Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

Post 25 Basic Computer Tips
Posted 2003-09-27, 08:14 PM
#1: Check for New Graphics Drivers
#2: ALWAYS Make Emergency Disks
#3: Drive Defragmenters - Not All The Same
#4: Clean Your Computer
#5: Network Administrator? Set Up a Software Server
#6: Converting Files Between Word Processors?
#7: Increase Laptop Performance and Use Less Power?
#8: Computer Parts - Keep a Spare Item
#9: CD Care
#10: Keystrokes and Message Boxes
#11: Year 2000 Issues with Windows, Microsoft Products
#12: Check the Size of Your Expansion Cards
#13: Sound Recording Problems
#14: Test Out Keyboards!
#15: Don't Make the Computer Case Claustrophobic
#16: COM Ports
#17: General Computers - What Are .CHK Files?
#18: Increase Scanner Results with Black
#19: Directory - Path - Folder ... What Is It?
#20: Backing Up Only One Folder
#21: Software Server Revisited
#22: Video Cards and Memory
#23: Scanning Resolution Questions
#24: Useful Hayes Commands
#25: Save Your Work Often

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2003-09-27, 08:16 PM in reply to D3V's post "25 Basic Computer Tips"
NUMBER ONE TIP: Never buy microsoft software
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2003-09-27, 08:40 PM in reply to D3V's post "25 Basic Computer Tips"
i disagree with #2......sometimes the comp will crasha nd have you format when system disk fux up
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2003-09-27, 09:19 PM in reply to D3V's post "25 Basic Computer Tips"
What the fuck? That list makes no sense.

Obviously you copied it from a site and didn't even notice that those aren't the tips..

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2003-09-27, 09:21 PM in reply to D3V's post "25 Basic Computer Tips"
Rofl, your right. Now that i have had time to read ALL of them, ive noticed that a good deal of them are questions with no answers. loley
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2003-09-28, 04:26 AM in reply to D3V's post "25 Basic Computer Tips"
Ah geze here we go again..

OK IF YOU WOULD FUCKING READ IT, The questions are reffering to make sure your shit is in order, I guess I should have made a dummy copy for all of the completly computer illiterates, ****COUGH ADRENACHROME***** And Yes I did copy it from a website, so fucking what, I'm just trying ot be helpful.

Exactly.... How can you say those aren't BASIC computer tips. I didn't say on or in your computer, just basic comptuer tips, the only one that doesn't make sense is #19.

So please, keep your flames out of the help forum, your a moderator, you should know that by now!

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2003-09-28, 04:28 AM in reply to D3V's post "25 Basic Computer Tips"
I didnt see him flaming. He was just wondering how you got that information. It does seem weird that a list has questions in it. I dunno, maybe its just me
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2003-09-28, 04:31 AM in reply to D3V's post "25 Basic Computer Tips"
They aren't tips, they are more like tip headers. A real tip would be a full sentence with a moderate amount of explanation. People who need basic computer tips don't know what the fuck a COM port is or how to setup software servers.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2003-09-28, 11:02 AM in reply to D3V's post "25 Basic Computer Tips"
Actually, none of these are tips.
#6: Converting Files Between Word Processors?
#7: Increase Laptop Performance and Use Less Power?
#10: Keystrokes and Message Boxes
#11: Year 2000 Issues with Windows, Microsoft Products
#13: Sound Recording Problems
#16: COM Ports
#17: General Computers - What Are .CHK Files?
#19: Directory - Path - Folder ... What Is It?
#21: Software Server Revisited
#22: Video Cards and Memory
#23: Scanning Resolution Questions
#24: Useful Hayes Commands

And this one is actually something not to do.
#20: Backing Up Only One Folder
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-09-28, 11:03 PM in reply to D3V's post "25 Basic Computer Tips"
I can see some good tips but others are useless and doesn't explain a thing
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2003-09-29, 06:55 PM in reply to D3V's post "25 Basic Computer Tips"
If you mods don't fucking like it, CLOSE IT! If its not helpful to you what-so-ever, DON't read it. Who cares? You say that this thread doesn't mean anything to you and its stupid, well it obviously does because you have to go through and make your own comments about it.

CLOSE THIS FUCKING THREAD, please do, I don't wanna have to spam to make somebody close it.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2003-09-29, 06:57 PM in reply to D3V's post "25 Basic Computer Tips"
Not only would that make them close it...chances are theyd ban you for it to. Now calm down...... people like giving you hard time. Stop over reacting.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2003-09-29, 07:17 PM in reply to D3V's post "25 Basic Computer Tips"
We're trying to read it because we want to say something in return, a comment or add-on to help this community grow. Saying it's completely useless is also a comment, I say threads are useless all the time (Do a fucking search). Now go home and come back when you're through with your PMS
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2003-09-29, 07:45 PM in reply to D3V's post "25 Basic Computer Tips"
Your saying I have pms, I was just tryin to help, I read the first few tips, figured they'd be somewhat helpful, paste em on over to Zel. Then after that like 15 people had negative comments about it, wtf?

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2003-09-29, 09:01 PM in reply to D3V's post "25 Basic Computer Tips"
...because it's not helpful.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-09-29, 09:12 PM in reply to D3V's post "25 Basic Computer Tips"
Get the fuck out of here.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2003-09-29, 09:28 PM in reply to D3V's post "25 Basic Computer Tips"
Enough! The main point of it all, and the quest for you to redeem yourself.

Fix it, I'll slpit it and it will be over, I think it's a good idea, and should be done better.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2003-09-30, 01:33 PM in reply to D3V's post "25 Basic Computer Tips"
CLOSE IT!!

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2003-10-01, 06:19 AM in reply to D3V's post "25 Basic Computer Tips"
lol, dont get angry because you made a dumb post and people told you so... and if you plan on copying and pasting give credit... I agree with d3v, close it...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez