Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

gem
Posted 2002-03-11, 03:07 PM
ok this is about 2 things

one, why does everyone want chipped gems instead of perfect gems? I always hear "60 chipped gems for soj", and i dont know why

second thing, in the chat screen after u select ur char in bnet, in the middle of a screen inside the spiral theres a gem and when u click it it says "Gem activated" or "gem deactivated", anyone know what this is good for?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hackerdude123 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhackerdude123 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hackerdude123

Posted 2002-03-11, 03:09 PM in reply to hackerdude123's post "gem"
1. Chipped gems are used with a magical sword in a horadric cube to create a sword of the same type with new mods and 3 sockets, which is how 3 socket Cruel Collosus Blades are made.

2. Nothing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2002-03-11, 03:18 PM in reply to hackerdude123's post "gem"
k thx
if it does nothing then why did they put it there?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hackerdude123 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhackerdude123 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hackerdude123

Posted 2002-03-11, 03:19 PM in reply to hackerdude123's post "gem"
To torture us.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2002-03-11, 03:20 PM in reply to hackerdude123's post "gem"
lol
why do people want 60 gems then instead of going out and finding 3 for themselves? too lazy?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

hackerdude123

Posted 2002-03-20, 03:22 PM in reply to hackerdude123's post "gem"
You got it...plus trading for them is much much faster.
[img]www.zelaron.com/pr0n/answer.jpg[/img]

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
answer763 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenanswer763 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

answer763

Posted 2002-03-20, 04:40 PM in reply to hackerdude123's post "gem"
My guess would be that they get a kick out of hearing everyone complain about the gem.

OH CRAP, get down. The CIA apperently couldn't accept that I revealed their little secret.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2002-03-20, 04:46 PM in reply to hackerdude123's post "gem"
the gem was originally going to have a purpose. there were a lot of very sweet things they took out of diablo 2 and i dont know why. anyway they just decided to leave it as a mystery for awhile. they didnt officially say it did nothing untill a month or two after diablo 2 was released.
sig coming soon click for sig page!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
King Kai 3 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKing Kai 3 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

King Kai 3

Posted 2002-03-20, 05:02 PM in reply to hackerdude123's post "gem"
sweet thing = chat trading interface now someone tell me how they could have left it out We probly could have hacked the hell out of it though.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
answer763 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenanswer763 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

answer763

Posted 2002-03-22, 12:13 PM in reply to hackerdude123's post "gem"
i'm sure you could've answer may be you could come up with a dupe method for it or sumthing... i dunno
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2002-03-22, 02:39 PM in reply to hackerdude123's post "gem"
I was talking about if it was actually implimented as a chat/trade interface....now it even works when you are disconnected to B.Net so it has no link to the game what-so-ever.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

answer763

Posted 2002-03-22, 09:25 PM in reply to hackerdude123's post "gem"
Did you know that I posted a program that clicks the gem like 5000000000000000000000000000 times?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tacoX

Posted 2002-03-23, 02:58 AM in reply to hackerdude123's post "gem"
Yes, it displays "Gem deactivated".
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2002-04-02, 10:32 PM in reply to hackerdude123's post "gem"
If u click it enought times it will change to perfect gem activated
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
blood knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenblood knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

blood knight

Posted 2002-04-05, 08:24 PM in reply to hackerdude123's post "gem"
sometimes it says MOOOOOOOOOOOOO too

really!
~~Maple~~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Maple556 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMaple556 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Maple556

Posted 2002-04-05, 08:25 PM in reply to hackerdude123's post "gem"
yay!! im not a useless imp anymore!!

just a imp lol

~~Maple~~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Maple556 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMaple556 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Maple556

Posted 2002-04-05, 08:31 PM in reply to hackerdude123's post "gem"
yeah ive had it say MOOOOOOOOOOOOO too, when i saw that i was like wtf?? and then i tried tellin ppl but they were all like what the hell retard thats the craziest thing ive ever heard
So this baby seal walks into a club.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ask_rabber

Posted 2002-04-06, 02:20 AM in reply to hackerdude123's post "gem"
yea and sometimes it says prepare for cow burger! takes forever ill get a screen shot if ya want me 2
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Valmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenValmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Valmar

Posted 2002-04-06, 11:24 AM in reply to hackerdude123's post "gem"
lol, i went to diabloii.net and they heard soem rumors that it would make a gem shrine appear in the game, or a gem drop

this was during the early stages of the game when nobody had much stuff, so one person said "I got 3 chipped gems, and before i had clicked the gem i had only gotten one, so i am 100 percent sure that the gem makes u get more gems from drops..... also i found a gem shrine, which i had never found before..." etc.

that was pretty funny
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

hackerdude123

Posted 2002-04-06, 12:03 PM in reply to hackerdude123's post "gem"
Actally it was lame not funny
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Valmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenValmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Valmar