Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Problem with moving events
Posted 2006-12-17, 05:40 PM
Okay, I need it so that it teleports you to a sea map and you become a boat or get in the boat or something (there is only water though). There is a seperate dragon that is an evil guy or something and he is supposed to fly up and disappear. But the damned thing won't move. I have the move event set up and I have it waiting for 2 secs afterward, but the thing doesn't move. After that it erases the event and you are supposed to move up with the boat (chasing after the dragon) but that won't move up either.

What the hell is going on with it?
"Ban shampoo, demand real poo"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSlyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Slyvr

Posted 2006-12-17, 06:27 PM in reply to Slyvr's post "Problem with moving events"
If you're just changing the hero's sprite into the 'boat' sprite, you'll need to make a new tileset type just for that map, that has the water set as 'passable'.

Basically, go into the database, Tileset tab, increase the array size by one, copy the tileset you're using into the new slot, and change the water's passability to 'O'. Then change the map's tileset (in Map Properties) to your new one.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2006-12-18, 06:43 AM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "If you're just changing the hero's..."
That would work. So I guess it's not possible to board the boat with nothing but water on the map? And what about the move event for the dragon thing? Shouldn't he be able to fly over it?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSlyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Slyvr

Posted 2006-12-18, 06:42 PM in reply to Slyvr's post starting "That would work. So I guess it's not..."
Nope, if a tile isn't passable, no events can move over it (including the hero event) except for explicit cases such as being passable by airships. And if it IS passable, everything can move on it (including the hero event, again.) This leads to situations where the hero can walk on water - the usual workaround is a blank event that is set to "Same Layer As Hero" which acts as a border around the part of the map that you want to block access to.

I'm not sure what you want to do with boarding the boat - you can force that with "Enter/Exit Vehicle" if you move your hero to it (either manually or with events).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2006-12-18, 07:04 PM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "Nope, if a tile isn't passable, no..."
I've tried that, but it doesn't work. I think there has to be at least one passable tile in order for the hero to board. Oh well...I'll just make a new tileset for water.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Slyvr