Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Post A story...
Posted 2008-05-14, 01:51 AM
This is a story based in the Megaman X universe. It takes place somewhere after the 3rd or 4th game, but instead of the 5th-whatever number its at now. It was originally going to be a script for a comic or a flash thing, but it kinda flowed into a story. It is 7 and a half pages long, and is one of my longest stories, although it isn't finished, I doubt it ever will be.

Zero's Rebirth
Zero retreats, badly damaged, to a secluded lab. Lab is mostly destroyed from frequent and recent Reploid assault. His usual capsule is smashed. He has one other alternative, the life support system. He laughs at the irony. He removes his chest plate armor and begins hooking himself up to the device. After the main power supply and the main CPU/processor linkage are connected, the rest is automated by mechanical arms attached to the system. The hum of the computers and hydraulic fluid is all that echoes throughout the lab. He quickly programs a "sleep cycle" to recharge his systems and allow his self repair systems to do their work for one week. That should be enough time to get up tho speed enough to help X finish this fight. Or at least hope to finish it soon. He can't even remember when he started fighting this war. Time seems to have been a big blur. His many "deaths" and ressurections doesn't help much. He engages the cycle program and slowly leans back into a sort of half bed, half chair thing. The rooms' doors, a full 2 inches of titanium, seal shut, only to be opened by passcode upon his awakening. The room also recedes into the ground, as an added safety precaution against air raids or large explosions at ground level. He feels his consciousness slip away slowly. Finally some rest that isn't death. He removes his helmet so as to better rest his head into the partitioned form in the bed. He finally slips into "sleep" mode.

3 days after Zero's dissaperance and X is already worried. You would think that what with Zero dying and being out of comission for months at a time would make this nothing. But at least he knew where Zero was before. Now he had no clue. What if he had died and X wasn't there to collect the peices? Where as X always picked up Zero's physical peices, Zero would always pick up X's emotional peices. X was designed to make choices, and he always chose to not fight. Always. Always? Then why was he fighting now? To save Earth from destruction, of course. Or has it just become a natural part of him now? He has been fighting for so long. Why did he have to fight? Why did HE have to fight? There are plenty of other members of his faction that could handle what he does. What makes him better prepared for this? Maybe he was MEANT to fight! Why else would he have been built with weapons? It's not like a welder or a flashlight or something beneficial to mankind. No. It's a plasma buster cannon. A CANNON! Since when were cannons meant to help people? Now he really wished Zero was here. He was thinking too much, and Zero always had answers to his questions.

His train of thought was suddenly interrupted when a loud buzzer started going off. Alia's voice came over the loud speaker: "X, there is a large collection of mavericks at the old damaged warehouse!"
X:"What's the coordinates?"
Alia:"...it... why would they be there?"
X:"What is it?"
Alia:"It's... the late Dr. Wily's abandoned base..."
X:"Maybe they are looking for Sigma..."
Alia:"But why would they look there, Wily didn't build Sigma?"
X:"I'll go check it out then..."
X then steps into the transport beam and inputs the coordinates. Just as he is transported, Alia remembers the reploid discovered there: Zero! Should she say something to X, or not tell him yet? Maybe it has nothing to do with Zero. Perhaps... she will make a judgement depending on what he discovers there.

X arrives and finds Grenade Ape and a platoon of lower drones including Metools, bomb-bots, and other mining robots.
X:"Hey, what are you doing here? What are you looking for?"
Grenade Ape:"Wouldn't you like to know..."
X:"Enough games, I'll turn you to scrap if you don't tell me!"
Grenade Ape:"Then have it your way. DRONES...ATTACK!!!"

As the battle escalates, X uses his power reserve and one weapons reserve. Upon finishing of the last drone, he squares up with Grenade Ape.

Grenade Ape:"Grrr...Y'know, you are quite lucky today."
X:"Oh? and why is that?"
Grenade Ape:"Because all the computers are running, and Sigma has given specific orders not to damage them whilst I search for his newest weapon."
X:"Sigma!?!? He's alive?"
Grenade Ape:"In a manner of speaking, yes."
X:"Then that means I must stop you from uncovering that weapon!"
Grenade Ape:"Unfortunately, I am also given orders that you are not to uncover the weapon."
X:"Then it stays under this rubble forever!"
Grenade Ape:"I can't have that..."

With that statement, Grenade Ape swings at X. They exchange blows back and forth, destroying walls and tearing the remains apart. X uses another energy reserve, and gets the upper hand against Grenade Ape.

Ape warns X:"If you don't leave, I'll blow the whole place sky high!"
X:"Not if I defeat you!"

X throws Grenade Ape through a wall, into a large room. The computers seem to be in full function here. Both X and Grenade Ape stare in awe, Grenade Ape using a nearby control panel to raise himself to his feet. As he rises he pushes a button. A hiss is heard from the western wall. Both look to see what lays beyond the smoke and dust. Just then X looks into the center console and sees a familiar silhouette. It seems Wily was studying Zero...His attention is again drawn to the western wall as lights flicker and a buzzing sound emanates from a single pod device. Inside resides a robot that bears striking resemblance to X.

Grenade Ape: "That's it! Sigma's newest weapon... Bass..."

Grenade Ape:"!?! What are you doing?"

X stands, buster charged and aiming at the capsule.

X:"If Sigma wants it, it must be evil!"

The capsule glass slides up. The robot's eyes glow a deep purple. X's buster charges even more, the barrel glowing red hot. Grenade Ape steps in between Bass and X just as he fires. The over-charged blast sends him into the capsule.

Grenade Ape:"...*gasp*... *grunt* ... I'll not let you have it... resorting to plan 'B'..."

X stands back as Grenade Ape prepares for his designated task.

Grenade Ape:"I'll make the blast strong enough to level the whole ruins!"

Grenade Ape gathers the energy inside himself. As the energy builds he leans forward, and whispers his last words, "I shall not fail you master..."

With that, his levels go critical. He begins to glow a faint yellow. Bass suddenly lurches forward, arms outstretched. Pain encased in his semi-metallic scream the reverberates throughout the base, shaking the ground. X barely escapes teleporting back to HQ while Grenade Ape's attention was on Bass. Then Grenade Ape explodes with the force of an atomic bomb, leveling the ruins and obliterating Bass, the computers and all the years of history.

Zero continues to sleep, unaware of the battle that just took place overhead. Most of the computers spark and fail, causing a loss of power. Back up generator starts up using minimal amount of energy to keep Zero alive for as long as it takes him to wake up or is discovered. Unfortunately, the cycle computer was fried, and no one knows where he is. So he lays dormant... underground... in a permanent state of standby...

Yeah, I'll post the second part tomorrow or something...
Anyways, hope you enjoy. I think it has just enough cheesey dialogue to make it almost seem authentic. I also think you can see where it fluctuates from script to story. All this and the other 2 pages were written inside a 2 hour period in the middle of the night one night.
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003