Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

SouthPark vs Muslim Extremists Controversy
Posted 2010-04-26, 02:55 PM
Well if any of you keep up with SouthPark you might already be aware of the 200th episode that aired a week and a half ago. The 201st episode aired this previous Wednesday but was filled with additional censors and bleeps from Comedy Central.

As of now, the video still cannot be streamed online, and here is the statement:

SouthPark Studios said:
We apologize that South Park Studios cannot stream episode 201 at this time. After we delivered the show, and prior to broadcast, Comedy Central placed numerous additional audio bleeps throughout the episode. We do not have network approval to stream our original version of the show. We will bring you a version of 201 as soon as we can." So there you have it, I guess. The bleeps were added after the fact and against the show's wishes—which really makes you wonder what was being said in that last scene. Hopefully we'll have more clarification on this later
Matt Parker and Trey Stone interviewed about the episode here:
BORKED

I personally saw the 200th episode which is the first half of the two part story. I actually found it to be very clever as usual, and pretty insightful to the hypocracy of what's going on with censorship, and the muslim extremists. Not only has South Park made fun of other religions in audaciously offensive ways (Buddah snorts a line in the 200th episode) that the fact Comedy Central is caving into these violence threats are absolutely stupid.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...51-504083.html

Quote:
Updates on South Park 201 Episode Censorship Issues – The controversial tv show South Park is still getting its limelights today with its issue of censorship in its story line while airing at the television.

The Episode entitled “201” that involves the Prophet Muhammad which was shown last Wednesday live at the Comedy Central gave an issue and afterwards an image blocks reading “CENSORED”.

This was due to a warning given by a Muslim group to the creator of the shows that they could have faced a big problem for depicting the Holy Islamic prophet.

Afterwards, the new episode of “South Park” on Wednesday night tried to revisit this character, but with the name and depiction of the character blocked out.

“After we delivered the show, and prior to broadcast, Comedy Central placed numerous additional audio bleeps throughout the episode. We do not have network approval to stream our original version of the show.”

On the other hand, the day after the showing date, Thursday morning, a spokesman for Comedy Central confirmed that the network had added more bleeps to the episode than were in the cut delivered by South Park Studios, and that it was not giving permission for the episode to run on the studio’s Web site.
Where we are at now. South Park's fans got angry that Revolutionmuslim.com posted these 'death threats' that they hacked the site within 24 hours of them being posted. You can take a look at it for yourself, I'm sure it's still down or being mirrored elsewhere. (THANKS /b TARDS)

What do you feel about this situation? Should Comedy Central have bowed down to the extremist views? Should the person(s) responsible for the threats against the show's creators be charged with anything?

It's a mess that still hasn't been sorted out, and here we are almost another week later with nothing have been changed.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-04-26, 07:06 PM in reply to D3V's post "SouthPark vs Muslim Extremists..."
Does it count as being racist that they took the threats seriously? I mean, if you follow a line, it kind of does.
I say "air it again. and again. and AGAIN." if anything.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2010-04-26, 07:53 PM in reply to D3V's post "SouthPark vs Muslim Extremists..."
Actually they weren't hacked. www.revolutionislam.com was the original site, which was taken down shortly after the threats. revolutionmuslim.com was put up to make fun of them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hayduke is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenHayduke is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hayduke

Posted 2010-04-27, 09:01 AM in reply to Hayduke's post starting "Actually they weren't hacked...."
Quote:
Revolution Islam, Website Of Group That Threatened Comedy Central, Is Hacked
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_549361.html

http://current.com/news/92398785_rev...acked-epic.htm

http://gawker.com/5522966/south-park...slamic-website

http://www.internationalfreepresssoc...park-creators/

Skurai said:
Does it count as being racist that they took the threats seriously?
Religions do not count as races.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-04-27, 01:50 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/23..."
Exactly! So what fucking site is it? All these media story's have the names mixed up, going back and forth.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hayduke is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenHayduke is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hayduke

Posted 2010-04-27, 02:12 PM in reply to Hayduke's post starting "Exactly! So what fucking site is it?..."
I went on revolutionmuslim.com about 2 weeks ago (right after the threats were made) and it was a legitimate website with Van Gogh's dead corpse displayed on the website. Since that time it has been hacked.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-04-27, 08:15 PM in reply to Hayduke's post starting "Exactly! So what fucking site is it?..."
Now, why exactly are they so pissed, again? Is it because they didn't show Muhammad, or because they showed Muhammad not being shown? Infact, if they're so darn faithful that they make threats, why the fuck are they watching South Park??? I mean, I watch it, so not to be a hypocrite... but, I didn't make any threats when Jesus and Satan boxed. I didn't like it, but I didn't rage about.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2010-04-28, 09:27 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Now, why exactly are they so pissed,..."
Because they're extremists. They're stupid. They let their blind hatred and rage completely throw common sense out the window. They showed him in a 'bear suit' in the first episode, and apparently that outraged them. I don't understand why there hasn't been anything done yet legally. I'm pretty sure death threats don't qualify under freedom of speech.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-04-28, 10:33 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Because they're extremists. They're..."
I won't even get started on why the censorship was stupid because it would take too much time. However, if you still want to watch the episode you can go to http://www.stansdad.com - I looked last night and it was still up.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM

Posted 2010-04-28, 07:29 PM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "I won't even get started on why the..."
Praise Allah, and let this video STAY up.

As for the bear suit. Lol, pedobear.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2010-04-29, 09:02 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Praise Allah, and let this video STAY..."
The message on thier studio's website now says that due to contractual obligations, they cannot stream the episode until 05.22.10

weak

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-04-29, 09:34 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "The message on thier studio's website..."
Has anything like this ever happened before, with South Park? I mean, it's a pretty controversial show, right? This can't be the only time it pissed off a bunch of people who didn't have the right to be pissed.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2010-04-30, 08:54 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Has anything like this ever happened..."
Not as far as I know. They've had additional censorships placed upon the episodes that have aired on Comedy Central, but the online stream of the shows. They don't even technically have rights to air their own episode online until the current season is up, which is ridiculous. The entire message of the show was pointing out how absurd it was to censor religious figures and people shouldn't be afraid to exercise their right to freedom of speech. And they ironically got their show censored. Fail.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-04-30, 08:20 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Not as far as I know. They've had..."
Exactly. From the way it sounds, if I was an Islam, I'd have thanked South Park.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai