Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Smile Well hidey ho.
Posted 2002-08-30, 07:57 AM
After tryin for a while to get my pindlebot to pick up only the things listed.... still dont know how to fix that... I decided to do some manual Meph runs. I got oh.. somethin like.. 280 mf.. Ya it suxxorz, but in the Two Meph runs I did, I found a string of ears and IK belt. =) Thinkin of makin a sorcy so I can do Meph Bot.... Any reccomendations for of skills/stats for a Sorcy dedicated to doing Meph ruhs (with a bot most likely)?

Also, I'll obviously need some good lightning resist. What items have MF/LightningResist? Or Lightning Absorb?

Thanks much.

Last edited by Medieval Bob; 2002-08-30 at 08:01 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2002-08-30, 09:10 AM in reply to Medieval Bob's post "Well hidey ho."
I think Duskdeep helm has light absorb, I KNOW there is a helm with light absorb though, but I'm pretty sure it is duskdeep.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2002-08-30, 09:52 AM in reply to Medieval Bob's post "Well hidey ho."
trade your strings and get thundergods vigor
make your sorc a fire wall sorc, you can wear mf and no +skills with a maxxed out fire wall sorc and still kill as fast as the other people
the thundergods gives you 20% lightning absorb +20 vitality and i think +20 strengh very good belt...
.....Broke the rubba, busted another all up in ya motha, so how u feel like havin another baby brotha? Wha? dont studda, ya pants hangin so low ya new baby brotha can be ya new lova!......
My Personal Website!
www.dimensionforums.com
ÖWÑëÐ
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"

Posted 2002-08-30, 09:53 AM in reply to Medieval Bob's post "Well hidey ho."
Isnt Tgods...an ammy?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2002-08-30, 10:00 AM in reply to Medieval Bob's post "Well hidey ho."
Sorry, I was thinking of Highlords Wrath..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2002-08-30, 08:46 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post "Well hidey ho."
Uh Cronic... T-God's has straight absorb number, not a percent.

Only items with absorb by % are:

Raven Frost (20% cold)
Rising Sun (.75% per char lvl)
Lightsaber (25%)
.08 Lightsaber (30%)

Absorb by set number:
Thundergod's Vigor (40 light damage absorbed)
Blackhorn's Face (40 light damage absorbed)
Dwarf Star (30 fire damage absorbed)
Snow Clash (30 cold damage absorbd)

There are more, but these are examples. BTW, how absorb by a set number works is the absorb value on the item is multiplied by 2:

Blackhorn's Face:+20 lightning absorb actually means absorbs up to 40 lightning damage when you take lightning damage, which means its only useful for killing LE monsters, this would not save you from Nova or Thunderstorm, though dual Lightsaber's would. Also, if you are at full life when you get hit, you will NOT absorb said damage, because you cant absorb anything when at max hp, but the damage does get reduced by that number.

Example #2:

1500-2000 Thunderstorm, Target has Blackhorn's on, and is at full life (1000 life). Target gets hit by Thunderstorm blast, takes 1460-1960 damage, and therefore dies instantly, unless target has 50 lightning resist or more (730-980 damage)

Example #3:

1500-2000 Thunderstorm, Target has Dual 1.09 Lightsaber's equipped, and is at 1500 life and has 75 lightning resist. Target gets hit by Thunderstorm blast, damage lowered to 750-1000 after absorb, then lowered to 187.5-250 damage. Target is now basically immune to thunder, seeing as each TS stroke only does 187-250, and target gets healed by 750-1000 life each hit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dark Dragoon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDark Dragoon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dark Dragoon

Posted 2002-08-30, 08:49 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post "Well hidey ho."
Lightsabers are my heroes..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2002-09-01, 06:37 AM in reply to Medieval Bob's post "Well hidey ho."
lightsabre's may be your heros but when a zon comes along while still fighting the sorc and you have dual sabre out he'll probaby just lock onto you so... :0wn:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2002-09-01, 10:02 AM in reply to Medieval Bob's post "Well hidey ho."
Rico, your sorc must blow. My sorc has only a 56% absorb energy shield, 800 mana, 45% damage reduce, and a lvl 70 zon only removed all my mana, and only 100 hp, leaving me at 900 hp, and the zon dead from 1500 dmg nova. Now seeing as my sorc has maxed all resists in any difficulty (except hell, i got -10 poison res), and with the extremely fast casting from dual occy ring + occy I can whack anything quickly with nova, while still casting orb at a good rate, and as of late I have yet to meet a sorc that could survive 2 TS hits, even on norm with maxed lightning resists, if they can even survive 1 nova. Now about mephisto, his most damaging attack is that weird frozen orb like ball (I do believe its the same one, except it doesn't shoot shards). It does 50/50 cold/physical. with 0 cold/phys reduce you will take around 500 damage, which would make most mephbot's do chicken life, or would be too late with you being dead, and trying to do runs naked also cronic's advice isnt really sound, leveling up with firewall is a drag, and most of the time, meph doesn't stand still unless your standing next to him letting him try and swipe you with his hand (claw?), and orb/ts works perfectly, seeing as each shard does 300+, and can spew out over 20 shards, plus TS at high levels hits quick and hard, so thats about 2000 each second from TS, and meph only has 50000 life (or was that diablo?) so that would mean 25 seconds=dead meph, but with firewall you have a greater chance of getting killed since you HAVE to keep meph still, or you will do pathetic damage.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dark Dragoon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDark Dragoon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dark Dragoon

Posted 2002-09-01, 09:20 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post "Well hidey ho."
what the hell are you talking about
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-=Rico-GP=-