you start to dream in less colour.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2011-08-12, 07:59 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Humans do dream in colour, it's just..."
I dream in color all the time.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2011-08-12, 08:17 AM in reply to WetWired's post "Dreams in color?"
All the dreams I remember are in color. In fact, I just woke up from a dream where I beat down a bunch of young punks with a baseball bat and ingenuity (at one point I grabbed one of them by the legs and swung him around, hitting the others). The colors were pretty vibrant and realistic!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2011-08-12, 11:33 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "All the dreams I remember are in color...."
i dream in color all the time ...
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2011-08-12, 11:35 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "All the dreams I remember are in color...."
I've never heard that humans dream in black and white. Generally, I think your dreams resemble your reality. If you have been blind from birth, you do not see any images in your dreams, as your brain has no recording of such things to display. I suspect if you are color blind, your dreams would similarly only show images your brain has references for, so they would not be in color. But I think only 1-2% of humans are color blind.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2011-08-12, 04:54 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I've never heard that humans dream in..."
Some of the stuff I dream up is definately completely original material
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2011-08-12, 05:01 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Some of the stuff I dream up is..."
I could make an original image from 1000 other images, that doesn't change the fact that the resources are not new.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2011-08-12, 05:17 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I could make an original image from..."
I had a dream yesterday that I was being chased by some sort of giant serial killer monster thing, and then realized it was a dream and knew if I died in the dream it would probably wake me up so I kept running and jumping through empty windows and then it finally caught me but it didn't kill me just hit me with a giant hammer and I couldn't get up for a while and then as soon as it looked away I got up and sprinted and then it started chasing me again, but it was weird because I would be running and it would be walking and but still faster then me, and then I freaked out and woke up. :O
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2011-08-12, 05:45 PM in reply to kaos's post starting "I had a dream yesterday that I was..."
I had a dream about a week ago that I trained bees to vomit into my mouth.

I don't really have many dreams these days, since I smoke so much pot. It suppresses my REM sleep. The fact that I tend to sleep for only a few hours at a time doesn't really help.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2011-08-16, 09:02 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I've never heard that humans dream in..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
I've never heard that humans dream in black and white. Generally, I think your dreams resemble your reality. If you have been blind from birth, you do not see any images in your dreams, as your brain has no recording of such things to display. I suspect if you are color blind, your dreams would similarly only show images your brain has references for, so they would not be in color. But I think only 1-2% of humans are color blind.
This. I've never had a black and white dream. It's always been color.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2011-08-17, 08:58 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "This. I've never had a black and white..."
I'd always heard that the brain often adds color when you remember them, and that the lack thereof doesn't seem odd during.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2011-08-17, 05:12 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I'd always heard that the brain often..."
I know I definitely dream in color. I even remarked during a lucid dream once that my dreams seemed to be in HD.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2011-08-17, 06:11 PM in reply to Xenn's post starting "I know I definitely dream in color. I..."
Eyesight failing you?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2011-08-17, 07:12 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Eyesight failing you?"
i have pain in my dreams ..... i had a dream once were i got shot in the head .... worse headache ive had ..... lasted 2 days straight
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2011-08-17, 07:21 PM in reply to jamer123's post starting "i have pain in my dreams ..... i had a..."
You probably have a tumor.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2011-08-17, 07:23 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "You probably have a tumor."
nah ...
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

jamer123

Posted 2011-08-19, 01:10 AM in reply to jamer123's post starting "nah ..."
I fucking hate having those dreams when you get something like money, cars, etc. Shit you really wanted, and you wake up thinking it was real until you realize it wasn't.

Dreams fuck with your emotions that's a sure.

--------

Kinda offtopic: Ive been looking at some shroom reports on the shroomery and some have reported going into an 8 hour coma, but during that 8 hours of being heavily fucked up, the shrooms make you lose sense of time to the point where one guy was living in medievil times for 100+ years.

I guess it's all in the head. xD

Last edited by kaos; 2011-08-19 at 01:16 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2011-08-19, 11:12 AM in reply to kaos's post starting "I fucking hate having those dreams when..."
kaos said: [Goto]
Dreams fuck with your emotions that's a sure.

Try not dreaming for a while. That really fucks with you.

kaos said: [Goto]
Kinda offtopic: Ive been looking at some shroom reports on the shroomery and some have reported going into an 8 hour coma, but during that 8 hours of being heavily fucked up, the shrooms make you lose sense of time to the point where one guy was living in medievil times for 100+ years.

I guess it's all in the head. xD

One of the ways in which I think humanity can achieve immortality is to utilize dreams to create a world where we can live in our dreams. I've had dreams where time passed noticeably faster or slower than the actual time I was awake, so our perception of the passage of time is definitely variable in dreams. It seems feasible that one could somehow live in a dream for 1000+ years during what would normally be considered a human lifetime (~80 years). At that point, assuming that our bodies are not in danger and are up kept as necessary, we are effectively immortal compared to a normal human. It might even be possible to significantly lower the body temperature or something else to preserve the body beyond the normal human lifespan, assuming we don't need to utilize it anymore and it serves only to hold our minds.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2011-08-19, 09:25 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Try not dreaming for a while. That..."
You'd probably forget everything about reality, 1000 dream/brain years is a long time to wash off 20, or even 30 years of reality. It's like prisoners being incarcerated and getting institutionalized, you'll come back feeling like the bird man in Shawshank Redemption.

There are alot of people who'd give anything to escape life, though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kaos