Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

tmnt rpg
Posted 2008-02-28, 08:34 AM
To all a wear of my ongoing project TMNT RPG and whom are interested for an update on the progress, I can now update you on the progress of the game and show you a few goodies while I’m here.

What I have achieved in doing is getting the walk and jump and climb sequences nuttered out in the game.

This will totally change the way the game is played making the whole world of TMNT become your playing ground. You’ll be able to climb and scale walls, hop fences jump across the roofs and so much more. This is still an ongoing progress, and will take months to build this sequence in this already huge scale of NYC and the other game locations, kept discrete for story purpose.

The other thing I’ve got going well is the menu sequence of the shell cell. From there you’ll be able to access all your character settings, choose a leader, operate option menu, save, so on and so forth.

Also I have been composing music for the game as well and so far progress is good and with some free time opening up soon I'll be able to put heaps more work into this game. All the screen shots above are just quick glance to how the game is starting to look. Hope you enjoy them.
Thats it for now people, keep an eye on TMNT-FSC for more updates on the game.

that was from a post i did ages back theres a small flash seq with this game
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
pepzi is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenpepzi is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

pepzi

Posted 2008-02-28, 01:12 PM in reply to pepzi's post "tmnt rpg"
That is significantly awesome! I like the looks of it. What's your general approach to the climbing system?

I worked on a jumping system a few years ago which was interesting but difficult due to RPGMaker 95's lack of ability to "instantly" check the premise of local co-ordinates (e.g. if the tile three squares left of the player was passable or otherwise fit for landing).

How will your fighting system work?
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2008-03-03, 03:59 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "That is significantly awesome! I like..."
Looks really neat. Never a fan of TMNT, but I think I'd play this game. Not too many Rm2k-ers out there (like myself). Good to see some games.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Noob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNoob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Noob101

Posted 2008-03-04, 05:29 AM in reply to Noob101's post starting "Looks really neat. Never a fan of TMNT,..."
The game does look really well done.

Noob101 said:
Looks really neat. Never a fan of TMNT, but I think I'd play this game. Not too many Rm2k-ers out there (like myself). Good to see some games.
I am, as well, a RM2ker. I use all of the makers! Using the later makers makes it easier to understand the older makers. I must say, the older makers were harder to use than the new ones, possibly the very reason behind not as many people liking the older ones than newer ones.

<!-- If any of this sounds odd to you, read it again, and again, 'til you understand what I wrote -->

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-03-04, 05:11 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "The game does look really well done. ..."
Makes sense. I just don't want to get into scripting for XP. Sure, I could leave it the way it is, or sure, I could use someone else's script. But...I'd want to customize it and I'd feel bad and lose interest when I realized I couldn't do it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Noob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNoob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Noob101

Posted 2008-03-05, 03:41 AM in reply to Noob101's post starting "Makes sense. I just don't want to get..."
Noob101 said:
Makes sense. I just don't want to get into scripting for XP. Sure, I could leave it the way it is, or sure, I could use someone else's script. But...I'd want to customize it and I'd feel bad and lose interest when I realized I couldn't do it.
Ruby Scripting is actually quite easy. I've been messing with it for a short time now, and it isn't all that bad. Personally I would go with VX because there is a ton less lag, while on the other hand XP was lag city.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-03-05, 05:13 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Ruby Scripting is actually quite easy. ..."
Eh. I'm coming to terms with not being able to script/make charsets. I can't even do an ABS with 2k. :/ Ahh, well. Still fun to screw around with, though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Noob101