Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

how to change color of font in rmxp
Posted 2008-09-25, 03:25 PM
can someone help me figure this out plz i just started using this and also where can i find an item shop for xp?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
flappykun2349 enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzflappykun2349 enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

flappykun2349

Posted 2008-09-25, 07:10 PM in reply to flappykun2349's post "how to change color of font in rmxp"
flappykun2349 said: [Goto]
can someone help me figure this out plz i just started using this and also where can i find an item shop for xp?

Meow, I think the code is \c[(Put a number from 1-19 here without parenthesis)]

If it go further, then good. There is also a script called the "Neo Message System," which provides many great features the text commands.

The Neo Message System script is for both RMXP and RMVX as far as I know.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List

Last edited by Goodlookinguy; 2008-09-25 at 07:13 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Lightbulb Pretty Simple Answer actually :P
Posted 2008-09-26, 04:50 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Meow, I think the code is \c[(Put a..."
[QUOTE=Goodlookinguy;653933]Meow, I think the code is \c[(Put a number from 1-19 here without parenthesis)][QUOTE]

Yeah, its that. The one thing you need to remember is that if you want to put it back to white you need to put it back to 0 or 1 i belive. an item shop is easy, just do this:

/Text "Welcome to my shop! Would you like to see my wares?"
/Choice
Yes
Shop Processing:
Items Here
No
/Text "Ok then, Have a nice day!"

Something like that. It should work pretty easily after that, you can put extra fancy choices like what type of items you want to see, all you have to do is put another choice after saying yes saying:
"what type of items would you like to buy?" Then,
Choices: Weapons, Armor, Items, Potions.
and make seperate Shop Processings for each.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wolfturn enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzWolfturn enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Wolfturn

a few more Q's
Posted 2008-09-29, 07:45 PM in reply to Wolfturn's post "Pretty Simple Answer actually :P"
ok hey i would like too know where to get the help file in english for rmxp,knowledge on how to set up an inn[and how to use variables it took me forever too learn how switches worked] what are the A,B,C,D self switches and where can i get some really cool side view battle scripts(i'v gotten the side view battle system=bs that lets you use your sprite characters as battle chars and i would like to have one like fire emblem or just a diff. side view bs)could you help me out?

[QUOTE=Wolfturn;654101][QUOTE=Goodlookinguy;653933]Meow, I think the code is \c[(Put a number from 1-19 here without parenthesis)]
Quote:

Yeah, its that. The one thing you need to remember is that if you want to put it back to white you need to put it back to 0 or 1 i belive. an item shop is easy, just do this:

/Text "Welcome to my shop! Would you like to see my wares?"
/Choice
Yes
Shop Processing:
Items Here
No
/Text "Ok then, Have a nice day!"

Something like that. It should work pretty easily after that, you can put extra fancy choices like what type of items you want to see, all you have to do is put another choice after saying yes saying:
"what type of items would you like to buy?" Then,
Choices: Weapons, Armor, Items, Potions.
and make seperate Shop Processings for each.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
flappykun2349 enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzflappykun2349 enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

flappykun2349

Posted 2008-09-30, 08:21 AM in reply to flappykun2349's post "a few more Q's"
Ok, i could definitely help with the Variables/Switches tutorial. There is one on the site here.. But i'll make my own with a demo and everything for you too see. Its actually very simple. Just give me a day or two, and i'll have it ready for ya.

Edit: ALL DONE! :P lol If you need anymore exaples just ask
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=6...db6fb9a8902bda

Last edited by Wolfturn; 2008-09-30 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Don't wanna dbl post :P
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wolfturn enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzWolfturn enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Wolfturn

i sent you pm
Posted 2008-09-30, 06:22 PM in reply to Wolfturn's post starting "Ok, i could definitely help with the..."
you know that i use XP not VX right?

Wolfturn said: [Goto]
Ok, i could definitely help with the Variables/Switches tutorial. There is one on the site here.. But i'll make my own with a demo and everything for you too see. Its actually very simple. Just give me a day or two, and i'll have it ready for ya.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

flappykun2349

a few more things [sry]
Posted 2008-09-30, 07:36 PM in reply to Wolfturn's post starting "Ok, i could definitely help with the..."
ok how can i set an innkeeper up to ya know let me sleep in the inn lmao
and how can i get a boat/airship?

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

flappykun2349

Posted 2008-10-07, 05:44 PM in reply to flappykun2349's post "a few more things [sry]"
ok how can i set an innkeeper up to ya know let me sleep in the inn lmao
and how can i get a boat/airship?
my bad, i'll see if i can find my old XP lol. (i switched to VX a long time ago :P) but they are pretty much the same anyways.

Ok, heres the deal for an inn. Its actually very simple. You can do it a couple ways. But this is the way i usually do it.

1). Make an event with a persons graphic
2). Have them say something like,
Text: "Welcome! Would you like to sleep in my inn?
Only 15 Coins!"
Choices:
Yes
Fade Screen
Play little song
Money -15
Recover all
Transfer player to [001,001] (comment: this way it looks like hes in a different spot when hes done. You can also do this in the beggining instead of a fade screen)
No
Text: "Well fine then! My inn is the fanciest in town! Its your loss!"
3). put your event werever you want the inn to be at :P

Lol, an inn in 3 easy steps :P

Now, for the boat/airship, its going to be a bit more complicated. So what i'll do is make a demo later on how exactly to do it. the only problem is that i'm not on my computer, and it won't turn on for some strange reason. so your going to have to wait. (when i get it fixed i'll transfer the variable tutorial from VX to XP) but you should really get VX :P

Last edited by Wolfturn; 2008-10-07 at 05:47 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wolfturn

i sorta get it and thnx a bunch on my airship/ship prob
Posted 2008-10-07, 05:56 PM in reply to Wolfturn's post starting "my bad, i'll see if i can find my old..."
ok 1 i think i pretty much get the variables but i would seriously love to have the airship and boat things umm am i going to have to use alot of variables?
my bad, i'll see if i can find my old XP lol. (i switched to VX a long time ago :P) but they are pretty much the same anyways.

Ok, heres the deal for an inn. Its actually very simple. You can do it a couple ways. But this is the way i usually do it.

1). Make an event with a persons graphic
2). Have them say something like,
Text: "Welcome! Would you like to sleep in my inn?
Only 15 Coins!"
Choices:
Yes
Fade Screen
Play little song
Money -15
Recover all
Transfer player to [001,001] (comment: this way it looks like hes in a different spot when hes done. You can also do this in the beggining instead of a fade screen)
No
Text: "Well fine then! My inn is the fanciest in town! Its your loss!"
3). put your event werever you want the inn to be at :P

Lol, an inn in 3 easy steps :P

Now, for the boat/airship, its going to be a bit more complicated. So what i'll do is make a demo later on how exactly to do it. the only problem is that i'm not on my computer, and it won't turn on for some strange reason. so your going to have to wait. (when i get it fixed i'll transfer the variable tutorial from VX to XP) but you should really get VX :P
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

flappykun2349

Posted 2008-10-07, 08:06 PM in reply to flappykun2349's post "i sorta get it and thnx a bunch on my..."
ok 1 i think i pretty much get the variables but i would seriously love to have the airship and boat things umm am i going to have to use alot of variables?

Not really, just re-declare the variables to save them.

Work List

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

variables
Posted 2008-10-08, 03:02 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Not really, just re-declare the..."
would you mind going into further detail if you know how plz?[know how to make an airship fir rmxp or redeclare variables]
Goodlookinguy said: [Goto]
Not really, just re-declare the variables to save them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

flappykun2349

Posted 2008-10-09, 11:22 AM in reply to flappykun2349's post "variables"
would you mind going into further detail if you know how plz?[know how to make an airship fir rmxp or redeclare variables]
Re-Declare - To declare again

Declaring a variable - setting its value.

Re-declaring Variables is simple. After you use a variable and have no use for it, use it again! that way you don't use 500,000 variables in one game. If you had a variable that was used in tutorial island, and you don't need it anymore. just go ahead and use it in the fire dungeon. Understand?

Ok, let me see if i can try to explain the boat/airship thing without a demo.
(the thing about not having a demo is i don't know if this would work or not. GLG if you could test this for me.. it would be appreciated)

Make a common event that will set your speed higher, set a move route to make yourself "through" and then, change your graphic to the boat/airship. (i say make a common event that way you don't have to keep making them over and over, you can just call the event)

To make unpassable areas, make an event that has no graphic (or have a graphic if you want) and make sure that its like this
Event starts on Event touch (not player touch) Then set the move route for the way opossite of the clear event, that way when he runs into it, he turns around. Understand? You can do that for the deep areas if you only have like a row boat, you can't go cross-country with it into deep water. Pretty simple

Thats the basic idea, just make sure that if it doesn't work. Do what your gut says. Try everything, write ideas down when your not by the computer. (Seriously, keep a pen/pencil and paper by at all times) Thats the way you make great games.

Edit: OK! I made it. Heres the simplest way to do it. Make an airship event that looks like this

Text: "Would you like to board the \C[3]Airship\C[0]?" (the \C[0] stuff is the text colors in VX :P)
Show Choices: Yes, No
When [Yes]
@>Set move route: Player [wait for completion]
$>Through = On
$>Move 1 step towards event (so that he moves on it)
@>Set move route: Player [wait for completion]
$>Change graphic to "Airplane.jpg"
@>Set move route: Player [don't wait]
$>Change speed to X (test the speeds out to see which you like.)
Control Self Switch > A = ON
Erase Event
When [No]
Nothing here
Now, make a new event page. And put that the only way that it activates is if self switch A is on. Make sure it runs as a parallel process and then do this.

Conditional Branch: Button (Blah) is being pressed?
Yes:
Text: Are you sure you want to land? (if you land in an unmoveable tile then you will be forced to start the game over from were you last saved)
Show choices: Yes,no
When [yes]
Set move route player
Change speed back to normal
Through = off (that way he doesn't keep going through walls and such)
Change graphic back to his own body.
when [no]
nothing happens.

(I like that event lol took me about 5 seconds to think it up. Muahaha GLG i'm getting up to your thinkings (btw thanks for the advice "think like a programmer"))

Now for areas that you don't want to be passable. This is the easiest one yet.

Make an event. No graphic but make it activate on EVENT TOUCH.
Then just put this

Set move route player
1 step backward.

Thats it. :P LOL! I love being able to answer peoples questions. Keep sending em this way!

Last edited by Wolfturn; 2008-10-09 at 03:14 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wolfturn

Posted 2008-10-09, 11:11 PM in reply to Wolfturn's post starting "Re-Declare - To declare again ..."
Muahaha GLG i'm getting up to your thinkings (btw thanks for the advice "think like a programmer"))

I am programmer, so RPG Maker stuff is easy. Right now I'm currently studying Regex right now. It's the most completed thing I've ever done. That's why I've been so busy, plus all of the work for a company, church, and two friends of mine.

Also, Wolfturn, good job explaining what re-declaring a variable means.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-10-10, 06:42 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "I am programmer, so RPG Maker stuff is..."
I am programmer, so RPG Maker stuff is easy. Right now I'm currently studying Regex right now. It's the most completed thing I've ever done. That's why I've been so busy, plus all of the work for a company, church, and two friends of mine.

Also, Wolfturn, good job explaining what re-declaring a variable means.
I'm a wanna-be programmer, in other words i wanna be one :P But, i haven't taken any classes or anything on anything, i've tried all the books i can find and none of them really help. (proggramming for me is a more handson type of thing) RPG maker was the only thing i could learn.

And thanks, I'm just glad i understand em enough to actually be able to explain

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wolfturn

Posted 2008-10-10, 08:51 PM in reply to Wolfturn's post starting "I'm a wanna-be programmer, in other..."
I'm a wanna-be programmer, in other words i wanna be one :P But, i haven't taken any classes or anything on anything, i've tried all the books i can find and none of them really help. (proggramming for me is a more handson type of thing) RPG maker was the only thing i could learn.

I'm a self-taught programmer. If you wanted to, you could be too. By the way, if you're poor, "free" E-books are a valid way to go. Just be sure to read them and delete the books later once you understand what you're doing.

And thanks, I'm just glad i understand em enough to actually be able to explain

You're welcome. You explained them as well as anyone could have. Variables are just variables, they have no defined value until given one. Then when you no longer need that value, then you can reuse the variable to define it if you want.

PHP Code:
class programmer {
 function 
find_lie($user) {

$user $this->detect($user);
 }
 function 
detect($user) {

// This function has a hidden value :D
  // Could I have used this function alone?
  // Yes, but I felt like adding in more to
  // seem special and smart.

}
}
$programmer = new programmer(true);
$Wolfturn $programmer->find_lie($Wolfturn);
if (
$Wolfturn == "lie") {
 echo(
"You're no programmer!");
}
elseif (
$Wolfturn == "truth") {
 echo(
"I'm glad to see you at least know something.");
}
else {
 echo(
"Oh, dear lord, Regular Expressions are hard!");

----------------------------------------------

Anyways, all of this chit-chat about RPG Maker has gotten me all excited to create something no one has ever done before.

By the way flappykun, I hope all of this crud helped you.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-10-11, 12:21 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "I'm a self-taught programmer. If you..."
I'm a self-taught programmer. If you wanted to, you could be too. By the way, if you're poor, "free" E-books are a valid way to go. Just be sure to read them and delete the books later once you understand what you're doing.

You're welcome. You explained them as well as anyone could have. Variables are just variables, they have no defined value until given one. Then when you no longer need that value, then you can reuse the variable to define it if you want.

PHP Code:
class programmer {
 function 
find_lie($user) {

}
 function 
detect($user) {

}
}
if (
$Wolfturn == "lie") {
 echo(
}
elseif (
$Wolfturn == "truth") {
 echo(
}
else {
 echo(

Anyways, all of this chit-chat about RPG Maker has gotten me all excited to create something no one has ever done before.

First off, lol thats funny btw Thanks for the little coding up there. I could sorta read it, But not all of it, (if you could explain what it is.. might help me later on)
anyways, you know any good Ebooks i could find to use? (yes i'm a poor dude here) only 15 so i'm poor until further notice. lol.
I want to learn a language that will let me make a program without anything, On notepad. I Have a friend and he says that binary is the best language to learn, but thats a pretty tough thing.. lol too many 0's and 1's :P any easier languages, a good one for a begginer? (i've tried VisualBasic, but there are no good E-books for that, that teach you how to use it correctly)

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wolfturn

Posted 2008-10-11, 04:32 PM in reply to Wolfturn's post starting "First off, lol thats funny btw Thanks..."
First off, lol thats funny btw Thanks for the little coding up there. I could sorta read it, But not all of it, (if you could explain what it is.. might help me later on)
anyways, you know any good Ebooks i could find to use? (yes i'm a poor dude here) only 15 so i'm poor until further notice. lol.
I want to learn a language that will let me make a program without anything, On notepad. I Have a friend and he says that binary is the best language to learn, but thats a pretty tough thing.. lol too many 0's and 1's :P any easier languages, a good one for a begginer? (i've tried VisualBasic, but there are no good E-books for that, that teach you how to use it correctly)
Off-topic: I'm barely 17 and I've only been studying php for 6-or-so months. That tells you how easy it should be to pick up a programming language. I suggest starting with a web-language, as I always do. It's just easier to pick up something you can see easily, plus XHTML and CSS are easy. By the way, what the Hell, binary! No kid, binary is not the way to go. Understanding how binary works is fine, but no, not as a language.

---------------------------------------------

Make sure to come and read my "How to use Classes and Functions" with RPG Maker tutorial later today. It might make what I wrote below make sense.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

thnx
Posted 2008-10-12, 08:37 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "I'm a self-taught programmer. If you..."
thnx GLG and Wolfturn this rly helped me alot lmao i'm too dumb to be a programmer no way in hell i could rap my head around it lol

PHP Code:
class programmer {
 function 
find_lie($user) {

}
 function 
detect($user) {

}
}
if (
$Wolfturn == "lie") {
 echo(
}
elseif (
$Wolfturn == "truth") {
 echo(
}
else {
 echo(

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

flappykun2349

Posted 2008-10-12, 12:21 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Off-topic: I'm barely 17 and I've only..."
Off-topic: I'm barely 17 and I've only been studying php for 6-or-so months. That tells you how easy it should be to pick up a programming language. I suggest starting with a web-language, as I always do. It's just easier to pick up something you can see easily, plus XHTML and CSS are easy. By the way, what the Hell, binary! No kid, binary is not the way to go. Understanding how binary works is fine, but no, not as a language.

---------------------------------------------

Make sure to come and read my "How to use Classes and Functions" with RPG Maker tutorial later today. It might make what I wrote below make sense.
lol, i've never really thought HTML was a proggramming language. In that case, yes i know a bit of HTML

lol, not too much (i don't really use it anymore). But enough to make a simple website. CSS... i learned it, but i don't think i could make anything with it (its been so long) umm... XHTML i learned also, (really easily actually)
Javascript i started learning, i can make some simple stuff with javascript also.. but thats it. (so i understand all the basic functions of a proggraming language. Text-Printing,If statements, Variables ect.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wolfturn

Grin ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`.../.,j;l;ijpiftte54342312
Posted 2008-10-12, 03:31 PM in reply to Wolfturn's post starting "lol, i've never really thought HTML was..."
lol, i've never really thought HTML was a proggramming language. In that case, yes i know a bit of HTML

lol, not too much (i don't really use it anymore). But enough to make a simple website. CSS... i learned it, but i don't think i could make anything with it (its been so long) umm... XHTML i learned also, (really easily actually)
Javascript i started learning, i can make some simple stuff with javascript also.. but thats it. (so i understand all the basic functions of a proggraming language. Text-Printing,If statements, Variables ect.

(X)HTML, CSS, and JavaScript are all considered scripting languages. However, once you get to know those, you can move into programming with php, ASP(.NET), Ruby, etc.

XHTML is HTML with a few things that are different.
1) All tags must be closed like <br> is <br />
2) You must declare a DOCTYPE
3) All letters within tags must be lowercase

CSS is used to enhance (X)HTML, such as
Code:
<style type="text/css" media="screen">
<!--
* {
 margin:0;
 padding:0;
}
body {
 margin-top:5px;
}
table {
 table-spacing:0;
 table-collapse:collapse;
}
table, tr, td {
 border:0;
}
img {
 border:0;
}
p em:first-child img[src=this.jpg] {
 border:3px;
}
p > em {
 font-size:1.3em;
 text-decoration:underline, 
 color:#00B; /* Blue */
}
-->
</style>

If you want to know more you can PM me Wolfturn. I don't want to be off-topic this long.

-----------------------------

flappykun2349 said:
thnx GLG and Wolfturn this rly helped me alot lmao i'm too dumb to be a programmer no way in hell i could rap my head around it lol
You're welcome. By the way, you could learn how to program if you really wanted too.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy