Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Counter-Strike
Posted 2002-01-15, 12:34 PM
it may be a great game but anybdy who has it should really try counter-strike, its so good since u play mulit-player over the net...

Shame Half Life has kinda got in its shadow
Novus Ordo Seclorum

Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.

Sun Tzu

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Leshrac is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLeshrac is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Leshrac

Posted 2002-01-16, 10:59 AM in reply to Leshrac's post "Counter-Strike"
Moved to CS.
Besidies, you're right, it's a terribly fine game
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2002-01-16, 05:43 PM in reply to Leshrac's post "Counter-Strike"
Ok...

Why play counter strike when you can play Starcraft?

(hmmm)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tacoX

hehe
Posted 2002-01-16, 07:39 PM in reply to Leshrac's post "Counter-Strike"
A new forum all for me? aww thank you...

tacox? why not play both.....?
eventually I get bored of playing once of them since I loose too many times in a row ...then I like to play something else....I play sc, cs, ao, pa, uw, ssg, ul, aoe all online....can't really stick to just one
Novus Ordo Seclorum

Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.

Sun Tzu

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Leshrac is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLeshrac is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Leshrac

Posted 2002-01-16, 07:42 PM in reply to Leshrac's post "Counter-Strike"
I dont like counter strike, lolz. It was the first series of computer games that I have ever played. I just never really got into them.

Although for starcraft, thats a whole different story! Makin' maps, Stargraft and more, not to mention haveing the biggest community of all multiplayer games!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tacoX

well
Posted 2002-01-19, 10:04 AM in reply to Leshrac's post "Counter-Strike"
its a totally different type of game...sometimes I feel like strategy..sometimes I feel like killing some Terrorist scum.....without having to think much...
Novus Ordo Seclorum

Sun Tzu

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Leshrac

Posted 2002-01-20, 06:39 PM in reply to Leshrac's post "Counter-Strike"
What happened to the silenced rocket launchers they promised to add?
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Exclamation Incorrect SIR
Posted 2002-02-02, 10:22 PM in reply to Leshrac's post "Counter-Strike"
Counter-Strike is trying to make the gap between it's original (Half-Life) of being REALISTIC. Valve has tried it's hardest on making CS realistic which means they won't stop coming out with minor updates that they think matters.

Counter-Strike 1.4 is set to release soon. The added changes that I know of are a couple maps and an edited hitbox. It will be extremely hard to get a headshot on 1.4. Not impossible but with the more redifined hitboxes, there will be a lessened chance of a cheap kill.

Another change is they are trying to fix bunny hopping once again. Bunny Hopping in MY opinion isn't cheating. But in real life jumping to the side isn't faster it's slower. Valve's changing the Bunny Hopping state is going to be by changing how you jump and adding an energy bar. If you have played DoD you know what I'm talking about. You can only jump once every X amount of seconds and if you try to, you will lose energy.

This will ruin the game. Making the game like DoD will result in a loss of a great percentage of players on this game. Yet cheating in CS is outstandingly popular. To me on the otherhand, I think it's more fun to kill somone without using some lame aimbot.

If I find out any more about CS 1.4 I will post it.

-----
Quote:
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
X2D is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenX2D is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

X2D

Posted 2002-02-03, 03:07 PM in reply to Leshrac's post "Counter-Strike"
I'm just hoping Valve's anti-cheating technology that is meant to be coming out in the next HL patch (at the same time as CS 1.4) is going to be good, I only play with my clan mates nowadays so I know I will get a good fair game.

I've been playing since Beta 1, and you're right it has steadily been pushing for more realism, not always for the best imo, plus I preferred it when Valve weren't involved with it and it was just Gooseman and cliffe, but I'm still hoping 1.4 will be good.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mr Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMr Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mr Lee

Posted 2002-02-21, 11:11 AM in reply to Leshrac's post "Counter-Strike"
Did anyone get their hands on "Blue Shift" anyway?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2002-02-21, 11:25 AM in reply to Leshrac's post "Counter-Strike"
I have Blue Shift, it's just 2 more hours of Single-Player, but as a security guard instead.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2002-02-21, 11:32 AM in reply to Leshrac's post "Counter-Strike"
Quote:
Originally posted by GravitonSurge
I have Blue Shift, it's just 2 more hours of Single-Player, but as a security guard instead.
Is it any good at all? :[
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2003-05-22, 05:46 PM in reply to Leshrac's post "Counter-Strike"
DoD is better
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2003-05-22, 05:55 PM in reply to Leshrac's post "Counter-Strike"
Why the hell did you dig this up?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-05-22, 06:37 PM in reply to Leshrac's post "Counter-Strike"
because i've got something to say about it
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-05-22, 11:56 PM in reply to Leshrac's post "Counter-Strike"
lol it was over a year old, and DoD wasnt even made that the time lol
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2003-05-23, 01:36 AM in reply to Leshrac's post "Counter-Strike"
but the real point is... who really gives a shit =\
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-05-23, 07:14 AM in reply to Leshrac's post "Counter-Strike"
DoD is fun, but got old quick for me. I still like CS over it anyways.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2003-05-25, 09:04 PM in reply to Leshrac's post "Counter-Strike"
c-s kicks ass... never let it go... lol
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Dar_Win