Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Project Ego (Screenies and news)
Posted 2002-07-10, 03:54 PM
The first thing to note is that Project Ego may not be called Project Ego anymore. Though the final name has not been announced, it's rumored to be Fable. Whatever the name, the story remains the same. As a young lad of only 15, you return home from an errand to find your parents kidnapped and your dog nailed to the front door. Ouch. The rest of the story involves your lifelong quest for revenge, ending with you becoming the greatest hero the world has ever known. How you get to that point is what makes Ego one of the most ambitious RPGs to ever hit the console world.

New on display was Ego's combat system. The game is a long ways off from being finished, as professed by creator Peter Molyneux, still the combat system seemed complete enough to evaluate. Combat in Ego varies based on the weapon you choose to wield. In the demo, the character was a master with a frying pan. Combat's in real time with actions and combos similar to what you'd find in an adventure game.

Enemy AI is very high. Bad guys hide in wheat fields, surround our hero for better attacks, and learns from the players actions. The world of Ego is massive, and it's rare for an RPG to have such a smooth combat system. Ego's a deep story with near limitless possibilities and a beautiful design. Tag on a quick, easy, combo-oriented combat system and you have a game that could be one of the best ever. But don't expect Ego anytime soon. The game won't be released until at least 2003.
The information ABOVE was taken from ign.com

From what I can see, it will be a great rpg and from what I heard at news sites, it will be the BEST rpg ever. Well, I'm not sure about the best but it will be one of the best. Project Ego is not the name, just a temporary one. (Fable is it's rumored name) From the magazine Game Informer, it says that Project Ego will be online. And now for some screenshots and concept art. (The screenshots may not be accurate)

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2002-07-10, 05:53 PM in reply to NonGayMan's post "Project Ego (Screenies and news)"
sweetness
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2002-07-16, 02:09 PM in reply to NonGayMan's post "Project Ego (Screenies and news)"
holy crap graffix on this game are comparable to mirrowind...
.....Broke the rubba, busted another all up in ya motha, so how u feel like havin another baby brotha? Wha? dont studda, ya pants hangin so low ya new baby brotha can be ya new lova!......
My Personal Website!
www.dimensionforums.com
ÖWÑëÐ
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"

Posted 2002-07-17, 11:52 AM in reply to NonGayMan's post "Project Ego (Screenies and news)"
it LOOKS way better than morrowind, but we'll see how it pans out...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
FunkyBunny is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenFunkyBunny is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

FunkyBunny

Posted 2002-08-03, 02:02 PM in reply to NonGayMan's post "Project Ego (Screenies and news)"
What weapon do you think you will choose to wield? I am thinking of finding a broomstick
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JohnnyTAE

Posted 2002-08-03, 07:52 PM in reply to NonGayMan's post "Project Ego (Screenies and news)"
graphics wise in my opinion it beats morrowind.

and weaponwise im goin with a frying pan... no ill stick with swords if their is, they're my favorite.
So this baby seal walks into a club.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ask_rabber

Posted 2002-08-03, 08:14 PM in reply to NonGayMan's post "Project Ego (Screenies and news)"
damn what kind of video card u think this will require ? it will have to be damn if it is gonna be as good as i think
oops this is on the xbox forum oops plz don't flame for my stupidy

Last edited by Hell Hound; 2002-08-03 at 08:17 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hell Hound is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenHell Hound is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hell Hound

Posted 2002-08-03, 09:20 PM in reply to NonGayMan's post "Project Ego (Screenies and news)"
Quote:
Originally posted by ask_rabber
graphics wise in my opinion it beats morrowind.

and weaponwise im goin with a frying pan... no ill stick with swords if their is, they're my favorite.
Actually I hope theres a Bananna so I can be polyed out with my bananna weapon
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JohnnyTAE

Posted 2002-08-04, 10:20 AM in reply to NonGayMan's post "Project Ego (Screenies and news)"
I'm gonna be like the guy in screenshot 2.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2002-08-04, 10:25 AM in reply to NonGayMan's post "Project Ego (Screenies and news)"
i want to weild a whip ass stick lol
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hell Hound is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenHell Hound is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hell Hound