Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion

Zelaron needs an overhaul
Posted 2012-03-08, 04:08 PM
I got bored so I thought of some suggestions. Looking for input.

Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion
- Get rid of New World Order

Introduce Yourself
- Rename to Member Introductions

The Symposium
- Rename to General Discussion. Merge all the subforums

Science and Art
- Merge the sub forums. With current activity there is no need for individual forums for news, tech, and math help.

New Forum Suggestion
- Anime and Manga. Bring it back please. There is a decent sized fanbase I'm willing to spend time to bring new content to it.

Flame Forum
- Keep the same.

Video Games
- Change to General Gaming. This will allow people to post about anything from pokemon cards, magic the gathering, or monopoly along the posts about Skyrim and any other games out there.

Diablo Series
- Merge all the forums. A sticky can be made of all important topics like d2 bot info and such.

Starcraft Forums
- Probably wont be very active, but If we post news about the upcoming second expansion to starcraft 2 we can get some new signups.

World of Warcraft Forums
- Split into Discussion Forum and Maybe an Auction House. Have an option for people to sign up to use zelaron as their guild forum hosting.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2012-03-08, 04:21 PM in reply to Sovereign's post "Zelaron needs an overhaul"
Call of duty forums!!!

Change the name of the forums from "Zelaron Gaming Network" to "Zelaron Gaming Forums"

I can do SEO for us for free if you want.

I just did an analysis for SEO on Zelaron, and it's fucking terrible. No wonder we're not getting any good traffic or new members.

For the least part, change the SERP title and description from:

Zelaron
This is a cool place to hang out and talk about computers, computer games, and life

To:

Zelaron Gaming Forums
Zelaron Gaming Forums is one of the best forums for video games, computer games, and any other gaming discussion.

Since this is a gaming forum, we're trying to target the "Gaming Forums" keyword. When someone searches "gaming forums" on Google, Yahoo, etc. Zelaron will not show up AT ALL because the keyword is no where to be found in the SERP title or description the way it is now.

I'm pretty sure if you change just that we'll see alot more people in here, this forum is aged and shouldn't have a problem with popping up within the Top 10 results for that search phrase.

I'll write up some more tips later. I'm at work right now.

Last edited by kaos; 2012-03-08 at 04:42 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2012-03-08, 05:05 PM in reply to Sovereign's post "Zelaron needs an overhaul"
We need an active admin to even begin doing all of this, alas, and whilst Chruser and WW visit most days, I get the impression that they only drop by to check on things.

Either way, though, a bit of a refresh may do some good for a while. Disturb the mud at the bottom of the pond, as it were, which should give us some activity before everything settles again.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2012-03-08, 07:23 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "We need an active admin to even begin..."
I certainly don't have time. I barely keep up with my studies. This semester is brutal.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2012-03-08, 08:27 PM in reply to Sovereign's post "Zelaron needs an overhaul"
Sovereign said: [Goto]
New Forum Suggestion
- Anime and Manga. Bring it back please. There is a decent sized fanbase I'm willing to spend time to bring new content to it.
This would be an easy way to keep me out of regular conversation. I would spend soooo much time here, just giving reviews.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2012-03-08, 09:25 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I certainly don't have time. I barely..."
What about during the summer?

How hard would it be to make these changes? Do you need to rewrite the code of the website or does vbulletin have some easy forum creator sort of thing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2012-03-09, 05:05 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "What about during the summer? How..."
There's a forum manager in the Mod CP. Whilst we can see it as SupMods, the only thing we can use it for is to post announcements at the top of each forum.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2012-03-09, 08:02 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "What about during the summer? How..."
Creating and nameing forums is easy enough; merging forums is a bit more work. Mostly I meant I don't have time to actually manage the forum.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2012-03-09, 01:06 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Creating and nameing forums is easy..."
I vote for Sovereign, Lenny, or KA to be Admin while you guys are taking a break. They're on here enough :P.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2012-03-09, 02:03 PM in reply to kaos's post starting "I vote for Sovereign, Lenny, or KA to..."
I agree. I pretty much already consider them admins, anyway, personally.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2012-03-09, 02:45 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I agree. I pretty much already consider..."
I think we should make everyone but Skurai an admin.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-03-09, 07:56 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I think we should make everyone but..."
I second that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kaos

Posted 2012-03-10, 08:50 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I think we should make everyone but..."
Can I be a Super Mod, then?
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2012-03-10, 03:21 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Can I be a Super Mod, then? :o"
No...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2012-03-10, 03:43 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "No..."
I still say make him mod of the trash can, but make it the only forum he can see. We can start calling him Oscar.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-03-10, 09:07 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I still say make him mod of the trash..."
Oscar? What?
And all honesty, I wouldn't mind being a mod in the lounge. It's pretty much the only place I post, anyway.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2012-03-10, 09:26 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Oscar? What? And all honesty, I..."
Skurai said: [Goto]
Oscar? What?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-03-11, 10:40 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20..."
Oh! He was my favorite, when I was little.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2012-03-11, 03:52 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Oh! He was my favorite, when I was..."
Thread locked due to faggotry. PM me with good ideas and I will add them to this thread.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2012-03-13, 06:11 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Thread locked due to faggotry. PM me..."
D3V said:
Alright here's a few things I'd like to add

-Thumbs up/Thumbs down of each individual post/reply

-Integration of Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, etc etc (sharing of stories more easily/integrated)

-Fix the YouTube posting method.

-Delete unnecessary forums (you mentioned most of them)

-Zelaron mobile site? -Future members would want easy access. This site has been around for 10 years and hasn't really changed at all. Good/bad?

-Revamp the entire portal. The idea is fantastic, the implementation is soft though.
After we get a few more ideas from whatever active members we have, this thread will get unlocked for discussion.

Just a heads up, any spam or bullshit posts will get a minimum 72 hour ban.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign