Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

Post E:\ Drive Error
Posted 2004-01-09, 03:26 PM
For some reason, I can't access my CD-ROM or DVD Drvies anymore... I keep getting the error message shown on the attachment. Anyone have any idea what so ever what the fuck I screwed up?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg e error.jpg (153.5 KB, 82 views)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-01-09, 03:28 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "E:\ Drive Error"
First, I'd shut down your comp, and unplug it. Then unplug the cables going into that drive, make sure the contacts are clean (use q-tips) and try reconnecting everything.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2004-01-09, 03:29 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "E:\ Drive Error"
Hmm, I'm going to do that right now...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-01-09, 04:18 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "E:\ Drive Error"
Well, that didn't work, but when I started up, I got a message icon, and when I clicked on it, I got this message:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg e error.jpg (99.3 KB, 73 views)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2004-01-09, 04:22 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "E:\ Drive Error"
Are you sure you didn't accidentally uninstall your drivers or something?

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2004-01-09, 04:27 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "E:\ Drive Error"
How can I find that out? I might of in the process of doing my HD cleaning. And will I be able to get them back if my computer won't even read any of my CDs anymore? Does Dell have these for download for owners?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2004-01-09, 04:41 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "E:\ Drive Error"
"reaches into bag of tricks"

Ok first thing is. Have You tried other Cds?

If so, go to Control Panel System < < Device manager < (Look on the list of stuff and go to DVD / Cd Rom drives < Click the one that isn't working and go to it's properties < (at the bottom of the properties window, look where it says Device Usage ... Now make sure its selected to ENABLE. Try this real fast, and if it doesn't work say whats up.

EDITED BY D3V: Also, you could try doing a system restore. Now what you'll want to do is restore it to when you ARE POSITIVE when it was working. I would just try the restore then the 1st step.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2004-01-09, 04:50 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "E:\ Drive Error"
Bah, it is enabled, and the earliest Restore Point is January 5th for some reason, and I've already gone to that point, which is still causing it not to work.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2004-01-09, 04:55 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "E:\ Drive Error"
Ah, have you tried clicking back to december or nov?

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2004-01-09, 05:13 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "E:\ Drive Error"
This is what I found..

http://support.microsoft.com/default...&Product=winxp

If you still can't figure out what's wrong, I offer to do a remote connection to your comp, but I can't right now.. feeling woozy
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2004-01-09, 06:05 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "E:\ Drive Error"
D3V said:
Ah, have you tried clicking back to december or nov?
It won't let me go to any other month prior to January...

Oh, and Grav, that looks like it is right on the money, but I don't have any time right now to do any of that, nor do I think their tech support for Roxio is open at this time. Thanks though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2004-01-09, 06:10 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "E:\ Drive Error"
You should just uninstall Roxio and install something else, like Nero.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2004-01-09, 06:13 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "E:\ Drive Error"
Yes Nero = Teh pwnz.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2004-01-09, 09:12 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "E:\ Drive Error"
I assumed that you have used your Cd player before, well roxio at least.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2004-01-09, 10:00 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "E:\ Drive Error"
I used to get that error about not being able to record too, but I could still read stuff with my drive. All I did was uninstall Easy CD and got myself Nero Platinum. No more troubles with recording since that.

By the way, you might be able to find a [sarcasm]free trial version[/sarcasm] of Nero on my FTP. PM me for a Login if you want it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2004-01-09, 10:06 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "E:\ Drive Error"
RoboticSilence said:
Are you sure you didn't accidentally uninstall your drivers or something?
Call me stupid (a figure of speech), but I've never had to install a CD drive. Plug it in, the computer detects it, and it works.

You could always just try removing it in device manager, rebooting, and letting it auto-detect it when you boot.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2004-01-09, 10:17 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "E:\ Drive Error"
If you have XP you don't need any program to burn cds, you can just burn them by dragging them to the blank cd in the cd rom, but its slow and inconvienant.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2004-01-09, 10:20 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "E:\ Drive Error"
Could always try my sig and get some pro help...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2004-01-10, 11:27 AM in reply to Titusfied's post "E:\ Drive Error"
I'm actually going to try and delete it right now, and until I get a new burning application, just use my roommates shit.

I hope this works...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2004-01-10, 11:53 AM in reply to Titusfied's post "E:\ Drive Error"
No dice... I uninstalled all my CD Burning applications, my Real Jukebox, and still, its not working... What. The. Fuck?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied