Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Uber runner.
Posted 2009-08-21, 08:37 AM
So I just did a 10k run with my sister-in-laws boyfriend, cross-country for the first time. For awhile now she has kept on telling everyone he is in better shape then me, and when me and him run together, he is going to make me look bad. Well the opposite happened today. We ran the same pace for awhile and then when we got to the big long hill in our area he made it about half way with me and had to stop walking. Once I saw he was done I sprinted the rest of the way up the hill. This happened every time we got to a hill on our route, he would walk after a certain point and then I would leave him in the dust and sprint the rest of the way up.

I would like to thank the last month of intense hill training I have been doing (with weights).

Thats my ego enlargement for the day.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-08-21, 08:38 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Uber runner."
Cool story bro.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-08-21, 10:26 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Cool story bro."
Sounds good, you didn't happen to time it did you?

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-08-21, 10:58 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Sounds good, you didn't happen to time..."
D3V said: [Goto]
Sounds good, you didn't happen to time it did you?
No it was his route he picked, I didn't know how far it was until after we finished. I think on Wednesday I am going to time my mile again on the track.

Anyone else got a recent mile time? If not we all should go to our local tracks and do a mile Wednesday.

Zelaron Group Activities eh?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-08-21, 11:38 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "No it was his route he picked, I didn't..."
Mine was mid 7's, not exactly sure I said it a bit ago on here. I'm going to be working out a ton next week since my girlfriend is going out of town for a while to visit family. Should be a good opportunity to break into 6's and maybe low 6 minute miles.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-08-21, 04:20 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "No it was his route he picked, I didn't..."
I can walk a mile in around 10 minutes (and I end up walking a good number of miles on the back of containers at work), but I've never tried running one, and I'm in no way fit enough to try it.

I'm more of a sprinter. My last 100m time was about 12 seconds, can't remember my 200m time.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2009-08-21, 09:27 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I can walk a mile in around 10 minutes..."
My last mile was 5:29, when I was 15

No way I'm running a timed one again now though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2009-08-21, 09:37 PM in reply to Xenn's post starting "My last mile was 5:29, when I was 15 ..."
Xenn said: [Goto]
My last mile was 5:29, when I was 15
Bull, fucking, shit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-08-21, 09:55 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Bull, fucking, shit."
Hey I was a distance runner. And that's pretty mediocre.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2009-08-21, 10:18 PM in reply to Xenn's post starting "Hey I was a distance runner. And that's..."
Eh, my last PT test I ran two miles in 17:30. Lately during morning PT I have been able to run around a 7:40 mile, but tend to die afterwards. I have a PT test on Thursday, I will post results then.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2009-08-22, 11:01 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Bull, fucking, shit."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
Bull, fucking, shit.
Actually thats believable.

The fastest mile ever run is 3:43.13 by Hicham El Guerrouj of Morocco in 1999

The American record for the mile run is 3:46.91 held by Alan Webb set in July, 2007.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-08-22, 12:43 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Actually thats believable. The..."
fuck that
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2009-08-25, 03:47 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Uber runner."
Sum Yung Guy said: [Goto]
So I just did a 10k run with my sister-in-laws boyfriend, cross-country for the first time. For awhile now she has kept on telling everyone he is in better shape then me, and when me and him run together, he is going to make me look bad. Well the opposite happened today. We ran the same pace for awhile and then when we got to the big long hill in our area he made it about half way with me and had to stop walking. Once I saw he was done I sprinted the rest of the way up the hill. This happened every time we got to a hill on our route, he would walk after a certain point and then I would leave him in the dust and sprint the rest of the way up.

I would like to thank the last month of intense hill training I have been doing (with weights).

Thats my ego enlargement for the day.
I'm jealous I have no motivation but I should because hockey season is coming up.

Stanley Cups
2015 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2014 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2013 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2012 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2011 Stanley Cup Champions: The Boston Bruins. C-Zdeno Chara
2010 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks C-Jonathon Toews
2009 Stanley Cup Champions: The Pittsburgh Penguins C-Sidney Crosby
2008 Stanley Cup Champions: The Detroit Red Wings C-Nicklas Lidstrom
2007 Stanley Cup Champions: The Ducks Of Anaheim C-Scott Neidermayer
2006 Stanley Cup Champions: The Carolina Hurricanes C-Rod Brind'Amour
2004 Stanley Cup Champions: The Tampa Bay Lightning C-Dave Andreychuk

Longevity

TWELVE YEAR VETERAN (October 2002)

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67

Posted 2009-08-26, 08:21 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Uber runner."
I thought this was a thread related to the Uber bosses in Diablo II....

-------------

My last mile in high school was 6:05. I used to play center midfield in soccer so I was used to running a lot during games. I could've probably improved that time but it seemed fine to me. Plus I was probably too high too really give a shit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2009-09-03, 10:58 AM in reply to Xenn's post starting "Hey I was a distance runner. And that's..."
He's right, that is pretty mediocre actually, even at 15. I was close to cracking into the 4 minute miles in middle school, 8th grade - like 4:59 I'm talking, but never quite got there. A few seconds off. I ran cross country in high school, quit my sophomore year, but at that point, I was averaging a mile pace of about 5:29 or so. I ran the 3.1 mile right around the 16:40's on a consistent basis.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2009-09-03, 10:59 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "He's right, that is pretty mediocre..."
Oh, and if I tried to run a mile now, I'd be surprised if I broke 7:00. I've always been decent at running, now I'm getting out of shape at my old age...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2009-09-03, 01:51 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Oh, and if I tried to run a mile now,..."
Cool story bro.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav