Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Wink New Game,perhaps...
Posted 2004-09-12, 03:40 AM
Hey,I am considering about making a game for RM2003,could you tell me what
you think of this?

The title for the game is Ronin.Ronin means a samurai that is now
one Samurai without honor.A samurai becomes a ronin when its master is defeated by another master.

The outcasts,warriors that were banned for trying to conquer the country
defeated his master.He was the best Samurai in the country.Then,when
the outcasts return leaded by a demon,the Emperor sends him in a mission
to destroy the demon.He controls an entire battalion,in some parts of the game,in anothers he goes alone or with people he enconters along the way...
Defend Cities,conquer a tower,sneak past the enemy troops and all this in one of three continents,plus,help a monastery(optional)and gain a new ally.
Go through mazes and traps,explore an Island,escape the mermaids songs,
fight Dragons(they test you,you don't really kill them),go through the Desert sands,find a hidden temple(optional),find a well in the desert(a well in the desert!?!?),go to a flying City,destroy a Tree(optional),destroy some ships,recapturate a village,kill some kobolds/goblins in their lairs,
venture deep into the earth,gain bigger armies to finally kill the demon and restore peace to your country.

And if I make this game I'll also make Ronin II:Ascension

I just need help in how to make appear on the screen: Made by:,or Ronin.

-----------------------------

What I was trying to say,lenny,is that I don't now how to make an Intro.
After the start menu(new game,load game,exit)when you click new game appears something like( A Game Made By: ),and then it shows the name of
the game( Ronin ). Oh,and if you want more details about Ronin or Ronin II,
just post saying you'd like to know more about the game.

----------------------------

Now,what on my story looks like « The Last Samurai » ?

----------------------------

Well,I've decided to tell you somethings I have reserved to Ronin II,Lenny and anyone else that's reading this.

Be an Emperor(neat,isn't it?),loose your tittle(nothing lasts forever)...
and regain it again (again???decide yourself !)Persue thieves,be one of them,
desguise yourself in a monastery,be the thief leader,save the monastery,kill
the trone ursurper and get into your own castle(killing guards,freeing slaves,etc...).Try to visit the flying city(new party member),the snow city (new party member) and the sand town (new party member).

Oh,and in Ronin II you get to receive Exp points for each quest/sub-quest.
Special Feature:Find special Place to receive 50+ to strenght,agillity,etc... for ever until the rest of the game(receive 1000 exp points for that)

Last edited by Big R; 2004-09-12 at 10:19 AM. Reason: I forgot something...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Big R is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBig R is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Big R

Posted 2004-09-12, 03:46 AM in reply to Big R's post "New Game,perhaps..."
Sounds good. As far as I know, it is on different lines to other games out there. Though I could say that the first line or so is a bit like The Last Samurai.

Big R said:
I just need help in how to make appear on the screen: Made by:,or Ronin.
Intro, I would usually create a map of all pink, and set the start party position somewhere. Then create an event and change the sprite association of your main character to none/nothing. Then create messages in the same post saying made by:... etc. Also, set the event to start automatically. Then, once you have done the intro etc. create a teleport (in the same event) to a new map - your starting map. Don't forget to change the sprite back to normal once you have finished the intro. If you need more help on this, I will try and post screenshots.

As for Last Samurai, I was thinking along the lines of outcasts (as in army at end) destroying the master (the guy who trained Tom Cruise). Don't worry, I usually live in my own world and only surface to give random comments.

Last edited by Lenny; 2004-09-12 at 10:45 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2004-09-12, 11:22 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Sounds good. As far as I know, it is on..."
If you mean BEFORE the game starts (as in, the title screen):

Create a 320x240 pixel bitmap, 256 colors as always. Save it, and import it in a "Title". After that, just go to the System tab and hit the Set button beside the current title screen. There you go.

==========================

If you mean AFTER the game starts (you select New Game, which is apparently what you want):

Create a 320x240 pixel bitmap, 256 colors as always. Save it, and import it in a "Panorama".

Do a 20x15 map, make it all "pink". Go into the map properties (right-click on the map) and pick a parallax background. Choose your panorama, and you're done with that step.

Obviously, you'll want your Party Start Point (tm) on that map somewhere. (As Lenny said, you'll want the hero to be "inviisble" for now.)

At this point, you'll probably want an auto-start event so you can actually leave the map after a while:

<>Wait 2.0 seconds
<>Teleport to real starting map
<>Set hero sprite to whatever the hero should be
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2004-09-13, 12:07 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Sounds good. As far as I know, it is on..."
Lenny said:
Though I could say that the first line or so is a bit like The Last Samurai.
In my opinion there is nothing wrong with a little cliche like that because the overall is good im outta here im getting hungry.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Aurvian is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenAurvian is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Aurvian

Posted 2004-09-13, 01:21 PM in reply to Big R's post "New Game,perhaps..."
That sounds pretty bomb man. Go with it.

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Cool New things,comin up!
Posted 2004-09-14, 10:44 AM in reply to Big R's post "New Game,perhaps..."
I've made some things:

A castle:14 maps(the basic is from a game I played,Devil Hunter:Seeker of Power)
Ten races of monsters within 40 of 45 brand new monsters.
One entire mine:12 maps(belonging to one of the monster races)
One huge sea maze.
50 new weapons(most of the swords).
65 new items.
A maze with some traps in it,...and a monster lurking in the shadows...

And I'm planning to do some more.If you have any idea tell me,or,if you want
any kind of character(except the main character)with your name,just say it and I'll be glad to make it so.

Next things I plan to do:

A Species Forest(500x500)with 4 of the 10 races of monsters.
7 Cities.
3 Mountain tracks.
Another mine(with another race)
Two more monster races.
Three more Castles.
One horse race(tell ograx about his mini-game,I know how to do it.)
Ograx mini-game:

Create two characters riding in horses(main character and another guy competing against you.)
Put the two in a horse track.Make the enemy move to the finish line(move event).When he finishes the move event you are teleported to the podium as a loser.On the finish line make a teleport event.If the hero reaches there before the enemy completes his move event,you're teleported to the podium in 1rst place.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Big R is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBig R is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Big R

Posted 2004-09-14, 10:46 AM in reply to Big R's post "New things,comin up!"
Wow. Question: Are you using the graphics that came with the download, or your own personal graphics, or things you've downloaded seperately - e.g from rescources sections on websites???
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny