Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Embarrassed Nice Host
Posted 2003-10-21, 05:05 PM
Im going to be starting a new hosting company witch will have the following plans with the following features:

Free plan:

50MB web space
1 mysql database
FTP
1 GB transfer files
scripts able to run: all!
no ads yet (if I do it will only be a small link)

Silver Plan:

100MB
20 mysql databases
FTP
5 GB transfer files
no ads

Premium Plan:

500MB
100 mysql databases
FTP
10 GB transfer files
no ads

Pricing:

Free - Free! lol
silver - $5/month
premium - $10/month

as you can see you will be able to support a extreme phpBB forum with this! But I need some starter money If I get this I can keep it running. So if you could please spare a few bucks to help get me rolling. please PM me. any amount of money will help. My Goul is $20 lol I know its not much but that is one months pay for the host. The reason I dont have the money to do this is my mom! lol She always tells me I can do this stuff, but when I try to send the money she tells me to wait. and I have been trying to do this for about a year and a half. any donation over $5 will get the silver plan free for a year! so please help me out here and get this great new host started! Also $10 and up will get the premium plan free for a year! And if you donate the full $20 I will host you free on the premium plan for as long as you want!

If you have any suggestions to make this host better. Please tell me!

BTW: You must have paypal!!!
Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics, even if you win your still retarded
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Brylin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBrylin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Brylin

Posted 2003-10-21, 05:10 PM in reply to Brylin's post "Nice Host"
uhm, first of all, how do you plan on supporting this. Are you using a reselling account. Second of all, everybody knows free acounts don't work. I've known many people who've tried this, and end up even further in teh bucket than they started...... so yeah... i'd really put thought into this if i were you. Btw, nobody is going to come to you if you don't have a decent terms of service and all that other legal mumbo jumbo bullshit so they know that they aren't going to get rippe dby some 12 year old (not saying you are cus i don't know, i'm just saying) that is doing this out of the bedroom of his nursery that's got two baby cribs in the corner.... and also, there can be alot of legal stuff that goes into webhosting if you really wanna do this... that you would need to do in order to be succesful. Because if something happens to you, while you are providing this "service", someone could come after you for theft and non legality of the business... good luck?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Oreo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenOreo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Oreo

Posted 2003-10-21, 05:12 PM in reply to Brylin's post "Nice Host"
:-D thnaks
Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics, even if you win your still retarded
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Brylin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBrylin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Brylin

Posted 2003-10-21, 05:13 PM in reply to Brylin's post "Nice Host"
::Smells the air:: i smell scam.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2003-10-21, 05:14 PM in reply to Brylin's post "Nice Host"
Yeah, im just saying, do your homework, get supporters, get people to help you, have a decent website, and most importantly, HAVE DECENT SUPPORT...everybody loves a host who actually replies to the millions of e-mails the send every second becasue they can't get php code right to work with mysql...... also, people enjoy having a control panel to run their site, that's gunna cost a bit for a cpanel or plesk or ensim license :-P

Edit: 

also note, by giving a 1 year plan for someone who donates is... STUPID, since people will expect you to have stupid cheap stuff all the time, which will drive you in the hole even more... because then you'll have tons of accounts, no space to hsot it on, therefor u need to up your resellers plan, which you won't have the money to pay for since there is no money coming in monthly :-D

Last edited by Oreo; 2003-10-21 at 05:21 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Oreo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenOreo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Oreo

Posted 2003-10-21, 05:36 PM in reply to Brylin's post "Nice Host"
Well I'd try the free one out... Heh... Do you have DNS with top level domain support?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2003-10-21, 05:39 PM in reply to Brylin's post "Nice Host"
hmm, lol im not the smart one. I own it and all but my friend helps with this kind of stuff
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Brylin

Posted 2003-10-21, 05:40 PM in reply to Brylin's post "Nice Host"
Well ask him the next time you get in contact... Hehe and I assume the standard FTP and stuff will be there also?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-10-21, 05:42 PM in reply to Brylin's post "Nice Host"
yes it will
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Brylin

Posted 2003-10-21, 05:42 PM in reply to Brylin's post "Nice Host"
Sounds cool... Get back to me on the DNS stuff
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-10-21, 05:49 PM in reply to Brylin's post "Nice Host"
Randuin, i wouldn't do it... it sounds as if he has no control panel support, which is WORTHLESS... especially if you want top level domain support :-P
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Oreo

Posted 2003-10-21, 05:49 PM in reply to Brylin's post "Nice Host"
http://xcontroller.cpaneldemos.com:2...oller/sql.html

my control panel

or what ill have lol this is just a demo
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Brylin

Posted 2003-10-21, 05:50 PM in reply to Brylin's post "Nice Host"
yeah, i see that it's cpanel, but.... does your reseller offer you cpanel to use on your reseller account. Some resellers just give the admin a control panel, and the customers get crap
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Oreo

Posted 2003-10-21, 05:51 PM in reply to Brylin's post "Nice Host"
yea
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Brylin

Posted 2003-10-21, 05:52 PM in reply to Brylin's post "Nice Host"
Like i said earlier tho, if your running this off a $20 account, it sounds like your reseller is shit.. >_<

Edit: 

also alot of people don't use paypal for stuff like that... altho alot do, there's still a rather large amount who would rather pay by credit card.... other than means of paypal. And if you do that, you need a SSL certificate... and those cost money too :-D

Edit: 

How old are you? just curious...

Also, the plans aren't balanced.. >_< that's bad too...

Last edited by Oreo; 2003-10-21 at 05:56 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Oreo

Posted 2003-10-21, 05:57 PM in reply to Brylin's post "Nice Host"
Or he just got the lowest crappy account he could get... hehe
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-10-21, 06:02 PM in reply to Brylin's post "Nice Host"
Which means he's going to be in a world of financial butt rapings.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Oreo

Posted 2003-10-21, 06:15 PM in reply to Brylin's post "Nice Host"
I wish I had a domain name, then I could actually do free hosting stuff.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-10-21, 06:18 PM in reply to Brylin's post "Nice Host"
it's not that hard, get 10-12 bucks, get a credit/debit card and register one
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Oreo

Posted 2003-10-21, 06:22 PM in reply to Brylin's post "Nice Host"
How does domain name allow you to do free hosting?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin