Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Steam summer sale
Posted 2016-06-24, 08:21 PM
It would be faster and simpler to mug me, because this is going to hurt...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2016-06-24, 09:46 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Steam summer sale"
Managed to only spend $75... The worst are games that I've finished, remember fondly and thought I'd never see again. I want to buy them so bad...

In case anyone cares:
FFXIII -- all three of them
The Longest Journey + Dreamfall
Clannad
Metal Gear Rising
Transistor
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2016-06-24, 09:57 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Managed to only spend $75... The worst..."
I use PayPal for Steam purchases. And yeah, my wishlist is another matter entirely.

What's the point of the trading cards? I've always just turned them into gems since they expire, but I don't really know the point of that, either.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2016-06-24, 09:59 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I use PayPal for Steam purchases. And..."
WetWired said: [Goto]
Managed to only spend $75 so far...

FTFY. Also, trading card drops for queue exploration is pure evil.

Fortunately, I don't have any remaining funds in my Steam wallet, and I've managed to be too lazy to add my new credit card to Steam for quite some time. I estimate a 50% chance that I'll make it through the sale without any purchases as a result. That said, Grim Fandango Remastered is very tempting, since I've never played the original one. As for fondly remembered games, I'll probably be in trouble if Fallout Classics Collection gets more than 40% off...
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2016-06-24, 10:01 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "FTFY. Also, trading card drops for..."
Thanks, now I look like I'm talking to myself...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2016-06-24, 10:03 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I use PayPal for Steam purchases. And..."
WetWired said: [Goto]
What's the point of the trading cards? I've always just turned them into gems since they expire, but I don't really know the point of that, either.

The summer/winter/etc sale trading cards are similar to regular trading cards with a few exceptions, mainly the expiration date you mentioned, and that there isn't (usually) a level cap on the badges you can craft with them.

(If you were asking about trading cards in general, the badges you craft will let you gain levels. Each level increases your friend cap by 5 (up to 2000), and every 10th level gives you a nice showcase for your profile page.)

Gems can be sold on the community market, or be used to create booster packs, each of which gives you three trading cards for a specific game.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram

Last edited by Chruser; 2016-06-24 at 10:08 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2016-06-24, 10:07 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "The summer/winter/etc sale trading..."
I don't think I've even messed with my profile page. I didn't even have a full profile until I created a second account for loaning Space Engineers to friends.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2016-06-25, 10:12 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I don't think I've even messed with my..."
I'm happy I'm currently not playing any games that I load through steam because I'm pretty sure if I did I would spend way more money then I really need to right now. I got overwatch recently and that was enough money spent on games for a year.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2016-06-25, 07:48 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "I'm happy I'm currently not playing any..."
Yeah, I don't normally buy many games, but bored restlessness plus ridiculous deals equals binge buying.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2016-06-26, 01:19 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Yeah, I don't normally buy many games,..."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2016-06-27, 09:23 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "http://img.memecdn.com/jesus-its-what-ya..."
BORKED
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser