Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Question Please help, I use RM2K3
Posted 2008-06-19, 11:28 AM
Alright. I'm basically wondering how I show and event without the "Hero" being visible. Is it possible? Please help!

P.S. sorry if the question is not specific enough. I'll say more if needed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2008-06-19, 01:22 PM in reply to Skurai's post "Please help, I use RM2K3"
Skurai said: [Goto]
Alright. I'm basically wondering how I show and event without the "Hero" being visible. Is it possible? Please help!

P.S. sorry if the question is not specific enough. I'll say more if needed.
First copy and erase everything from one copied charset picture.

Use the "Change Sprite Association" and set the character in question for the blank charset. After you want him to appear again, do the opposite.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-06-19, 01:22 PM in reply to Skurai's post "Please help, I use RM2K3"
Alright. I'm basically wondering how I show and event without the "Hero" being visible.
Alright, this is easy. First way: Find/create and empty charset file, or at least one with an empty space, Use the event "Change Sprite Association" (first page) and tah-dah. No Guy. After the event, change him back.

Second way: Make a hero and name him "Blank" don't set any graphic for him or set an empty graphic. When you want the seen to take place, remove your main character and add him. (I advise the first way considering this works better for games with one protagonist.)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2008-06-19, 01:23 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "First copy and erase everything from..."
Goodlookinguy said: [Goto]
First copy and erase everything from one copied charset picture.

Use the "Change Sprite Association" and set the character in question for the blank charset. After you want him to appear again, do the opposite.
Nice, you beat me to it. Posted at technically the same time though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2008-06-19, 11:09 PM in reply to Skurai's post "Please help, I use RM2K3"
Ah, Of Corse! Thank you so much Guys! I can't believe I didn't think of that...'

Ok. Now, I have one more thing, right now.
A menu were you can change your Party members manually. I can't find one
on any event commands. Also, I wanna know if there's a way to make it so that only previous party members can join (for characters the person has not met yet.).
Please Help if possilbe.
and thanks again!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2008-06-20, 01:59 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Ah, Of Corse! Thank you so much Guys! I..."
Ah, Of Corse! Thank you so much Guys! I can't believe I didn't think of that...'

Ok. Now, I have one more thing, right now.
A menu were you can change your Party members manually. I can't find one
on any event commands. Also, I wanna know if there's a way to make it so that only previous party members can join (for characters the person has not met yet.).
Please Help if possilbe.
and thanks again!

That requires making a system. I will create a system for you if you ask me to. Just give some realistic way that you want the system work and I'll do it. I'm an event/variable/conditional branch master.

Included in your description, tell me if you are going to allow the user to change their name.

I can't do it tonight (Thursday), I can do it on Friday though.

Work List

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-06-20, 08:32 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "That requires making a system. I will..."
That requires making a system. I will create a system for you if you ask me to. Just give some realistic way that you want the system work and I'll do it. I'm an event/variable/conditional branch master.

Included in your description, tell me if you are going to allow the user to change their name.

I can't do it tonight (Thursday), I can do it on Friday though.
Well, I'm not too sure about system, I don't know what I'd want it to look like...
Basically If it were part of the "Event Commands" I'd want a way to select
which party members the person can choose, and then the person simply switches places with the members untile they have a party of four that they want.
Yeah.

Also... I seem to be having a Problem. Everytime I try to move an event, they move the first movement, and keep going in that dirrection. Then if I try to edit it, it won't work unless I delete the event and rewrite it again...
just wondering if it's one of those infection problems or something.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2008-06-20, 09:07 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Well, I'm not too sure about system, I..."
Ask goodlookingguy he is very good at explaining things with the rpg maker 2000/2003/xp/vx. He helped me with one of my problems with rpg maker vx. I have the first part of my game created. I am making my game a online mmorpg and it is my first online game i am making. I like the program so far. Enterbrain did a good job with it, even though it is missing lots of resources though in their demos. But i bet they will make a even better one sometime.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
adventurerpg208 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenadventurerpg208 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

adventurerpg208

Posted 2008-06-20, 09:36 AM in reply to adventurerpg208's post starting "Ask goodlookingguy he is very good at..."
adventurerpg208 said: [Goto]
Ask goodlookingguy he is very good at explaining things with the rpg maker 2000/2003/xp/vx. He helped me with one of my problems with rpg maker vx. I have the first part of my game created. I am making my game a online mmorpg and it is my first online game i am making. I like the program so far. Enterbrain did a good job with it, even though it is missing lots of resources though in their demos. But i bet they will make a even better one sometime.
an MMORPG ,huh!?
I'd like to check it out when you've got it ready.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2008-06-20, 11:10 AM in reply to adventurerpg208's post starting "Ask goodlookingguy he is very good at..."
adventurerpg208 said: [Goto]
Same Here! I happen to be a lover of RPG (especially The MMOS) PLZ send me a link to download it! i would love to be a tester or w/e. lol I'm pretty good at finding bugs too :P

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wolfturn enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzWolfturn enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Wolfturn

Posted 2008-06-20, 12:41 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Well, I'm not too sure about system, I..."
Well, I'm not too sure about system, I don't know what I'd want it to look like...
Basically If it were part of the "Event Commands" I'd want a way to select
which party members the person can choose, and then the person simply switches places with the members untile they have a party of four that they want.
Yeah.

Also... I seem to be having a Problem. Everytime I try to move an event, they move the first movement, and keep going in that dirrection. Then if I try to edit it, it won't work unless I delete the event and rewrite it again...
just wondering if it's one of those infection problems or something.
You need to just make one event that gives the command to all of the events. Then have other events use parallel processes to command certain movements that you want at the same time. Use variables or switches (preferably variables) to command an event to not do anything after the event is done. To do this you must create another page and set the page condition to either a variable that must be set to something or that a switch that is turned on.

The other way around that is using a conditional branch to do it all on one page! That is personally my favorite way of doing it!

If you need me to write it up, no problem.

Also, could you expand upon the system you wish to have. Such as, how many characters, class chooser, etc.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-06-20, 08:10 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "You need to just make one event that..."
You need to just make one event that gives the command to all of the events. Then have other events use parallel processes to command certain movements that you want at the same time. Use variables or switches (preferably variables) to command an event to not do anything after the event is done. To do this you must create another page and set the page condition to either a variable that must be set to something or that a switch that is turned on.

The other way around that is using a conditional branch to do it all on one page! That is personally my favorite way of doing it!

If you need me to write it up, no problem.

Also, could you expand upon the system you wish to have. Such as, how many characters, class chooser, etc.
Whoa... that seems difficult.

I don't know. I have a Hidden character in it as well, so It'd have to able to change when she's unlocked...

Ok, the way I'd perfer it too look is somewhat like the PHS system in FFVII (If you've played, which I'm sure you have), and since I have no idea how it would work... please do it for me.

I have no idea how but also it'd have to able to keep up with characters current levels, also like the FF systems...
If needed I can find a way to send you chracters and their status. (the main chracter changes his look twice, but the system won't been used untile the second time and up.)
If this is too difficult, please tell me. I'll find a way to work with it on my own, if not, I SWEAR I will place you in the credits and... thanks dude. You've helped me too much with this.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2008-06-20, 08:26 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Whoa... that seems difficult. I..."
Whoa... that seems difficult.

Not for me.

I don't know. I have a Hidden character in it as well, so It'd have to able to change when she's unlocked...

Ok, the way I'd perfer it too look is somewhat like the PHS system in FFVII (If you've played, which I'm sure you have), and since I have no idea how it would work... please do it for me.

I haven't played FFVII since I was 7 when it had first come out on the Playstation. I don't remember the system and don't really want to find the game to find out.

Also, is this secret character ever gonna talk during the game? How many characters do you plan to allow to swap out?

I have no idea how but also it'd have to able to keep up with characters current levels, also like the FF systems...
If needed I can find a way to send you chracters and their status. (the main chracter changes his look twice, but the system won't been used untile the second time and up.)
If this is too difficult, please tell me. I'll find a way to work with it on my own, if not, I SWEAR I will place you in the credits and... thanks dude. You've helped me too much with this.

I can build you a system within the other system where the characters stay at around the other characters levels.

Alright, so the only real info I need is how many characters there are going to be altogether...

----
Basically what I'm going to do is use conditional branches and variables to find and define all characters levels. After that is done, then it will head through a series of events that are dependent around the characters level if you swap out. If you are within 5-levels of the main character then you will not have your level changed. If you are above 5-levels above your main character you will be lowed to their level to prevent going too far above their level. Of course, this cannot be prevented unless you force a smaller version of the system in other places to insure that no one else gets ahead of anyone else.
----
I'm not going to start working on the system now because I'm really, really tired. However, as long as I don't sleep in, I should be able to create it in the morning with no issues.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-06-20, 08:43 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Not for me. I haven't played..."
Not for me.

I haven't played FFVII since I was 7 when it had first come out on the Playstation. I don't remember the system and don't really want to find the game to find out.

Also, is this secret character ever gonna talk during the game? How many characters do you plan to allow to swap out?

I can build you a system within the other system where the characters stay at around the other characters levels.

Alright, so the only real info I need is how many characters there are going to be altogether...

----
Basically what I'm going to do is use conditional branches and variables to find and define all characters levels. After that is done, then it will head through a series of events that are dependent around the characters level if you swap out. If you are within 5-levels of the main character then you will not have your level changed. If you are above 5-levels above your main character you will be lowed to their level to prevent going too far above their level. Of course, this cannot be prevented unless you force a smaller version of the system in other places to insure that no one else gets ahead of anyone else.
----
I'm not going to start working on the system now because I'm really, really tired. However, as long as I don't sleep in, I should be able to create it in the morning with no issues.
Alright.
Over all, there are 9 characters, counting the Unlockible chracter. She will not talk at all though, simply a character that will make the game 50% easier (She's hard to get... maybe impossible...)
Also, remember, the main character changes twice so I don't how that'd work...
there will be four characters at a Time, the main character I think should be constant though.

This is a basic Picture of the FFVII PHS system used to swich party members (although all the pictures are from either AC or DOC)
http://fem1.uniag.sk/Miroslav.Jezik/...II_8_after.jpg
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2008-06-20, 09:07 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Alright. Over all, there are 9..."
Alright.
Over all, there are 9 characters, counting the Unlockible chracter. She will not talk at all though, simply a character that will make the game 50% easier (She's hard to get... maybe impossible...)
Also, remember, the main character changes twice so I don't how that'd work...
there will be four characters at a Time, the main character I think should be constant though.

This is a basic Picture of the FFVII PHS system used to swich party members (although all the pictures are from either AC or DOC)
http://fem1.uniag.sk/Miroslav.Jezik/...II_8_after.jpg

Well, I can't create something like that since there are limitations on 2k3. I've found a script for it with XP, but you're not using that. I can however create a system where there is an image that looks like a little pointer and you can scroll over people and choose. Each time you click on the person the person will appear at the top (Basically showing you who you've chosen.)

By the way, what do you mean by the "main character changes twice"?

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-06-20, 09:23 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Well, I can't create something like..."
Well, I can't create something like that since there are limitations on 2k3. I've found a script for it with XP, but you're not using that. I can however create a system where there is an image that looks like a little pointer and you can scroll over people and choose. Each time you click on the person the person will appear at the top (Basically showing you who you've chosen.)
Yes, that will work. Thank you.

By the way, what do you mean by the "main character changes twice"?
I ment his look. He changes his sprite and face twice. (although I realize now the first change served no point.)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2008-06-20, 09:28 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Yes, that will work. Thank you. :D ..."
Yes, that will work. Thank you.

I ment his look. He changes his sprite and face twice. (although I realize now the first change served no point.)

Alright, I'll get working on it in the morning! This is going to be one of the longest events I've ever created!

I am going to use a combination of variables and switches instead of using pure variables.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-06-20, 09:32 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Alright, I'll get working on it in the..."
Alright, I'll get working on it in the morning! This is going to be one of the longest events I've ever created!

I am going to use a combination of variables and switches instead of using pure variables.
Thank you!
Because of you Game play and storyline have increased very much!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2008-06-20, 09:47 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Thank you!:D Because of you Game play..."
By the way, I gonna tell you this ahead of time. This entire thing is going to take a good 3-4 days because of the number of characters you're using, hope you're alright with that.

Also, I will upload the file and send it via PM. I will keep it secret that way!

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-06-20, 09:55 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "By the way, I gonna tell you this ahead..."
By the way, I gonna tell you this ahead of time. This entire thing is going to take a good 3-4 days because of the number of characters you're using, hope you're alright with that.

Also, I will upload the file and send it via PM. I will keep it secret that way!
That is fine, thank you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai