Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Dumb work stories
Posted 2006-08-03, 12:18 PM
Alrigh so we have Creme de Menthe as a flavor for shakes at DQ. Yesterday this hick came in and said 'Is creamed methane healthy for you?' 'What?' 'Under shake flavors. Creamed methane. How do you get the gas to mix in?' I just shook my head, and made his shake. After that I went into the freezer and began attacking boxes with a knife, as opposed to ripping his throat out for being so stupid. Post your work stories! LOLZ!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2006-08-03, 03:46 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post "Dumb work stories"
Thats really nothing.

So anyways I work at a hardware store, we fill propane tanks in the back of the store. Like 5 years ago there was a national law that makes it illegal to fill non-OPD tanks. The new OPD tanks can't blow up, so on with the story.

In the back of the store we have a fenced in area that we hold old tanks along with the filling place. So this lady rings the bell for me to fill her tanks, I come out back to notice she has her tank, along with an old tank that was sitting inside the fenced in area because its not an OPD tank. She tells me she wants them both filled, I'm thinking well maybe I should be like don't steal our tanks but whatever.

I explain that we can't fill those old tanks and she can't rid of it at the local trash pick up. So she heads inside to pay for filling her old tank. I also explain that we charge 4 dollars, its a 500 fine to throw it out at the courner. She comes back out I fill her tank, and put both back into her car. She just goes in her car and acts like she's looking for something, so I just hang out in the back knowing that she just wants to drop the tank. So she ends up pulling away, I go inside to tell my boss I'm going to be out back for a few he's like whatever.

As I'm walking back out the door, her car comes back around the building, and she decides to go and pay 4 dollars to give us back the tank she took.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2006-08-03, 04:08 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post "Dumb work stories"
We had a latter about 4 1/2 feet tall... and its one of those that stand up on their own. We'll I had the bright idea to jump on top of it and with foot on the top push myself up into the air. I ran as fast as I could jumped landed my right foot on it, all was going to plan, but my momentum was too much for the ladder to keep upright and just went forward then closed caused me to fall backwards right onto it. My ass, back, and head hurt for days.

One of many stories from ToysRUs, like us taking the razor bikes and ramming the x-game ramps in the back, or doing it with bikes, skateboards, playing baseball in the morning, football and me nailing a sign off hanging from the room causing it to fall. Splat all over, couldnt clean that shit up. Me taking a nap covered in stuff animals. We just do dumb stuff all the time
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2006-08-03, 07:24 PM in reply to Acer's post starting "We had a latter about 4 1/2 feet..."
Do you have older employees who follow teenagers throughout the store? Because in King of Prussia, PA me and about five others went into the Toys R Us, made two laps around the store, and the guy kept following us. Well, that was after we had a 2-minute sparring-fest with these foam swords...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2006-08-03, 11:46 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Do you have older employees who follow..."
lol you may have set off a code geoffrey, which means they are watching you to make sure you aren't stealing
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2006-08-04, 12:08 AM in reply to Acer's post starting "lol you may have set off a code..."
Foam swords??? How can you steal huge toys???
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2006-08-04, 01:37 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Foam swords??? How can you steal huge..."
Stick 'em down your pants.

-----

I work in a big converted mill - now more or less a giant four storey warehouse. We get big orders of shoes, slippers, wellies, boots (Bacup Shoe)... and then toys (Alpha) and so on and so forth. Each of these orders is about 2- to 3000 boxes. We get two or three of these orders a DAY.

So, we've got to stack them on pallets. And, of course, these stacks can collapse. So we shrink-wrap them. Shrink-wrap is like cling film, basically. Except less clingy... and it shrinks when wrapped.

Well, we have lots of fun with shrink wrap; making balls of the stuff and lobbing them at each other (these balls are REALLY hard. Try it with some cling film - make it as tight and round as possible. Make the cling film into a long string, and roll it up. Believe me, it gets really hard).

The BEST fun, however, is shrink-wrapping each other To poles.

You really have got to see a person secured to a pole and struggling before you can say you have truly lived. Highly amusing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-08-04, 02:38 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Stick 'em down your pants. ----- ..."
Got caught banging a waitress at a bar I mangaged in the basement office. It also happened to be the owners daughter. He chased me out wirh a fucking broom....Ahhh to be young again
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Doofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDoofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Doofus_AW

Posted 2006-08-04, 02:42 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Foam swords??? How can you steal huge..."
Well not that you'll steal those, but kids who goof off we usually have to watch
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2006-08-04, 03:50 PM in reply to Acer's post starting "Well not that you'll steal those, but..."
i dont work ):
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Decayed Voodoo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDecayed Voodoo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Decayed Voodoo

Posted 2006-08-04, 05:06 PM in reply to Decayed Voodoo's post starting "i dont work ):"
Decayed Voodoo said:
i dont work ):
Get a job ya hippie....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Doofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDoofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Doofus_AW

Posted 2006-08-04, 05:39 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post starting "Get a job ya hippie...."
too young, by like a year. but when i turn 16 my parents wont let me get a job because theyre gonna be like ENJOY YOUR CHILDHOOD </asian>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Decayed Voodoo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDecayed Voodoo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Decayed Voodoo

Posted 2006-08-05, 12:18 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Stick 'em down your pants. ----- ..."
Lenny said:
The BEST fun, however, is shrink-wrapping each other To poles.
Know how I know you're gay?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2006-08-05, 04:33 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Know how I know you're gay?"
Good thing I didn't tell you we were all pole-dancing the other day.

-----

DV said:
too young, by like a year. but when i turn 16 my parents wont let me get a job because theyre gonna be like ENJOY YOUR CHILDHOOD </asian>
15 isn't too young to get a job. There's always the paper-round or something. No?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-08-05, 08:58 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Good thing I didn't tell you we were..."
There is always McDonald's. At least it's a start.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2006-08-06, 01:53 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "There is always McDonald's. At least..."
i used to work as a hairdresser, and we always gave a head massage to guys after washing their hair, well there were like 2 or 3, they always rested their head on my boobs, i hated that so much, so i tryed to push their head back, but mostly that didnt work. so i told my boss about it and that it was bothering me, he just said to get over it and to be nice to the costumers, well i thought that was pretty fucked up!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
xombie_love is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenxombie_love is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

xombie_love

Posted 2006-08-06, 02:27 PM in reply to xombie_love's post starting "i used to work as a hairdresser, and we..."
You ought to have just stepped back and watched with glee as their heads fell sharply backwards.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-08-06, 02:30 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "You ought to have just stepped back and..."
well i was young and affraid to lose my job if i would do something like that.
but i should have done that
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
xombie_love is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenxombie_love is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

xombie_love

Posted 2006-08-06, 02:32 PM in reply to xombie_love's post starting "well i was young and affraid to lose my..."
To be perfectly honest, it would've been their own fault. Just say you thought you saw a spider and are frightened by spiders very easily.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-08-06, 02:44 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "To be perfectly honest, it would've..."
now you saying that oh well maybe if i work as a hairdresser again, i will try that. if it doesnt work out i will blame you. jk
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

xombie_love