Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Cool RPG Maker vs Game Maker
Posted 2004-09-19, 03:32 AM
Honestly,I think RPG Maker is best,it specefies deeply into a game,
and Game Maker seperates into different games,and it ends up into tiny pieces,if you know what I mean...RPG Maker isn't that flexible,but makes
the whole,and Game Maker breaks into pieces for being that ambicious.
They tried to make it big,but they had to cut some things to put another
things,that's why most of the different varieties in Game Maker just
... suck ...
Whoa...I didn't even understand myself(AWSM,I think it's the second time
in all of History that this happens.The first one was when Einstein said
E=MC2.I think it's E=MC2...or something like that....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Big R is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBig R is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Big R

Posted 2004-09-19, 04:25 AM in reply to Big R's post "RPG Maker vs Game Maker"
Gamemaker is just bad. RPGMaker gives you lots of different options to do.......things, whereas Gamemaker......doesn't.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2004-09-19, 11:12 AM in reply to Big R's post "RPG Maker vs Game Maker"
RPG Maker = Makes RPGs
Game Maker = Makes Games (other than RPGs)

=====

Can't really compare the two - they're for completely different things. And I'm more of a fan of Game Factory than Game Maker...

Last edited by BlueCube; 2004-09-19 at 11:15 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2004-09-19, 11:13 AM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "RPG Maker = Makes RPGs Game Maker =..."
Game factory? Never heard of it. What's it do? Relative of Game Maker???

Anyway, you can make non-rpg games on rpg maker, you've got to fiddle about but it works.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2004-09-19, 11:21 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Game factory? Never heard of it. What's..."
You CAN, but it's an absolute waste of time and effort (and the RPG engine). When the only thing in RPG Maker that you're using is the variables, switches, and the ability to "Move Picture", then it's time to pick a different game designer.

Here's the link to The Games Factory - http://www.clickteam.com/English/tgf.htm

It's pretty decent.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2004-09-19, 11:25 AM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "You CAN, but it's an absolute waste of..."
BlueCube said:
You CAN, but it's an absolute waste of time and effort (and the RPG engine). When the only thing in RPG Maker that you're using is the variables, switches, and the ability to "Move Picture", then it's time to pick a different game designer.

True. True. But it can be done. Like my crazy role playing theory things. Also, take the Four Books of Lenny......... (no-ones replied to the post yet. I feel sad. BOO-HOO), that's more, non-rpg than rpg, but I think would still make a pretty decent game if designed well enough.

If you havn't read the post, please do. Any tips are welcome.

About Game Factory, before I try it out etc. what are the graphics, system etc. like? Easy to use???
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2004-09-19, 05:28 PM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "You CAN, but it's an absolute waste of..."
Im downloading it as we speak.

Hope its good, btw BC if you need something done within my abilities, let me know.

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2004-09-20, 01:35 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "Im downloading it as we speak. Hope..."
Eh, here's a quick game I threw together a while back. Basically everything was ripped straight from Mario, except for some random things.

The second level boss is from some old Lego game I used to play with my brother. This boss would make perfect sense if you knew the rules of that game, but since you don't: To defeat the boss you basically have to stand still and hope that it killls itself. If you jump, you're probably going to jump into a bullet.. If you absolutely, positively hate that boss, you can skip it with the password "WOOT".

Don't lose all of your lives, or you'll have to start over.. (well, on the third level if you use the "WOOT" password, or on the 6th if you use "ICEY") The last level (9) isn't finished, so if you reach a level with a green background, that's it.

-----

Use the left shift to jump, arrow keys to move around..

----

It's packaged in a way that you need the .GAM file in the same directory for it to work. You can package it all in one file, but then you guys couldn't edit it..

Edit: 
Removed attachment, my next post has the working one. Oops.

Last edited by BlueCube; 2004-09-20 at 05:45 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

BlueCube

Posted 2004-09-20, 03:00 PM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "Eh, here's a quick game I threw..."
It doesn't work, I have it in the folder with the .GAM.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2004-09-20, 04:19 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "It doesn't work, I have it in the..."
Tyrannicide said:
It doesn't work, I have it in the folder with the .GAM.
Odd, guess I'll try again.
Attached Files
File Type: zip AreaMan.zip (437.4 KB, 11 views)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

BlueCube

Posted 2004-09-20, 04:52 PM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "Odd, guess I'll try again."
It workes and it is pretty good BC, but than again what do you expect? If it's made by BC, it must be atleast ok....yes I am just ranting now...goodbye.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Tyrannicide