Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

d2 not connecting
Posted 2006-08-16, 04:42 PM
d2 not connecting. why why why?!
it freezes on the connecting to faster server box. any answers?!

**side notes

i use norton
i believe i have put d2 on exception list but it still isnt connecting
my ISP is advantek
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2006-08-16, 05:00 PM in reply to Kazilla's post "d2 not connecting"
Restart your computer.
Then try again..

If it still doesn't work, I'd start worrying.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-08-17, 05:47 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Restart your computer. Then try..."
i just remembered something. i cant connect to battle.net on any game. i used to play wc3 but then when i couldnt connect anymore i stopped. they both freeze at the same location too.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2006-08-17, 10:28 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "i just remembered something. i cant..."
If it was just a connecting problem, I'd say either firewall, crappy connection, some other stupid software problem or maybe even an IP ban. But, the freezing makes me think your comp can't handle it. Make sure you meet the minimum specs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
wilma is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenwilma is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

wilma

Posted 2006-08-18, 12:25 AM in reply to wilma's post starting "If it was just a connecting problem,..."
And if you dont prompty purchase a new computer because d2 is old as shit..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-08-18, 03:33 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "And if you dont prompty purchase a new..."
my comp can handle it. i got a dell XPS 400 -- it doesnt really freeze persay it just kinda sits there continuously trying to connect. i tried restarting it and it dont work.

you said IP ban? that would mean my ip is banned and not my account right? is there anyway to check this?

guess im stuck with single player and ill just test out builds for my friend that sucks...anyone know any trainers for the latest patch?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2006-08-18, 07:14 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "my comp can handle it. i got a dell XPS..."
Kazilla said:

you said IP ban? that would mean my ip is banned and not my account right? is there anyway to check this?
Yeah. PM me your acct name, realm , and password. I'll check it out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2006-08-19, 04:07 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Yeah. PM me your acct name, realm ,..."
har har

anywho. i can access my account from a different computer. just not mine. my girlie just bought d2, so ima try her cd-key and see if that would work for me.

if it is an IP ban. how can i change this? or fix it? or whatever i need to do so i can play again.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2006-08-19, 09:57 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "har har anywho. i can access my..."
Why do you think im kidding?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2006-08-20, 11:35 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Why do you think im kidding?"
no, but i dont know how you would check what i cant
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2006-08-21, 08:10 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "no, but i dont know how you would check..."
I misread your post. nvm >_<
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2006-08-21, 02:54 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I misread your post. nvm >_<"
ok i know a couple of things that could possibly be wrong

1. my firewall
2. my router?
3. ip ban (wasnt this referred to as realm down a while back?)
4. my isp

i have norton security center, and a lynksus(sp) router. im on wireless internet called advantek.

if any of you know how to add exceptions / open ports. or tests i can do to figure this out, it would all be greatly appreciated.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla