Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

The Icewind Dale Trilogy
Posted 2005-06-27, 06:45 PM
BUY IT RIGHT NOW, dont even read the rest of this thread!

But yeah this book (dont be frightened by the fact that its a long ass book) is fucking amazing, i believe better than tolkien himself! So if you into the whole lord of the rings trilogy, u'll like this one ever better!
XboxLive: x2xExZ

D2jsp: Your_Mom
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
SlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

SlickFic04

Posted 2005-06-27, 07:18 PM in reply to SlickFic04's post "The Icewind Dale Trilogy"
Are the video games based on the books?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2005-06-27, 08:31 PM in reply to SlickFic04's post "The Icewind Dale Trilogy"
Are they making a motion picture for this?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2005-06-27, 10:20 PM in reply to SlickFic04's post "The Icewind Dale Trilogy"
I've played the Icewind Dale video game that uses Baldurs Gate's engine but didn't even know there were books.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-06-28, 08:34 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I've played the Icewind Dale video game..."
1. Yes, Icewind Dale is based on the Icewind Dale trilogy.

2. Read The Dark Elf trilogy (Homeland, Exile, and Soujorn) before you read Icewind Dale. It's much better.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?

Last edited by Medieval Bob; 2005-06-28 at 08:38 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2005-06-28, 11:38 AM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "1. Yes, Icewind Dale is based on the..."
I have read a couple books based on drizzt (Cant spell his name) and they are really good. I think I read one book in the icewind dale triliogy and the thousand orcs book but thats it. No time to really read ALL of the books, there are a lot of them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPenguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Penguin

Posted 2005-06-28, 11:45 AM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "1. Yes, Icewind Dale is based on the..."
First of all, who is.are the author/s??

And second of all, what are they all about??
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-06-28, 11:49 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "First of all, who is.are the author/s??..."
Author is R. A. Salvatore. All his books are here I think
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...422569-8379130

They are not very sorted at all, in fact you wont even know the order to read in but you can research a bit more. Hes wrote LOTS of books that go in order on one charecter, Drizzt, a dark elf duel wield schimters with a black panther cat that kills things silently. First triology to read would be the Dark elf one then icewind dale then it goes on with Lots of triologys/sets after that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPenguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Penguin

Posted 2005-06-28, 11:52 AM in reply to Penguin's post starting "Author is R. A. Salvatore. All his..."
Sounds like fun.

I need something to read until my library can get me the new Terry Goodkind book
Edit: 
Just realised that the Terry Goodkind book I want is not new, but has been out for over a year...and his newest has been out for 6 months. Where've I been all this time? Under a rock?!

This it will be. Thanks for the info.

Last edited by Lenny; 2005-06-28 at 11:58 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-06-28, 12:40 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Sounds like fun. I need something..."
Pengu's got the order right. I liked the Dark Elf trilogy a lot more than Icewind Dale personally. Drizzt shows a lot more character in the first set, and it makes for a more involved story.

I'd reccomend Dragonlance (by Weis and Hickman) over Forgotten Realms any day, though.
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2005-06-28, 02:17 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "Pengu's got the order right. I liked..."
Any audiobooks?

Its a hour commute to work everyday and listening to the radio is teh suxx0rz.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kockblocker1

Posted 2005-06-28, 02:34 PM in reply to kockblocker1's post starting "Any audiobooks? Its a hour commute..."
Audio books I'd reccomend:

H2G2

Dragonlance: (in this order)
Dragons of Autumn Twilight
Dragons of Winter Night
Dragons of Spring Dawning

Time of the Twins
War of the Twins
Test of the Twins
D3V said:

Last edited by Medieval Bob; 2005-06-28 at 02:49 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Medieval Bob

Posted 2005-06-28, 03:46 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "Audio books I'd reccomend: H2G2..."
This thread is about icewind dale bob ;( you changed it into dragonlance. Lance is equally good to me....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Penguin

Posted 2005-06-28, 04:22 PM in reply to Penguin's post starting "This thread is about icewind dale bob..."
Well, if the reader were taking the thread's advice, he wouldn't even be reading my posts. Besides, he asked what was on audio. I searched for FR books on CD or cassette at Amazon.com and didn't find any, so I posted what I found.
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Medieval Bob

Posted 2005-06-28, 05:23 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "Well, if the reader were taking the..."
Thanks Bob
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kockblocker1

Posted 2005-06-28, 06:07 PM in reply to kockblocker1's post starting "Thanks Bob :)"
But yeah bob is right, if my friend didnt give me this book he would have given me the first dragon lance, which i hear is one of the best fantasy series....ever.
XboxLive: x2xExZ

D2jsp: Your_Mom
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
SlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

SlickFic04

Posted 2005-06-28, 09:37 PM in reply to SlickFic04's post starting "But yeah bob is right, if my friend..."
I should probably go pick some of these up and actually read for once.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2005-06-28, 10:04 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I should probably go pick some of these..."
They're a hell of a lot cheaper in book form than audio form.

Again, I reccomend Dragonlance over FR.

I'd say read

Dragons of Autumn Twilight
Dragons of Winter Night
Dragons of Spring Dawning
Soulforge
Brothers in Arms
Time of the Twins
War of the Twins
Test of the Twins
Dragons of Summer Flame
The Second Generation
Dragons of a Fallen Sun
Dragons of a Lost Star
Dragons of a Vanished Moon

in that order. Once you read the first couple, if you enjoy reading in general, you'll definately want to read more of them.

Anyhow, they're only like $6-7 paperback in store, and you can get em for like a buck each if you look online. For example, there are 5 listings for a cent and 9 more under a buck at Amazon for The Second Generation.

I stopped reading Dragonlance after I read all the books with the original crew and the spinoffs written by Weis and Hickman, but that's like... 20 or so books I think. It's a damn fine series. Be careful though. You'll catch yourself reading during class. I missed almost the whole semester of Cal 2 because I was always reading during lecture.
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Medieval Bob

Posted 2005-06-29, 09:39 AM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "They're a hell of a lot cheaper in book..."
Sound like fun...another series to go on my list...another couple of months of reading...

Anyone read Robin Hobb's ones about Fitz out of interest?? There's...9 I think in three trilogies. First lot something to do with Assassins in title, second to do with fools and third to do with ships??
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-06-29, 12:15 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Sound like fun...another series to go..."
There was a trilogy I read in 8th grade that I really, really loved, but I can't remember the name, the author, or the names of any of the characters.

The books were centered around a couple small groups of people that fought in and led a war. They were fantasy books, and the setting was pre-modern, but it wasn't Earth. The organizations in the books had an Italian mob sort of feel.

The only complete memory I have from the books is that one of the characters gets knocked out and wakes up in a sewer in a city.

Anybody have any idea what these books might have been?
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Medieval Bob