Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Anime Corner

Posted 2013-03-13, 01:42 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "asdasdf"
slistermann said: [Goto]
asdasdf
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Mr_E_Meatshield said: [Goto]
I'd like to thank the Internet for making the propagation of the misconception of what the word means, along with its misuse THAT much easier.

Thank you Internet, for making it easier to teach other people the wrong thing and make people think they know better than the Japanese people on the usage of a JAPANESE word.

Thank You again Internet for teaching us that having the majority do the wrong thing makes it acceptable, instead of simply showing that the majority are wrong... OH WAIT, if the majority do the wrong thing, THEY ARE DOING THE WRONG THING.

THANK YOU Internet for showing that people are just too lazy to learn the right thing, or accept the right thing even when they're presented with factual evidence that what they're used to IS WRONG.

/Rant

Thought I could let that go, since I'm trying to be more mellow, but I guess I just couldn't. I mean I already let the recent loli posts slide since he might not know the difference between Lolitas and Women and the Loli thread is so far back in the pages. But the misuse of this word still gets to me.

Anyway, now for +18 images that aren't Hentai (because that's not what that word means, at least until it's actually added to a language's OFFICIAL Dictionary):
+18 +18 +18 +18 +18

Knuclear, these are for you:

Source
asdasdf
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Always get a kick how often people in general (so there's no confusion this time) always use the whole "I got/have a life" line in arguments.

As you can see from what I said, I wasn't directing anything at you, but instead at the Internet itself for helping the spread of the misuse of the word. As this will explain the misuse of that word and the word "Ecchi", and also provide the correct terms to use. So again, wasn't aimed at you, but instead how easily the misuse of the word can spread like a virus because of the internet. YOU on the other hand, didn't do anything wrong. It's not your fault you were misinformed about the matter. It's not even the fault of the person/people/source of how you learned it, but rather the fault of the original people who spread it. I've been wondering if it even started before the Internet's public use. But damn if the Internet hasn't helped in spreading that information like a virus. Shame it's not doing the same for the correct meaning of the words.

Now as for the distinction between Lolita and Women, it doesn't really matter now since that other thread's already buried somewhat. But the difference is that Lolita are characters who are children or look very much like children i.e. this (+18) as opposed to this (+18). Doesn't really matter the age, if a character looks/is drawn like a kid (small stature, flat chested, short limbs), but is actually an adult they're lolita. If an underage is drawn like an adult like say:
or or even
They can be considered women. Which of course mean that having them in the Lolita thread was also wrong.

Because of artists having the tendency to draw the characters as they please, the same character can be either Loli or not, like this for example:
Lolita/Child:

Woman/Adult:

Same character, two versions.

Images such as this:

We can consider a woman since judging from the proportion, and her chest we can tell that she's not exactly drawn much like a child.

There's also flat chested women of course, take Rei Ayanami and Rukia as examples.

Course in cases such as this:

We can use common sense smack anyone who says lolita/child in the head for being a wise guy.

Tried looking for those older threads, apparently it was easier to find the Appropriate Lolita thread than I thought. It was still in SS's first page of threads he started. Comic Book Women Thread was just as easy. Sweet, now we can use the correct threads. Now if I can only remember who started that female cosplay thread. Course, the search function in this current iteration of the forums is pretty much useless now, but there's nothing we can do about that. Course, we can always just use one thread (this one in particular) to avoid confusion and as not to bring up old topics; which is, as I said the reason I didn't even mention that until the rant.

The spoiler tags, I didn't teach you since I already showed you how to do the thumbnails, which in my opinion makes the spoilers obsolete. The point of using the spoilers was to hide large images so that the page can load faster anyway. Using the thumbnails negates the problem of slow page loading since it'll lead people to a different page while they're still looking at this one.

As far as other image hosting sites go, I feel like Imgur keeps them up longer than the others. They're definitely more lenient than Photobuckrap when it comes to +18s. Heck even the site I liked before, Imageshack changed and became less than satisfactory. So my suggestion is to stick with Imgur for all image hosting needs and forget anything else, unless something better comes along.

Lastly, stop deleting things you put up wrong or otherwise. Took us a while to help you with the whole +18 link thing because you kept deleting things and we couldn't see what you were doing wrong for it not to work. Can't help the mistakes we can't see. This isn't even the first time I told you this one. Now if you would, put that particular demotivational picture back up in your previous post, so we can again see, the image that brought the topic up.
asdfasdf
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2013-03-13, 01:42 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "asdfasdf"
Ah come on the Oshsi one was pretty funny!

asdfasdf
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2013-03-13, 01:42 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "asdfasdf"
knuclear200x said: [Goto]
asdfasdf
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2013-03-13, 01:43 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "asdfasdf"
This is art. This is what it was meant to look like. Maybe the finest I've seen. Thank you Quasimodo for sharing this.

asdfasdf
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

More!

asdfasdf
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

One more.

asdfasdf
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

OK, I'll try to use my space more Conservatively. Never got as far as the toe, but yes in retrospect it is, in fact a little "freaky". But if she were "real" and were to say "Let's go"! I don't think I would notice the toe then either. (or care!)

asdfasdf
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2013-03-13, 01:44 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "asdfasdf"
be careful smut here-> "18+"

asdfasdf
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2013-03-13, 01:44 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "asdfasdf"
asdfasdf
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2013-03-13, 01:45 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "asdfasdf"
Right back at ya'
"18+"
asdfasdf
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

asdfasdf
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Hi, Ho Silver! caterday

asdfasdf
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

I know yesterday was Caterday but she's got a bell on does that count for Christmas? for Christmas?
asdfasdf
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Christmas and no gifts? Well, they say it's better to give than receive anyways!

Oh yea, diggin on vectors for right now!
asdfasdf
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2013-03-13, 01:46 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "asdfasdf"
Non-vector versions of these please.

---
Remember when I asked that you not resize the images that you put up?

Take these two as an example:

Compare them to:
You can still zoom in after clicking the image on Imgur for these ones, hence the reason I thought you were changing the image sizes. I still actually go and look for the pictures that you put up again because of this. Some I'm fortunate to find, others, not so much.

My opinion on Vectors:

Still prefer the originals, and I don't have to go on paint to remove the stuff the Vector-ers(?) put. Though the last guy who put up vectors, who also did them himself made some fine work. Just had to remove his signature from em. Though I still liked the originals over the vectors back then too. To put it in another way, the only vector work that I like are ones that just have the character(s) on a plain white background and no signatures or anything added by the editor; but even then I'll still take the originals over it.

Anyway, here's some stuff by Houtengeki:

Four +18 Gifs from Doki Doki Rooming:
+18+18+18+18

Didn't think I'd be able to put up that fourth one, kept giving me an error. But, I made up my mind and thought I just had to share it. Gotta find out who the artist for this game is. Reminds me of the artist who also did the Zyx games, Mutou Keiji.

---
Yup, limit on image links is 19. Ones from quoted posts don't seem to count towards the final total.
asdfadf
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2013-03-13, 01:46 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "asdfadf"
If I had even the slightest idea what you're talking about it might help! Re-size, remove, fine work? I (as previously stated) know as much about computer "tricks" if you will, as I do about Formula 1 race car fuel injection systems. What I do know is a hot anime chick when I see one. Writing on the white background, what are you talking about? Oh, I see it now that I went back and looked and saw something besides the really hot blonde anime chick, not! I think you are putting "WAY" to much thought into this. I could say that although the pictures you put up all by the same artist were well drawn, but the facial features leave much to be desired, but I wont, because I don't really care as they were pictures of hot anime chicks! If by re-size you mean, when I post the larger version of the picture on the page, if you look you will see I also pasted a small link version as well. The larger version is just a "WOW" look at this one folks, teaser and again as I seem to be the "ONLY" one doing it, does it really make much difference? When and if more lovers of the art join us we can worry about space! I am doing what I can to spread the joy at the level of competence allotted to me by my antiquated knowledge of computers. So enjoy fellow aficionados of fine art of the Japanese persuasion!
Yes I see the Loli (look right!)
I think this might be one of my favorite drawings of all time! If I knew who the artist was I might actually take the time to try to ind more of their work.

Although this is pretty cool!

asdfadsf
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2013-03-13, 01:46 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "asdfadsf"
Regarding Resizing:

Click on the ones you put up, then click on the two that I did, doing so would lead you to Imgur where you can again click on the images to show the actual size of the image. Though they show the same picture, the latter is still bigger than the former. I wasn't talking about using the thumbnails again, but the actual size of the image. To be more specific, the picture with the girl sticking her tongue out, the final resolution of the one you put up is 500x706 while the other is 1241x1754. Again, it's not imgur or anything, and if those are the images you have, there's really nothing to be done. I was just saying that's the reason I thought you were resizing them, and also why I still search for the images again after you put them up.

Regarding Vectors and White Backgrounds:

See the stuff that say "Merohedo@...", "Please credit when...", that multicolored circle thing with the shape of a woman beside the chick's face in the second picture, and the "Vector by...". Those are what I meant by added stuff on vectors. I understand the people who made said vectors want their stamp on their work, unfortunately I see it as somewhat of an eyesore. Again, it's not something you can do anything about, unless you made the thing, but it's why I usually prefer the original over vectors. Now, if it were the original artist's signature, or stamp, I don't mind, since it's their actual work. Thankfully, some of them are easy enough to remove with MS Paint, thus leaving just the character on a white background.

Such as:

However, even with cases like this, the collector in me still wants the original so that I still have both images.

Regarding Fine Work:
Last year, or the year before, there was another member who put up vectors, one that he did. They looked great and the size of the images were huge, which was awesome. However, as I said, I hated that he put up his little signature thing on them. After saying that, he stopped putting the symbol he used, and did one better, he also put up the originals. It was awesome that he did that.

I have no problems with the way you're putting up images, I'm glad to see that you got the hang of using Imgur. I was simply explaining what I thought and why I thought them. And also why I requested Non-Vector versions of the two I pointed out previously.
asdfadsf
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2013-03-13, 01:46 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "asdfadsf"
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Yeah, I don't re-size anything. What you see is what I got. If you find something better let me know I would love to have those originals also! Yeah the signatures are dumb but at least you know how to get rid of them, I have NO clue! I have tried using those paint programs and mostly ended up with a big mess (can you say finger paint).

Haven't done any of these in while, so here you go... "18+" "18+" '18+"

and today's winner is...

sdasdf
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign