Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Posted 2003-02-21, 10:36 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Lightwave Classes TONIGHT at 6 pm EST"
yeah, it confused me at first. I am still getting use to the whole thing, like Subpatches wont work with polygons that dont have 3 or 4 sides which messed me up since I didnt know.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2003-02-21, 10:39 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Lightwave Classes TONIGHT at 6 pm EST"
lol well how do you do it then for polygons that don't have 3 or 4 sides? (i wouldn't know... i don't use LW )
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2003-02-21, 10:47 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Lightwave Classes TONIGHT at 6 pm EST"
just have them selected and hit Tab. my model now looks good except the parts without 3 or 4 sides.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2003-02-21, 10:48 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Lightwave Classes TONIGHT at 6 pm EST"
oh you didn't fix it? i thought you knew how to fix it... hehe nvm
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-02-21, 10:54 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Lightwave Classes TONIGHT at 6 pm EST"
well I can fix the ones that dont have 3 or 4 side, I just have to spilt them into more polys that are 3 or 4 sided. Just by useing the knive tool well.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2003-02-21, 11:16 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Lightwave Classes TONIGHT at 6 pm EST"
lol well i dunno =\ why don't you just go with subpatch modeling?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-02-21, 11:55 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Lightwave Classes TONIGHT at 6 pm EST"
What do you mean? I am useing SubPatch
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2003-02-22, 01:41 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Lightwave Classes TONIGHT at 6 pm EST"
are you now? with weights? i dunno... but it thought you started with a box and went from there? isn't that polygonal modeling?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-02-22, 10:38 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Lightwave Classes TONIGHT at 6 pm EST"
Well at the end I just add subpatches, and I will work into detail with them. I did start from a Cube
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2003-02-22, 10:53 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Lightwave Classes TONIGHT at 6 pm EST"
nod i didn't i started with points and then i just patched them in
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-02-22, 10:54 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Lightwave Classes TONIGHT at 6 pm EST"
I wanted to start with points, but I dont know how to work with them yet. Now that you said you did, I need to find out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2003-02-22, 10:57 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Lightwave Classes TONIGHT at 6 pm EST"
well you just place points select them hit "p" and voila you have a polygon of some sort
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-02-22, 10:58 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Lightwave Classes TONIGHT at 6 pm EST"
make sure only 3 or 4 points are selected?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2003-02-22, 11:00 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Lightwave Classes TONIGHT at 6 pm EST"
not really but yes if you want them subpatched later
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-02-22, 11:03 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Lightwave Classes TONIGHT at 6 pm EST"
well I am going to make a new Model doing this, thanks
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2003-02-22, 11:06 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Lightwave Classes TONIGHT at 6 pm EST"
np btw you really want a reference picture trust me
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-02-22, 11:28 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Lightwave Classes TONIGHT at 6 pm EST"
Since you said that, how do I import a pic into LightWave so I can use it as a reference?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2003-02-22, 11:36 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Lightwave Classes TONIGHT at 6 pm EST"
err ask chruser i don't know the exact operations
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-02-22, 11:52 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Lightwave Classes TONIGHT at 6 pm EST"
Sure, I will just look it up
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2003-02-22, 02:23 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Lightwave Classes TONIGHT at 6 pm EST"
try getting the books by dan ablan they're really good
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin