Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Post +max damage
Posted 2003-12-21, 09:55 PM
They fixed the +max damage modifier with patch (Where max damage was added to weapon's damage PRIOR to %ED based modifiers), but does anyone know if it would still do that if you put the jewel in the weapon itself, or does it do the same now?

Also, about the property of "Prevent Monster Heal"...
Is the monster's regeneration disabled permanently if you hit it, say once, or does it get disabled for a certain amount of frames?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2003-12-22, 01:31 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post "+max damage"
not sure bout the max dmg issue,but prevent heal is only for a short period of time,u gota hit the monster continously for it to stay long enough for u to kill it
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DarkXSavior is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDarkXSavior is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DarkXSavior

Posted 2003-12-24, 06:41 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post "+max damage"
*bump*

Dark answered the question regarding "Prevent Monster Heal" , but the + max damage is still unanswered...

I'll re-phrase the question, to see if I can simplifiy it.

Does anyone know if you put a 40/15 MAX in a weapon, if it adds the max damage to the WEAPON or to your Maximum Damage as indicated in your character screen?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-01-21, 04:07 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "*bump* Dark answered the question..."
Vollstrecker said:
Does anyone know if you put a 40/15 MAX in a weapon, if it adds the max damage to the WEAPON or to your Maximum Damage as indicated in your character screen?
OK, I admit I dug up this thread again, but I have some relevant information for all to hear, as this may be useful in PvP.

I experimented with 2 Voulges. I placed a +9 max damage jewel in one, nothing in other. I then proceeded to place both voulges in my weapon slots 1 & 2.

The one with the +Max jewel's damage in character screen was: 11-60
The plain one's damage was: 11-42

It would appear that any +max jewels placed into a weapon affects the weapon's max damage, like it did back in 1.09.

So, to get the most out of your gear, it appears you want to get you desired ias out of your other gear with 40/15 ias and have 40'15 max's in your weapon, if possible.

Hope this helps everyone.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-01-21, 04:27 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "OK, I admit I dug up this thread again,..."
Do +max dmg jewels in armor, shields, and helmets not add to weapon damage?
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2004-01-21, 04:43 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "Do +max dmg jewels in armor, shields,..."
Medieval Bob said:
Do +max dmg jewels in armor, shields, and helmets not add to weapon damage?
No, they add to your overall damage in character screen. This was addressed in patch.txt:

"Fixed a bug in damage calculation for weapons which computed +min/+max
damage prior to +damage%"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker