Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Post Movies on the PSP
Posted 2005-06-11, 02:43 AM
I actually saw a few commercials the other day for movies about to be released on DVD ...and it said "Also available on the PSP" which was pretty sweet. The whole Movie side of the PSP is doing alot better than I personally though it would have, I mean there is so many movies that you can grab for the PSP now. IGN made a list last month of every movie for the PSP .. here it is..

Coming Soon To UMD: Every Movie Ever Made
Well, not EVERY movie, but just about -- tons more discs announced.
by Nix

May 27, 2005 - We'd like to see the 1986 BMX Helltrack showdown movie RAD on UMD video, if for nothing else than to enjoy time with Lori Loughlin while we wait for new episodes of Summerland (and also because there's no DVD of the movie yet -- so unfair!) Other than that, it seems to be that every movie we can think of is either scheduled for or being considered for release on the PSP video format.

A flurry of announcements from publishers this and last week have put dozens and dozens of titles on the calendar for release for PlayStation Portable's UMD Video format, with commitments from all studios to provide more titles after this first set. These releases include blockbuster movies, classic movies from the archives, and even some TV and direct-to-video content. As the Hollywood Reporter mentions in an article about the retail success and rapid publisher embracement of the format, the most recent publishing commitments now mean that there is UMD content from every major studio except Warner Bros (which is committed at the moment to its Mini-DVD format for kid-sized players and 3" DVD discs.)

Somewhat frustratingly, no publisher has committed to anything extensive regarding PSP extra content. The format is still being experimented with, and some publishers have already been able to cram some of the DVD extra features from the home video release onto the 1.8GB UMD Video disc. Buena Vista has, in the past, confirmed that it plans UMD Video extra features to provide portable watchers the full film fan experience (in fact, it was the first publisher to put extras besides advertising on its UMD Videos with Kill Bill Vol. 1), and most publishers are expected to follow suit where space is available. However, after the first set of UMD Videos came to market quickly and with none of the bonuses that make DVDs so cool, we're hoping publishers recognize that consumers are currently paying DVD prices for these PSP discs, and deserve DVD treatment whenever possible. Especially when the PSP might actually able to leverage some of its powerful gaming hardware to create interactive sequences of video content (SCEA had a demo of a PSP bonus game on UMD Video at CES earlier this year), movie makers have power with PSP to bring their flicks to life in ways that DVD never can.

We shall see where this format goes in terms of bonus content, but at least the titles are plentiful and diverse. Below is a run-down of UMD Video discs that have been newly announced by various studios for release in the coming weeks and months. You can also exhaust yourself reading the full UMD Video list while you wait for even more titles to be announced.

* Paramount Team America: World Police (August 9)
* Coach Carter (August 9)
* Without a Paddle (August 9)
* Sahara (August 30: DVD day-and-date)
* MTV's Viva La Bam: Vol. 1 (August 30)
* SpongeBob SquarePants The Movie (TBA 2005)
* Ren and Stimpy Volume 1 1/2 ish (TBA 2005)
* SpongeBob SquarePants: Volume 1 (TBA 2005)
* Chappelle's Show: Volume 1 Uncensored (TBA 2005)
* South Park: Volume 1 (TBA 2005)

* MGM Beauty Shop (September 13)
* Be Cool (September 13)
* Stargate: Atlantis (September 13) [ED NOTE - Episode inclusion not announced]
* Bulletproof Monk (September 13)

* Disney / BVHE Coyote Ugly: Unrated Extended Cut (August 16 - Not officially listed yet)
* Sin City (August 16 - Not officially listed yet)
* Shaolin Soccer (August 16 - Not officially listed yet)
* The Rock (August 16 - Not officially listed yet)

* Image Entertainment The Hillz [co-starring Paris Hilton] (June 28)
* Short Circuit (June 28)
* IMAX: The Magic of Flight (June 28)
* Jamie Foxx's I Might Need Security [live comedy concert] (June 28)
* Tupac Shakur: Thug Angel (June 28)
* Endless Summer (June 28)
* Godsmack Live (June 28)

* Universal Studios Dawn of the Dead: Unrated Director's Cut (July 26)
* The Chronicles of Riddick: Unrated Director's Cut (July 26)
* The Rundown (July 26)
* Van Helsing (July 26)
* The Fast and the Furious(July 26)
* Assault on Precinct 13 (July - Not officially listed yet)

* National Lampoon / Genius Products National Lampoon Presents The Best of The Romp Volume 1 [animated shorts] (June 14)

Good stuff,
* National Lampoon's Tooned Up [animated sketch comedy] (June 14)

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2005-06-11, 08:31 PM in reply to D3V's post "Movies on the PSP"
These are more exspensive than DVDs, and people hate waiting for such a small variety of movies.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2005-06-12, 08:37 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "These are more exspensive than DVDs,..."
I have xXx and Pirates of the Caribbean
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2005-06-12, 09:51 AM in reply to D3V's post "Movies on the PSP"
Can't wait to not watch these on a tiny screen.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2005-06-12, 02:15 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Can't wait to not watch these on a tiny..."
GravitonSurge said:
Can't wait to not watch these on a tiny screen.
Actually its not as bad as one would imagine, its widescreen and pretty damn clear picture, the only thing I would gripe about is the sound not being louder then a trucks engine when your in the passenger side trying to watch a movie... but thats what head phones are for. Basically I only watch movies on it when im going on a trip somewhere via train/bus/plane/car and Im not driving.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2005-06-12, 05:04 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Actually its not as bad as one would..."
I think its retarded that they price thes emvoeis at $29.99.......I eman WTf are they thinking? over pricing a movie in a format that can only be played on the PSP ? STUPID. You could just get the DVD for $9.99 and it's universal...so (mostly)anything can play it.

Oh well , good thign ig ot teh 512mb stick so i can put mvoeis there
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2005-06-12, 10:41 PM in reply to Hades-Knight's post starting "I think its retarded that they price..."
Eh, I have to agree with SYG on this one, I can definitly see being able to play movies on that thing as a major plus when traveling.

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-06-13, 06:14 AM in reply to Hades-Knight's post starting "I think its retarded that they price..."
Hades-Knight said:
I think its retarded that they price thes emvoeis at $29.99.......I eman WTf are they thinking? over pricing a movie in a format that can only be played on the PSP ? STUPID. You could just get the DVD for $9.99 and it's universal...so (mostly)anything can play it.

Oh well , good thign ig ot teh 512mb stick so i can put mvoeis there
I live on a military base and the movies only cost $15 and are tax free along with everything else on base.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy