Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

My andariels visage mysteriously disappeared
Posted 2004-02-18, 11:50 PM
A couple of days ago, a was mfing with a friend on uswest ladder. I was doing a meph run and i died, so i rejoined the game to get my body back, because its a hassle to get since i dont have enough strength or dex to use my belt or my helm and weapon until i put on another helm from my stash that adds to strength, and wear the gear that i could not use because they add to strength also, get it?
Here is an example if you did not understand what i said above: a baranars star gives 15 to strength, lets say i dont have enough strength use it so i put on some thing that adds to strength to let me use the baranars star. When i put on the baranars i get +15 to strength so i can take off the item that gave me the strength to use the baranars in the first place. But when i die and i want to get my body back i won't be able to use my baranars because i will not have enough strength, so will have to put an item to add to strength then put on baranars and take off item. Get it?
Back to the situation. so when i rejoined the game to get my body it said i couldn't carry anymore but thats normal because my inventory was pretty full, i only had ebough room to get my helm and belt back, but part of my body was still on the ground because my weapon was in it. So i decided drop my helm(andariels visage) to get my weapon then get my helm back. When i dropped my helm it mysteriously disappeared! It left my cursor but never hit the ground so i was kind of worried, i looked all around town but nothing. I told my friend to stay in the game so i can rejoin and maybe i will get my helm back, i rejoined a second time i looked all around town and nothing was there. I had lost my andariels visage.
Guys thats my problem for now please help me if you can i know it is a long story but please help.
Thank You
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
brian is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbrian is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

brian

Posted 2004-02-19, 12:03 AM in reply to brian's post "My andariels visage mysteriously..."
Here's a couple of questions.

Was your friend next to you? If so, Pickit could have gotten it before it hit the ground, if he has it set to pick up items in town.

Do you use maphack? If so, the item may have been hidden with a weird setting, but likely not.

Other than that, only thing I could think of is that for some reason, the item may have tripped 1.10's item deletion code.

Unfortunately, it's likely gone.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-02-19, 04:04 AM in reply to brian's post "My andariels visage mysteriously..."
nah if it would be on europe i would give you new andy visage...... ))))))
Do or do not, there is no try
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DirtZ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDirtZ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DirtZ

Posted 2004-02-19, 07:08 AM in reply to brian's post "My andariels visage mysteriously..."
Suck to be you.... I had a Que Hegan's with a 15% res all jewel dissapear on me a while back. The best thing you can do about it is bang your head really hard on the wall; maybe youll forget you ever had a visage.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2004-02-19, 07:28 AM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "Suck to be you.... I had a Que Hegan's..."
it happens often..i lost an angel trying to mule, it just never hits the ground, its a bug
Nemo me impune lacessit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Maleficus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMaleficus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Maleficus

Posted 2004-02-19, 08:05 AM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "Suck to be you.... I had a Que Hegan's..."
Medieval Bob said:
Suck to be you.... I had a Que Hegan's with a 15% res all jewel dissapear on me a while back. The best thing you can do about it is bang your head really hard on the wall; maybe youll forget you ever had a visage.
I like his idea..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
LiveWire is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLiveWire is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

LiveWire

Posted 2004-02-19, 08:20 AM in reply to Maleficus's post starting "it happens often..i lost an angel..."
Thx for helping, and thx dirtZ for offering to give me an andariels visage. I know this friend in person i trust because he gave me the andariels visage. I know he does have pickit. Yeah i was using map hack but im really not sure if it had anything to do with it. Should i e-mail blizzard about this? Because maybe they might know something about this incident. Okay i have a question, who here uses maphack? If you do do you feel safe using it, or can blizzard detect you? And if you don't does it take a lot longer to do mf runs? Is it really safe using maphack?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
brian is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbrian is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

brian

Posted 2004-02-19, 10:43 AM in reply to brian's post "My andariels visage mysteriously..."
did u die only once ?

im asking because i've heard of a bunch of people loosing items when leaving games with 2 or more bodies on ground.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Luhizot is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLuhizot is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Luhizot

Posted 2004-02-19, 11:37 AM in reply to brian's post starting "Thx for helping, and thx dirtZ for..."
I use MH. I only use the view all map and perfect weather features though. I'm skiddish about using inventory viewer as I've heard it's detectable. Other than that, I wouldn't stop using MH, so... fuxit.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2004-02-19, 12:09 PM in reply to brian's post "My andariels visage mysteriously..."
Yeah MH makes mf'ing/leveling/well anything 30x faster and i think bnet should stop caring about MH. Stupid Bnet pisses me off sometimes.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
SlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

SlickFic04

Posted 2004-02-19, 04:59 PM in reply to SlickFic04's post starting "Yeah MH makes mf'ing/leveling/well..."
is there a pickit for 1.10 that picks up in town? if there is, can someon give me a link? thanks

*sry for off topic *
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2004-02-19, 09:02 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "is there a pickit for 1.10 that picks..."
-Spector- said:
is there a pickit for 1.10 that picks up in town? if there is, can someon give me a link? thanks

*sry for off topic *
You can set Zoid's to pick up in town, I believe. If not in latest version, I did see it in a previous version.

As far as MH goes, if you load one of the Anti-Detection modules, and don't use things like Colorhack or Inventory Viewer (things that send odd packets to server), you should be fine.

The antidetection modules prevent the sending of ExtraWork and also, I think they block the 64-65 packets, which are report packets, I believe. I'll have to read up on what they do again.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-02-19, 09:49 PM in reply to brian's post "My andariels visage mysteriously..."
Yeah i died only once then rejoined the game to get my body.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

brian

Posted 2004-02-20, 10:34 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "You can set Zoid's to pick up in town,..."
Vollstrecker said:
You can set Zoid's to pick up in town, I believe. If not in latest version, I did see it in a previous version.
Well, where does one get Zoids pick-it?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Doofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDoofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Doofus_AW

Posted 2004-02-20, 04:03 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post starting "Well, where does one get Zoids pick-it?"
should i email my incident this to blizzard? Maybe they will come up with some answers.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

brian

Posted 2004-02-20, 04:54 PM in reply to brian's post starting "should i email my incident this to..."
They'll just say "It must've been a dupe!"

@ Doofus You can find Zoid's Pickit at zoid.e l i t e g n.net (without the spaces)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-02-20, 09:10 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "They'll just say "It must've been a..."
Another possibility is if you use Pickit, and have ZPickit Clean going, and Andy's Visage isn't in your pickit.ini it removes it from your screen.....Your friend then is in the same situation/robbed you and claimed it never dropped.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JustDieFool is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJustDieFool is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JustDieFool

Posted 2004-02-20, 09:58 PM in reply to JustDieFool's post starting "Another possibility is if you use..."
Sorry i meant to say that my friend does NOT have pickit lol sorry for any confusion. =P
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

brian

Posted 2004-02-24, 07:54 PM in reply to brian's post starting "Sorry i meant to say that my friend..."
brian said:
Sorry i meant to say that my friend does NOT have pickit lol sorry for any confusion. =P
this maybe a silly question but dose zoid pickit work when a monster drops something good?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
dam is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweendam is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

dam

Posted 2004-02-24, 08:12 PM in reply to dam's post starting ":weird: this maybe a silly question but..."
dam said:
this maybe a silly question but dose zoid pickit work when a monster drops something good?
That's what it's designed to do.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker