Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Posted 2003-11-17, 10:05 AM in reply to The_Khan's post "Dragonlance: The Legend of Huma"
Tai : This was already posted on page 1 of this thread, mr. khan.

Last edited by Tai; 2003-12-05 at 07:14 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
The_Khan is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenThe_Khan is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

The_Khan

Posted 2003-11-25, 11:22 AM in reply to The_Khan's post "Dragonlance: The Legend of Huma"
Have a nice Thanksgiving everyone

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
The_Khan is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenThe_Khan is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

The_Khan

Posted 2003-11-25, 01:43 PM in reply to The_Khan's post "Dragonlance: The Legend of Huma"
Hot shit dude! Now that is the type of shit I love. Dragons, devils, etc. Anything that looks that badass, must be fun to draw. Another good show Khan, thanks buddy!

Happy Turkey Day to you as well.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2003-12-01, 03:19 PM in reply to The_Khan's post "Dragonlance: The Legend of Huma"
I'm really happy that you like it, my friend. Hope that your Turkey day went well

Here is a picture for George R.R. Martin's The Hedge Knight, the prequel to his famous A Song of Ice and Fire, enjoy

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

The_Khan

Posted 2003-12-01, 07:23 PM in reply to The_Khan's post "Dragonlance: The Legend of Huma"
That's a really nice picture. My only complaint is that the dragon on the helmet looks too large. I don't know anything about the character, so I may be off base, but it simply seems impractical.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-12-04, 12:59 PM in reply to The_Khan's post "Dragonlance: The Legend of Huma"
I'm happy that you like it, my friend and thanks for the feedback.

ATTENTION ALL DRAGONLANCE FANS!

Hello everyone, we've finally come to the time where we have to start calling our local comic shops and making sure that we order copies of Dragonlance issue #1. Now's the time, before final orders come in.

Comic Shop Locator Service - Find a Comic Shop Near You!
www.Don'tAdvertise.com

Or call 1-888-NO-ADVERTISING

Last edited by Titusfied; 2003-12-05 at 01:31 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

The_Khan

Posted 2003-12-04, 05:37 PM in reply to The_Khan's post "Dragonlance: The Legend of Huma"
Khan, please don't advertise in this forum. Alright? If you need to advertise, do it elsewhere. You've been posting (to my knowledge) artwork from people that work for you, or are affiliated to you through the workplace. If that is the case, then this should not even be here in this forum because it is not your work.

If these artists want to post their work here, they need to do it themselves, not let a spokesman who may be doing it without their knowledge.
What I've learned from living in this country : America is a bad word, so is Religion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Tai

Posted 2003-12-04, 06:25 PM in reply to The_Khan's post "Dragonlance: The Legend of Huma"
While you're right about the advertising, (though I don't agree with the rule at all. I don't see any problem with allowing people the opportunity to get this comic.) there is nothing wrong with him posting the pictures here. He is not violating any copyright laws, nor is he claiming anything false. If he wants to post the work of those who are drawing pictures for his company, that's his prerogative, and there is no fault in it.
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-12-05, 01:19 AM in reply to The_Khan's post "Dragonlance: The Legend of Huma"
If he wants to advertise he needs to do it in a better forum so more people will see it. And technically, to use individual art you do need permission. And second, he doesn't actually name the artist, that's also something he'd need to do. One reason being as an artist myself, if people want to post my pictures elsewhere, they usually, or will always (if they havent dug the pic out of a nameless bin on the internet) will atleast mention who the artist was or is. And from that, maybe they have their own site, and people who view them can go see more.

It's not like I'm going to close this thread or remove it, this is just a finger waging and a reminder.
What I've learned from living in this country : America is a bad word, so is Religion.

Last edited by Tai; 2003-12-05 at 01:22 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Tai

Posted 2003-12-05, 08:36 AM in reply to The_Khan's post "Dragonlance: The Legend of Huma"
Actually, I believe that if they're artists under his employ making artwork for his company, he can do whatever the fuck he wants with the pictures.
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-12-08, 08:42 AM in reply to The_Khan's post "Dragonlance: The Legend of Huma"
Wow, I didn't know that I had caused such a fuss while I was gone. I see where you are coming from Admin, but you need not worry about my artists, because in my company my artists and I are like family we don't have any problems at all with one another. So even though I'm happy that you care about them but they are okay and very happy to work with me. As Senior Member mentioned to you the artwork that my artists drew for me I can do whatever that I want with them since I licensed out the fantasy properties and not the artists. But one thing that we do allow is for our artists to own and keep the originals that they draw, which they can then sell for extra income, some other comic book companies don't even allow them to do that. but as for letting fantasy fans everywhere know that we are adapting some of the New York time bestselling favorite novels in comic book format we have to let them know, because if the comic books succeed then we get to do more. By the way you mentioned that you are an artist, please e-mail me at Ernst@roaringstudios.com with some of your pictures if you are interested in showing me some of your work. Thanks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

The_Khan

Posted 2003-12-10, 01:35 PM in reply to The_Khan's post "Dragonlance: The Legend of Huma"
Here is a five page preview of George R.R. Martin's The Hedge Knight, enjoy

Page 1:

Page 2:

Page 3:

Page 4:

Page 5:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

The_Khan

Posted 2003-12-11, 03:19 PM in reply to The_Khan's post "Dragonlance: The Legend of Huma"
The_Khan said:
Wow, I didn't know that I had caused such a fuss while I was gone. I see where you are coming from Admin, but you need not worry about my artists, because in my company my artists and I are like family we don't have any problems at all with one another. So even though I'm happy that you care about them but they are okay and very happy to work with me. As Senior Member mentioned to you the artwork that my artists drew for me I can do whatever that I want with them since I licensed out the fantasy properties and not the artists. But one thing that we do allow is for our artists to own and keep the originals that they draw, which they can then sell for extra income, some other comic book companies don't even allow them to do that. but as for letting fantasy fans everywhere know that we are adapting some of the New York time bestselling favorite novels in comic book format we have to let them know, because if the comic books succeed then we get to do more. By the way you mentioned that you are an artist, please e-mail me at Ernst@roaringstudios.com with some of your pictures if you are interested in showing me some of your work. Thanks.
Thanks, and good to know. Btw a TSR forum might be made, you could put updates and notifications for your product there if it is made into a forum!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Tai

Posted 2003-12-15, 10:30 AM in reply to The_Khan's post "Dragonlance: The Legend of Huma"
You're welcome. That would be great. If a TSR forum were to be made, it would be my pleasure to post updates and notifications on there as well. Thanks for your help, Tai, it is greatly appreciated, my friend.

Here is a five page preview of George R.R. Martin's The Hedge Knight issue #2, this is a most entertaining read, please enjoy

Page 1:

Page 2:

Page 3:

Page 4:

Page 5:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

The_Khan

Posted 2003-12-17, 02:37 PM in reply to The_Khan's post "Dragonlance: The Legend of Huma"
Most of you know that Robert Jordan has a new "Wheel of Time" novel that is due out in bookstores in January 2004. It is called New Spring the novel, and we are happy to say that we will be adapting Robert Jordan's New Spring, the Novel into a graphic novel. You've been seeing some of our artwork on other adaptations and I'm sure that you have a sense of what we are capable of. Please check out the link below to see the article in Newsarama and post your thoughts, enjoy and spread the word to any Robert Jordan fans that you know

http://newsarama.com/forums/showthre...&threadid=7311

Here is the link with Robert Jordan's thoughts on the graphic novel adaptation, enjoy

http://www.dragonmount.com/news/News-2003-12.aspx
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

The_Khan

Posted 2003-12-23, 01:18 PM in reply to The_Khan's post "Dragonlance: The Legend of Huma"
Happy Holidays everyone
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

The_Khan

Posted 2003-12-23, 01:33 PM in reply to The_Khan's post "Dragonlance: The Legend of Huma"
Pwn.

Oh, I've got a quick question. I suppose I could just read the books and find out, but I'm finishing Preludes II right now.

Is Magius just as famed as Huma, only with different people? Or perhaps Madius is simply overshadowed by the legend that is Huma. I've always enjoyed the mages in Dragonlance much more than the fighters (Caramon excluded of course... and Flint because he's got such a lovable personality).

::Edit::

After I posted, it took me to the top of the page, and I saw that picture again. I really like that one. *Right click* *Set as background*

Also, I've reviewed all the pictures. This one in particular I liked originally.

However, the tail needs a different sort of texture. Compared to the rest of the dragon, it's sort of... monotonous. Also, Is the cape being blown in the wind? I can't exactly say why, but I think it would look a lot better if it were just resting.

Anyhow, I like the picture you just posted. There are only two things I don't like about it.

1. The end of the cape looks disproportional to the rest of it. It looks like there is a bit of cloth trailing off the end of it.

2. The blue dragon on the right side seems to be missing a rear leg...

Other that that, it is a spectacular picture. The lighting on the dragon in the foreground is great, and I like the overall style of the picture.
D3V said:

Last edited by Medieval Bob; 2003-12-23 at 01:47 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-12-29, 06:37 PM in reply to The_Khan's post "Dragonlance: The Legend of Huma"
Medieval Bob, my friend, first off I like your Avatar, it's really cool

Okay, I'll try to answer your question to the best of my abilities

Yes, Magius is as famed as Huma in the fact that all future mages in Krynn wears daggers in honor of him. But you are right his fame is indeed overshadowed by the legend of Huma. Magius had the possibility to be as great as Raistlin but certain factors kept him from doing that. I think that you'll definitely enjoy Magius and you'll definitely get a good laugh when you read about his relationship with Kaz, the Minotaur.

I'm happy that you like that poster. You can order it from your comic book retailer and it'll be yours I see what you mean. We made this poster as a sort of Collage, which allowed the artist alot of leeway to a certain extent that is.

However, the tail needs a different sort of texture. Compared to the rest of the dragon, it's sort of... monotonous. Also, Is the cape being blown in the wind? I can't exactly say why, but I think it would look a lot better if it were just resting. I have to admit that like you, I really like this poster as well, my friend

1. Many fans thought that the cape was well done, because as a Knight of the Crown, Huma did not have the best cloak like a rich Knight of the Rose could afford, and as he never had a change of cloaks throughout the war and always being in the thick of battle they thought that it looked as if the cape had been ripped during his many battles.

2. As for the blue dragon, you are the first one to notice that his leg has been bit off. Wow, I thought that no one would have noticed. You have great eye for details, my friend.

I'm happy that you like what you see though

Here is the penciled and inked cover to Raymond E. Feist, The Woodboy, it has yet to be colored, but I wanted to give you all a sneek peek, enjoy

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

The_Khan

Posted 2003-12-30, 03:57 PM in reply to The_Khan's post "Dragonlance: The Legend of Huma"
Have a Happy New Year, everyone. I'll be be back next week

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

The_Khan

Posted 2004-01-05, 11:39 AM in reply to The_Khan's post "Dragonlance: The Legend of Huma"
The Diamond Previews Order Codes for The Hedge Knight collected edition as well as the Dragonlance as well, enjoy

DEVIL’S DUE PUBLISHING/ DABEL BROTHERS

GEORGE R.R. MARTIN’S “THE HEDGE KNIGHT” Collected Edition Issues #1-3

Written by: George R.R. Martin & Ben Avery
Penciled by: Mike S. Miller
Inked by: Mike Crowell
Colored by: Transparency Digital

Previews Synopsis:

Night falls over the life of one noble knight and brings the dawn of his squire’s
knighthood. Dubbing himself ‘Ser Duncan the Tall’, ‘The Hedge Knight’ sets forth to the tourney at Ashford Meadow in search of fame and glory and the honor of upholding his oath as a knight of the Seven Kingdoms. Unfortunately for him, the world isn’t ready for a knight who keeps his oaths, and his chivalrous methods could be the very cause of his demise.

Format: 80 page Color Comic. Issues #1-3

Special Notes: This is a collected edition of the first two sold out issues of George R.R. Martin “The Hedge Knight” along with issue #3

Diamond Previews Order Codes:

DEC032356 E – THE HEDGE KNIGHT COLLECTED EDITION
NOV032241 E - DRAGONLANCE THE LEGEND OF HUMA

click here to find a retailer close by to you: http://csls.diamondcomics.com/

You can also access the Comic Shop Locator Service by calling toll free:
1-888-COMIC BOOK
(1-888-266-4226)

Here is a page for The Hedge Knight issue #4, enjoy

Last edited by The_Khan; 2004-01-05 at 01:02 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

The_Khan