Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

an old build revived (pitmancer)
Posted 2005-04-24, 06:19 PM
hi there everyone .....its been awhile.

remember this build of Volkstrecker's of the famous Pitmancer? Well I have been playin with this guy for about six months a have found some darn nice stuff...... I have changed the build alittle as well to make the pitmancer do other places in the game like mephy and pindle..... but the best finds are still in the pits.....

Volkstrecker's build

Ok, at the idea from `Insolence`, I have finally semi-completed a Poison Necro for Pit Runs. The thing is, this guy kicks some serious ass. My average time for clearing the ENTIRE Pit is ~3:00. That includes teleporting there and identifying a few items. This is a guide as to what you would want to look at. Here goes:

Stat Points

STR Enough for your armor.
DEX Keep your block % up, ~50% or higher is good.
VIT Leftover points go here
ENE Base

Skill Points

20 Poison Dagger
20 Poison Explosion
20 Poison Nova
20 Bone Wall
1 Bone Armor
1 Teeth
1 Corpse Explosion
1 Amplify Damage
1 Iron Maiden
1 Life Tap
1 Weaken
1 Terror
1 Decrepify
1-5 Lower Resist

That is 90-94 skill points in total, so this build would be complete at prior to level 78-82 using all skill quests.

Equipment

Helm: +2 Necro/20% FCR/+All Resists Circlet (Harlequin Crest will likely be what people use)

Armor: 'Enigma'/'Bramble' (Enigma preferably, as teleporting speeds up runs)

Weapon: Death's Web/'Heart of the Oak' (Blackbog's Sharp if you're pretty poor)

Shield: Trang Oul's Wing

Gloves: Trang Oul's Claw

Belt: Trang Oul's Girth

Boots: Marrowwalk

Rings: 2x Stone of Jordan

Amulet: Storm Circlet or other rare/crafted ammy (Mara's would work too)

I know most people will ask "Why Trang Oul's Shield and Belt instead of Homonculus + Arachnid's Mesh?". The reason is, that with the 3 set pieces, the shield will give -25% Enemy Poison Resistance. That is a HUGE help vs. the skeletons in the Pit, as they are a bit resistant to poison.

If you have any gear you could socket, try to procure some Poison Rainbow Facets. Those would help immensely.

Of course, a few +1 Poison and Bone charms would help this build, so if you have some, don't be afraid to use them.

That's pretty much about it. Feel free to post questions/comments in here.

My build

Skill Points

20 Poison Dagger
20 Poison Explosion
20 Poison Nova
15 Bone Armor
1 Teeth
1 Bone Wall
1 Corpse Explosion
10 Iron Maiden
2 Golem Mastery
5 Summon Resist
1 Clay Golem
1 Blood Golem

That is 97 skill points in total, so this build would be complete at prior to level 85 using all skill quests. 3 more skill points than Volkstrecker's Build.

Why Iron Golem?
this guy is a great tank Golem and using the runeword "Insight" on a shity 4 open socket polearm weapon to create him he will solve your mana issues with the Meditation aura the runeword gives.

Resistance on the Pitmancer.....These are very low but i have no problems with him at all. Your too fast and your tanks are strong enough to hold them all off while the poison nova kills them quickly .... oh i use a act 2 merc from nightmere... he lvls great in the pits (i'm a level 93 and so is my merc).

My pitmancers resistance are

fire -50
cold -40
lighting -90
poison -70

Merc's gear
eth Fortitude/Stone runewords
eth Insight (need to get a Infinity)
eth andy's/Dream

My Equipment

Helm: Harlequin Crest

Armor: 'Enigma'/'Skulders' (Skulders is great for mf until u can afford Enigma)

Weapon: Death's Web/'White runeword' (White is a ladder runeword and if u can find a wand with 3 to poison nova skills on it before making the word, that would be the thing to go for. If not on ladder stay with Volkstrecker weapon).

Shield: Trang Oul's Wing

Gloves: Trang Oul's Claw

Belt: Trang Oul's Girth

Boots: Marrowwalk

Rings: 2x Stone of Jordan or negal rings

Amulet: 3 to poison/bone skill ammy or other rare/crafted ammy (Mara's would work too)

Trang's Belt, Gloves and Sheild are the best three pieces of items you could have nice stats.....and -25% reduced enemy poison resistance.

I have 490 mf and this is all i need.....i have found lots of great open socketed items people are always looking for like 4os Grand Matron bows and 4os Pali Sheilds with very high damage and/or resistances all of these i've traded for high runes and made some great gear for the transfer over to non-ladder.

If you do pits, kill everything, because they all drop.

This guy rulez, I hope you get something out of this and thanx again Volkstrecker......Great build man.

Dam

Last edited by dam; 2005-04-25 at 02:08 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
dam is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweendam is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

dam

Posted 2005-04-25, 12:31 AM in reply to dam's post "an old build revived (pitmancer)"
Just make a hammerdin and make ti run the pits wit a bot ~_~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2005-04-25, 09:06 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Just make a hammerdin and make ti run..."
yea i was gonna say...botting the pits would be better >_<
to my heart soul and the being in which i am i love you megan

November 6th - eternity
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zygoat is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzygoat is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zygoat

Posted 2005-04-25, 12:05 PM in reply to zygoat's post starting "yea i was gonna say...botting the pits..."
Just about to say, why not make a hammers. Btw I finally finished mine! Now I can rush myself and get ppls forges, and mf, and I started using YAMB last night, it owns.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-04-25, 12:30 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Just about to say, why not make a..."
Kaneda said:
and I started using YAMB last night, it owns.
yea i saw your games going last night any good finds?

November 6th - eternity
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zygoat is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzygoat is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zygoat

Posted 2005-04-26, 08:51 AM in reply to zygoat's post starting "yea i saw your games going last night..."
Hammerdins in the Pit suck you noobs, its a enclosed area cuasing hammers to nail the wall in seconds. BUILD AN AMAZON IT WINS. IM BACK BITCHESS!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Endurack is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Endurack

Posted 2005-04-26, 11:53 AM in reply to Endurack's post starting "Hammerdins in the Pit suck you noobs,..."
hahaha wow im amazed to see you again endurack lol nice to see you again even tho most of the people here dont like you

November 6th - eternity
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

zygoat

Posted 2005-04-26, 09:25 PM in reply to zygoat's post starting "hahaha wow im amazed to see you again..."
Wow, no res? That's horrible. He's limited specifically to that. If a monster explodes, you're fucked.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2005-04-26, 09:29 PM in reply to Endurack's post starting "Hammerdins in the Pit suck you noobs,..."
Eww?

If you're running a bot why the would it matter? If your manually doing pit runs, shoot yourself.

If you use a hammerdin, you can go and bot baal runs too without wasting time building and gearing another character.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2005-04-27, 04:21 AM in reply to Endurack's post starting "Hammerdins in the Pit suck you noobs,..."
If I was a mod anyone who used the term noob in a literall sense would be banned imidiatly, fucking moron. BUILD AN AMAZON IT WINS BITCHES. I hope you play on west so I can beat you down.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-04-27, 07:33 AM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "If I was a mod anyone who used the term..."
Just let it go.

This is how itwas before, and how its going to be. :-\
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2005-04-27, 11:45 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Just let it go. This is how itwas..."
if your talking about owning endurack GOOD LUCK lol that mo`fo is a 1337 lil bugger he is good and he does play on west nl l iono but he does play on west...or did

November 6th - eternity
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

zygoat

Posted 2005-04-27, 12:21 PM in reply to zygoat's post starting "if your talking about owning endurack..."
I made you a sig, zygoat.

And yes, he is filthy rich
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2005-04-27, 04:44 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I made you a sig, zygoat. ..."
haha your a funny one...i was simple saying that he is a very good player...now ive never dueled you before and prolly never will, but if your as good as id like to think you are then you and endurack would have a very good duel

November 6th - eternity
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

zygoat

Posted 2005-04-27, 04:48 PM in reply to zygoat's post starting "haha your a funny one...i was simple..."
huh? Hes got the superior gear + more gaming experience. He'd win.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2005-04-27, 06:24 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "huh? Hes got the superior gear + more..."
well this thread has gone WAY off topic so w/e

November 6th - eternity
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

zygoat

Posted 2005-04-27, 06:27 PM in reply to zygoat's post starting "well this thread has gone WAY off topic..."
And you add on to it even more?

Does anyone know if jsp is compatable with psn necros? Maybe you can get a bot to do it with one of these as well.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2005-04-27, 07:16 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "And you add on to it even more? Does..."
Yes. Here is clarifycation just for you slow ones.

Also, you can check this in my thread... Try to stay on topic, sov.

Last edited by slaynish; 2005-04-27 at 07:20 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish